• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles

Maligna

Banned
Someone should make a GAF PSVR "Community" on PS4 as well.

I want some people to play Star Trek Bridge Crew, EVE and RIGS with for sure.

If the Ot is anything like this they won't be able to do any of that stuff

Here's hoping. I hope the OT can be like this thread.

Baffled by nav support: I guess if something like EF doesn't need a tracked controller and two sticks you can fly one-handed with a nav.

Weird.

Interesting. I actually don't think this is a bad idea if a game only uses one Move, it may not really matter in some games that it's not trackable if it's not really doing anything other than enabling the use of an analog stick or d-pad and all the extra buttons.

OK now totally set.

Couple of days off work

New move controllers ordered and being delivered this coming week.

Final desicion on software:

Vr world's
Rigs
Battlezone
Driveclub
Star Trek Bridge Crew
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Trackmania Turbo

That leaves enough in the pot for final fantasy 15 plus the odd 15.99 game if anything pops up.

So hyped cannot wait

Gaf hit me up on psn ready for rigs/Battlezone/driveclub/star trek

Psn id: goliath_77 (United Kingdom)

Would love to game with Gaf rather than the usual random :)

Battlezone is so wack. Being in the tank was cool but the novelty only lasts a couple of minutes.
and NO you can't say that about all VR games

Mikeside

I know you guys sort of just had this discussion, but regarding sound;

Is it going to be ok having proper headphones with this, or am I going to need to get some comfy earbuds?

Goddamn do I hate earbuds - they hurt my poor ears

Is it going to be ok having proper headphones with this, or am I going to need to get some comfy earbuds?

Proper headphones should be fine. I've just bought a pair because I don't like earbuds much either.

farisr

Proper headphones will be fine. Sony even uses headphones when they're having people try it out.

I'm going to be using my Sennheiser 598s.

Is there some PS VR games reviews available somewhere? I'm curious to see what criteria they'll use and how it will be presented.

Thanks

Chû Totoro;218794862 said:
Is there some PS VR games reviews available somewhere? I'm curious to see what criteria they'll use and how it will be presented.

Thanks

The hardware and software review embargo lifts on the 5th, expect the floodgates to open.

Teknoman

I really want to see how RIGS will play. What it sounds like is way too hyped in my mind. Cant agree on anything without the demos first.

Accepted. Hyped for Battlezone :)

Thanks. Not sure the last time I was this excited for a hardware launch, or when there was such a long list of games I wanted.

I've got Thursday booked off as holiday, but at the moment I'm planning on 'working from home' on the Friday. The temptation to have just one quick go is going to be hard to resist!

Thanks. Not sure the last time I was this excited for a hardware launch, or when there was such a long list of games I wanted.

I've got Thursday booked off as holiday, but at the moment I'm planning on 'working from home' on the Friday. The temptation to have just one quick go is going to be hard to resist!

Nice. I've managed to swing thurs and Fri off work :)

Yakkity

I've also booked Thursday off work and I don't work Fridays so I am ready. Move controllers synced and I've told the missus to not expect much from me that weekend.

PSN ID: Yakkity if anyone wants to add me. I'm in the UK and am getting Driveclub VR initially and probably Battlezone too.

Can't wait!

Saw these earlier today.

nN3hJaX.jpg

Twzv6mP.jpg

First time I have seen this, thought I would post it in here.

Resident Evil 7's VR mode will be exclusive to PSVR for one year.

Batman Arkham will be exclusive for 6 months, until March 31st 2017.

Sorry if it's old news, I knew resi was exclusive but didn't know it was timed.

I've also booked Thursday off work and I don't work Fridays so I am ready. Move controllers synced and I've told the missus to not expect much from me that weekend.

PSN ID: Yakkity if anyone wants to add me. I'm in the UK and am getting Driveclub VR initially and probably Battlezone too.

Can't wait!

Friend request sent

N30RYU

So whats the anticipated top 2 or 3 games for vr?
Robinson
Batman Arkham VR
Rogue One VR Missiom

Will feed my dinosaur/space/superhero impersonation hunger I have since was a kid.

Any info on The Assembly release date other than later this year?? I was folowing it since announcement but lost his trail a few months back

The embargo isn't lifted up but there are already 4 threads of PSVR on the front page...

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Saw these earlier today.

First time I have seen this, thought I would post it in here.

Resident Evil 7's VR mode will be exclusive to PSVR for one year.

Batman Arkham will be exclusive for 6 months, until March 31st 2017.

Sorry if it's old news, I knew resi was exclusive but didn't know it was timed.

Where you get that?

Solal

Anyone knows what whill be Sony's policy in terms of demos?

It would be a VERY good idea to put every VR game in demo so people who are motion sensitive can try the game before buying it.

I will get the PSVR day 1... but I am very worried about which games I will be able to play without getting sick (I tried Driveclub VR and got sick in 3 minutes...could'nt play one minute more..)

So... news on this matter anyone?

Oni Jazar

Ok I'm finally looking through the launch list and it's actually a lot better than I thought! Here's what I'm looking forward to.

Keep An eye on:
Battlezone - I hear a wide range of impressions on this so I'll for some reviews
EVE: Valkyrie - like Battlezone I hear good and bad things - wait for reviews.
Fated: The Silent Oath - Love the artstyle! I'm hoping it's a lot of fun.
Headmaster - People seem to really like it. If the price is right...
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Would like to see some gameplay...

Very Interested:
Batman Arkham VR - ok this will be short but I gotta at least try it out.
Here they Lie - Very well done release trailer. Personally though I may not be able to handle horror games in VR.
Rigs - Hopefully the most polished game of the bunch. I just hope it has enough replayability.
Keep Talking... - If I had friends this would be a must buy.

Must Gets:
Driveclub - Could be the best game at launch. Would need a steering wheel to give it proper justice and that's not happening for me any time soon unfortunately.
Job Simulator - Game looks hilarious.
VR Worlds - Well it's with the bundle so I guess I have to get it.
Rez Infinite- My game of the system
SUPERHYPERCUBE - In Fish I trust.
TumbleVR - I really liked Tumble for move, so this is a no brainer for me.

Smidget

Anyone knows what whill be Sony's policy in terms of demos?

It would be a VERY good idea to put every VR game in demo so people who are motion sensitive can try the game before trying it.

I will get the PSVR day 1... but I am very worried about which games I will be able to play with getting sick (I tried Driveclub VR and got sick in 3 minutes...could'nt play one minute more..)

So... news ont this matter anyone?

Not sure about demos going forward, but all of the PSVRs come with demo discs. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/12/all-the-games-on-the-playstation-vr-demo-disc/

Briarios

There are so many I want ... I already have several games that are going to be patched to VR, and I'm definitely getting RIGS and Batman. Probably Rez and Eve, as well. I'm very much leaning towards Keep Talking and No On Blows Up for a party/family game.

After that, I may have enough for one or two more, but I think I'll wait and play the demos first. Battle zone is tempting, and many others ....

RootCause

There are so many I want ... I already have several games that are going to be patched to VR, and I'm definitely getting RIGS and Batman. Probably Rez and Eve, as well. I'm very much leaning towards Keep Talking and No On Blows Up for a party/family game.

After that, I may have enough for one or two more, but I think I'll wait and play the demos first. Battle zone is tempting, and many others ....
Just curious. Which games are getting patched?

Is Here They Lie suppose to be an actual launch title? I keep seeing it mentioned as one, but I'm not actually seeing it available anywhere. It's not digital only is it?

Pif

Banned
Anyone is gonna wait until we see how further support is looking in the next Sojy conference?

Really afraid Sony drops this like the Vita, Move, etc.

Goldrusher

Is Here They Lie suppose to be an actual launch title? I keep seeing it mentioned as one, but I'm not actually seeing it available anywhere. It's not digital only is it?
It's launch title digitally, with a disc release a few weeks later.
Here They Lie is coming digitally to PlayStation VR on 13th October (with a physical release to follow on 2 November).

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...re-they-lie-is-a-playstation-vr-launch-title/

Kyolux

Nice to see people adding themselves to the spreadsheet/joining the discord group. I'll add you guys on my friends list this afternoon. Just need to make a VR list for that.

Since people were talking about taking some time off on 13/14.. I personally decided to take those two days and the following week. Since I hadn't taken any real vacations since Spring 2015 anyway. (took a day or two here and there but that's it)

And, Battlefront for whenever the X-Wing mission launches.

Is that not on launch? I guess I'll wait before borrowing my coworker's copy.

DieH@rd

Banned
Hadn't seen this before. Looks like a good party game

It's a very old VR game from the time of early Oculus developer kits. PC version was demoed for a long time with printed papers for the bomb defusal crew. PS4 shows those papers on a Social Screen, which is a neat idea [but shuffling papers builds more tension and atmosphere]. :D

N30RYU

It's a very old VR game from the time of early Oculus developer kits. PC version was demoed for a long time with printed papers for the bomb defusal crew. PS4 shows those papers on a Social Screen, which is a neat idea [but shuffling papers builds more tension and atmosphere]. :D

You can always download and print them... I have a fanmade translation in pdf just in case the game doesn't come translated to spanish (like the oculus one)

Top Bottom