• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Show Our Cars!!

you guys with the new model Mustangs are making me jealous. I have almost pulled the trigger on one like three times in the last six months. Currently the family car is a 2016 Camry.

Yeah.

OP how do you like the v6? dealers keep trying to put me in an ecoboost but the exhaust note on the V6 makes me horny.

Kickz

Here's mine;

image.jpg

1436b76ce354ff2c032bbcba2b7c170fx.jpg

Tigress

1994 Porsche 993! Manual, 2wd, 275 bhp
20161106_16144540252.jpg
[/url] [/img]

I miss my Porsche (it was an old '73 911T. Kinda a beater but was a good candidate if some one wanted a project car as it had no rust and engine seemed pretty strong and very fun to drive).

I just have a 2003 celica now and working retail just glad my mom helped me buy it. It's managed to be the car I've kept the longest (almost 8 years now) and also my most reliable (had an ac relay go out and now the shitty aftermarket muffler a previous owner put on is rusted out). It's my 2nd favorite car I've ever owned but there is no shame in losing out to a Porsche 911 ;).

I have no pics. This one isn't mine but mine looks just like that except I have a decepticon logo where the Toyota logo on the front grill is.

https://goo.gl/images/yZCZND

Not my actual car, but I have a 2012 Volvo C30 T5. I call it the Mini-Tumbler and have a Batman logo cutout over the center rear break light.

used-2012-volvo-c30-certifiedc30t5coupe6speedmanualtrans-1186-13259223-1-1024.jpg

Lombax

Banned
2010 VW TDI Sportwagen. She finally gave out on me at 250,000 miles without a single mechanical problem up until the end. Hands down the best car I have ever owned!
IMG_20151208_090845.png

Now I drive this painfully average bucket of poor build quality. I'm really looking forward to getting out of it ASAP.
IMG_20160103_081955.png

Rsinart

My old 05 Scion xB. Also have a 2010 Mits Outlander thats my daily, and a 1962 Ford Falcon Futura that my father and I are working on.

IMG_20160413_191613_zpscmihmjqg.jpg

Lorcain

How has it treated you? I've been thinking of trading my Tacoma in for a Lariat with the 2.7 ecoboost.
That's exactly what I did. I went from a 2nd Gen Tacoma TRD Sport to the F150 Lariat with the 2.7 ecoboost. Before I lavish praise on the F150, I want to mention that my Taco was great, and did everything I needed it to do. It was reliable, carried all my shit, bikes, sports gear, etc without any issues. It was just getting a little too small for my growing family and all of their gear.

Here's the best way I can summarize my F150: It feels like I'm driving a truck-Mustang with the 2.7 twin turbo, especially in Sport mode. It was weird at first hearing the turbos spin up and roar like a sports car. With the lighter aluminum frame, the 325HP and 375lbs of torque make that truck move. Of course it also does the truck stuff really well too, which is why I bought it in the first place.

+ This is such a minor thing, but I love the flat payload area in the cab. It seems so simple, but I can't believe other trucks don't do this. They have complicated floor covers, and fold aways. The F150 is already flat. Just put the seats up.

+ Everything is refined. The bed has lighting, the tailgate is dampened with remote access, the cabin is crazy quiet, the ride is really smooth even by car standards.

+ They nailed the seating position. Very comfortable, great view of the road. That's my only real complaint with the Tacoma 2nd and 3rd gens with their low seating position.

+ Mine came with the FX4 package which has the electronic locking rear diff, which I've already used to bail myself out of some nasty snowy-mud. That was something I really liked about the Tacoma TRD Off Roads.

I've had it for a little over 2 years with only 1 minor issue that was fixed in 10 minutes with a computer update. It's a good vehicle.

Cswhtj3VYAErsWW.jpg:small

Left: old, '15 FR-S
Right: current, '16 Prius

The missus has a '16 Outback; we're potentially giving it to our daughter and getting her a WRX next year.

Disxo

I am a simple man, (parents car, but for perspective, since we are in south america)
VA_1fbca5e052c94effb443f58bf534a969.jpg

Dacia Sandero stepway 2015

Marche90

Mine's not as fancy as half of the cars in this thread, but hey, it's my first one, can't complain. I also found out that I enjoy driving MT vehicules thanks to it. Who knew I would end up enjoying that when I preferred the comfort of an AT? Anyway

2017 Kia Rio LX MT. This photo was taken when I was picking it up at the dealership

Happy with it, but it chugs gas like there's no tomorrow, tho. 12L per 100 KM, aprox.

nillapuddin

not my pic, but my car
06 Hyundai Tiburon gt midnight blue
(although I live in FL so darkest possible tint on all windows)

55933934.jpg

not particularly interesting, but I did build this cool diy sound system setup

BS7iAKR.png

6.5" w10 tablet, groove music running off microsd (hotspot for gps and iheartradio/podcasts)

Dinokill

you guys with the new model Mustangs are making me jealous. I have almost pulled the trigger on one like three times in the last six months. Currently the family car is a 2016 Camry.

Yeah.

OP how do you like the v6? dealers keep trying to put me in an ecoboost but the exhaust note on the V6 makes me horny.

I love it. You can beff up the sound with shorty headers, h pipe and some aftermarket mufflers for a mean sound!. That's my next project on the car. On the ecoboost you will not get rid of the lawnmower sound unless you do something illegal. You can find good deals on the v6s out there. I bought mine for 23k after registration, dealer fees and taxes.

Dinokill

not my pic, but my car
06 Hyundai Tiburon gt midnight blue
(although I live in FL so darkest possible tint on all windows)

55933934.jpg

not particularly interesting, but I did build this cool diy sound system setup

BS7iAKR.png

6.5" w10 tablet, groove music running off microsd (hotspot for gps and iheartradio/podcasts)

I think you can go darker than that. I live in Florida too and mine is the darkest allowed. 28% on sides and 15% on the back.

Clearos

Just got a 2016 Crosstrek Limited less than a month ago. My '04 TL had to be put down. Not as fast as my old car but the utility compared to a sedan is great.

us8VFKBl.jpg

Dealer doing the finishing touches..i think
ULkwW97l.jpg

YPlPRo1l.jpg

Just placed an order for a spoiler and a crossbar. Want to deck this out as a go.

SDCowboy

so many people with cars from 2015, 2016, 2017

seems such a waste of money to buy a new car

To speak for myself only, as a truck guy, trucks hold their value so well, that used ones cost almost as much as the new ones. To me, it's not worth saving a couple grand to risk buying someone else's problems.

JambiBum

Yeah.

Not the OP, but I have the 2017 mustang that's also a V6 that I posted earlier. Honestly if you have to drive long distances all the time then I'd probably get the ecoboost just to save on gas. If you're only taking long drives every so often then get the V6. Or V8 if you want to go real crazy.

Clearos

so many people with cars from 2015, 2016, 2017

seems such a waste of money to buy a new car

Crosstrek had a ton of new safety features that were only added on the 2016 model and above. I paid a bit more than a used 2014 but its worth it for the peace of mind when my family is in the car.

Schlep

Chevy did a great job on the new Malibu imo

Yep. I always liked how they handled when I rented them, but they looked utterly terrible. The new one looks great and drives as good as it ever has. I also love the 8" Android Auto display.

2u6FCQ6.jpg

Shirosaki

Neo Member
To speak for myself only, as a truck guy, trucks hold their value so well, that used ones cost almost as much as the new ones. To me, it's not worth saving a couple grand to risk buying someone else's problems.

Same holds true for Corvette's. Granted my Stingray took a big hit driving it off the lot, it's been holding steady since. Although I got mine last year I'm looking for something else now.

Top Bottom