• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's predict Jimmy Sony's next PC port

What's the next PlayStation game heading to PC (after GoW & Uncharted) ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vognerful

Thank, thank you all for the award!

I would like thank Sony for providing us with this great game, knowing that finally it can reach its full potential.

I would like to tell all neoGAF doubters and Sony extremist who know themselves that doubted us on what we had said long ago, that there is no stop on this train. And no game is off from being released on the master machine. You thought that spiderman is the jewel that will only release on playstation?! You thought wrong!

And finally, I like to ask VFXVeteran VFXVeteran to share this stage with me. Please, all of you, welcome this magnificent prophet on the stage as he finally deserve this moment.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
NElJWhG.jpg

Hopefully either of these two and not sackboy

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You can see Sony has tons of games to port over. At some point, I'll say 2024 as they'll use 2023 to pump out a lot more ports, they'll focus on PC games being equal or close to PS5 release dates.

Ported
- Horizon ZD
- Days Gone
- God of War
- UC 4/LL
- Spiderman
- Spiderman MM

Big names games left:
- LOU (1 and 2)
- GT7
- Demons Souls
- R&C
- Bloodborne
- Ghosts of Tsushima
- Horizon FW

Smaller sales/franchises (that may also have a PS4 version so easy porting):
- Returnal (rumoured lately)
- Sackboy (rumoured lately)
- Gravity Rush
- Astrobot
- Knack
- The Show
- Dreams
- Infamous Second Sun
- Killzone Shadowfall
- LBP 3

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Hopefully Returnal soon. I want to see how far they can push fidelity and framerate. I was pleasantly surprised to see they're including ray tracing (assuming recent leaks are accurate). I can't see any outcome other than being a smash hit on PC.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Either Last of Us Remastered + 2 or Ghost of Tsushima.

Too early to port PS5 games yet. Let mainstream and entry level PC gamers upgrade first. PS4 games can be run comfortably on entry level Desktop, laptops and even Steam Deck. Too big of a target market. Spiderman will sell as much if not more than god of war depending on how good the port is.

Id love Sony to take a look at its PS3 back catalogue and rely less and less in RPCS3.
That's not how the company sees it.

When the games get announced and completed is totally up to the graphics engine implementation to support the PC platforms. GG's engine is done. ND's engine is being worked on as we speak. Insomniac's engine is done. UE games are being ported over pretty quickly since it's an agnostic graphics engine. SSM's GoW engine is done.

Waiting to port PS5 games just for the sake of waiting isn't on their minds folks. I don't know how many times I have to keep saying that.

Larxia

Ported
- Horizon ZD
- Days Gone
- God of War
- UC 4/LL
- Spiderman
- Spiderman MM

Big names games left:
- LOU (1 and 2)
- GT7
- Demons Souls
- R&C
- Bloodborne
- Ghosts of Tsushima
- Horizon FW

Smaller sales/franchises (that may also have a PS4 version so easy porting):
- Returnal (rumoured lately)
- Sackboy (rumoured lately)
- Astrobot
- Knack
- The Show
- Dreams
- Infamous Second Sun
- Killzone Shadowfall
- LBP 3
You forgot Gravity Rush :messenger_crying:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
40 more people got LoU 1 right. Not that it was the "next" game after Days Gone, but still a good guess.

Ported
- Horizon ZD
- Days Gone
- God of War
- UC 4/LL
- Spiderman
- Spiderman MM
- LoU 1

Rumoured Lately
- Returnal
- Sackboy

Big names games left:
- LOU 2
- GT7
- Demons Souls
- R&C
- Bloodborne
- Ghosts of Tsushima
- Horizon FW

Smaller or older franchises (that may also have a PS4 version so easy porting):
- Gravity Rush
- Astrobot
- Knack
- The Show
- Dreams
- Infamous Second Sun
- Killzone Shadowfall
- LBP 3

kyliethicc

40 more people got LoU 1 right. Not that it was the "next" game after Days Gone, but still a good guess.

Ported
- Horizon ZD
- Days Gone
- God of War
- UC 4/LL
- Spiderman
- Spiderman MM
- LoU 1

Rumoured Lately
- Returnal
- Sackboy

Big names games left:
- LOU 2
- GT7
- Demons Souls
- R&C
- Bloodborne
- Ghosts of Tsushima
- Horizon FW

Smaller or older franchises (that may also have a PS4 version so easy porting):
- Gravity Rush
- Astrobot
- Knack
- The Show
- Dreams
- Infamous Second Sun
- Killzone Shadowfall
- LBP 3
No one cares and that’s not the point of this poll. It’s about the next one to release after Uncharted.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No one cares and that’s not the point of this poll. It’s about the next one to release after Uncharted.
In the last page your talking about people who also picked Returnal and Sackboy as prediction winners and those havent even been officially announced for PC.

Uncharted doesn't even have a release date either, so how can you declare who won the contest?

Instead of making a new thread, this thread is close enough to chatting about ports as it has a list of games that are possibilities.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They seem to go for the bigger ones first, so my guess for the next announcement is GT7.
Agreed. A racing game with GAAS mtx is a potential big money maker. Some of the other big name games werent giant sellers on PS, and some dont make sense now either like LoU 2 and Horizon FW.

kyliethicc

In the last page your talking about people who also picked Returnal and Sackboy as prediction winners and those havent even been officially announced for PC.

Uncharted doesn't even have a release date either, so how can you declare who won the contest?

Instead of making a new thread, this thread is close enough to chatting about ports as it has a list of games that are possibilities.
Read the OP.

At the time, Spidey was unannounced, and those games (Returnal & Sackboy) had leaked. Seemed it would be 1 of them.

Uncharted is June 20, the date leaked via EGS. Doubt it would have changed.

The next one to release after Uncharted wins. Whether that’s Spidey in August, or something else, remains to be seen.

Mister Wolf

Returnal is what I want. It's the game that would benefit from PC the most. The image quality on console is soft so seeing it at native 4K would be amazing. Also higher framerates benefit all shooters.

ACESHIGH

Banned
After miles morales it may be ghost of Tsushima. I don't think they will release forbidden west until all DLC is out.

I'd love it to be Bloodborne but that would require Sonys execs 2 braincells to work in tandem. It is the lowest hanging fruit ever.

Top Bottom