• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets talk about Sonys First Party Studios and their upcoming Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be getting very riled up because of me simply stating my own opinion on the state of WWS - I am not attempting to be condescending to you the same way you are to me by dismissing what I'm saying with childish remarks such as ''Spidey senses'' or ''tales from your ass'' so I'd appreciate some common courtesy in the discussion.

All I'm stating is I feel GT6 should have been a PS4 title, and at the very least, a cross gen title. If you don't agree with that, that's fine, but don't resort to being insulting.

You're the one saying someone should lose their job based on a lot of completely rubbish arguments.

If GT6 had been a PS4 title, we wouldn't get it until 2016/17 anyway. Releasing it on PS3 was the smart intermediate move, even if it wasn't as successful as prior Gran Turismo's. It's not like it sold so badly that it lost them money.

Titanfall iirc sold the most on Xbox One despite releasing on the 360 and PC. I'm confident that it'll be the same for TR.

Microsoft will probably bundle it like they did AC last year.

GnawtyDog

Banned
I'm not trying to do a list war battle but if yu are going to make comparisons and create lists then at least do some research before spouting blatant lies.

There is handy site for list wars: http://www.listwar.com/released-games/

Random is kinda right. Just included MS to articulate the point improperly.

Sony Exclusives > Sony First party exclusives. Hopefully some posters get that right - some posts read blurry (as in Sony exclusives = Sony First party Exclusives ONLY.)

Hopefully we can stay on topic.

I'm personally excited to see what Killstrain is all about. Could be really nice and a sleeper hit. San Diego branching out is nice.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Has it been mentioned that Heavy Spectrum, who mainly developed a couple of PlayStation Mobile game for SCEWW is still working on a Shadow of the Beast (PS4)? I also would find it given hat Arrowhead Games is working on another first-party project for SCEWW (HellDivers 2).

Why list Xdev as a first-party studio? They really are just a production group like SCEA PD or SCEJ External Development Group. They have never developed a single game.

Has it been mentioned that Heavy Spectrum, who mainly developed a couple of PlayStation Mobile game for SCEWW is still working on a Shadow of the Beast (PS4)? I also would find it given hat Arrowhead Games is working on another first-party project for SCEWW (HellDivers 2).

Why list Xdev as a first-party studio? They really are just a production group like SCEA PD or SCEJ External Development Group. They have never developed a single game.

I recall Xdev making one or two really small games. The LBP iOS runner maybe?

2thepoint

Driveclub, Resogun, and Infamous:SS+FL are all must-haves in every sense of the word. In comparison, the PS3 had only RFOM and MotorStorm, perhaps R&CF:TOD if you fancy platformers, in the same timeframe. If you don't fancy the PS4 must-haves, it doesn't mean there aren't any.

Ok, I absolutely adore Resogun. Housemarque are great developers and one of my favorites. Driveclub, notwithstanding it's online issues at launch, is an incredible game.

Infamous: SS was excellent too, however, I enjoyed First Light more - I would love more DLC ala Festival of Blood with new powers.

Hexa

Verendus hints that turned out to be true: ( i didnt remember all of them)

- Said FF Versus will become a next Gen Game and renamed into FF 15 ( it was in 2013 and other Insiders didnt believe him - especially Thuway)

- said Dragon Quest will come back to the Playstation - DQ Heroes

- he talked about an exklusive Capcom Game for the Ps4 in 2013 - Street Fighter 5

- said Sony Japan will release a RPG for the Core Fans in 2013 - Bloodborne

- teased a Devil May Cry Remaster in 2014

- teased a new FF Spinnoff coming to Consoles, which wont be an RPG Game --> FF Dissidia

Most of his indications however are meant to be revelead in the next years.

IIRC correctly Verendus said that there were two JRPGs. One was something that he would call an action game but everyone calls a JRPG so he was calling it that and that it would completely melt the hardcore. That is a tremendously good description of Bloodborne. xD

Melchiah

Ok, I absolutely adore Resogun. Housemarque are great developers and one of my favorites. Driveclub, notwithstanding it's online issues at launch, is an incredible game.

Infamous: SS was excellent too, however, I enjoyed First Light more - I would love more DLC ala Festival of Blood with new powers.

Then why claim there's less good exclusives available than in the PS3's infancy? The PS3 was notorious of its dry first year, the current library is far from it.

2thepoint

You're the one saying someone should lose their job based on a lot of completely rubbish arguments.

If GT6 had been a PS4 title, we wouldn't get it until 2016/17 anyway. Releasing it on PS3 was the smart intermediate move, even if it wasn't as successful as prior Gran Turismo's. It's not like it sold so badly that it lost them money.

Microsoft will probably bundle it like they did AC last year.

Yeah Liquid, I think I overreacted a bit because I just feel like complacency is starting to creep up in WWS, and as a passionate Playstation fan for many years, I just want games to buy. It's that simple. I'm getting Bloodborne, Tearaway Unfolded, Ratchet Redux, and maybe Until Dawn because I love Heavy Rain-style games.

But maybe the delay of Uncharted 4 (my most anticipated game of 2015, well was, until the delay struck) is making me feel this complacency, but otherwise, once Sony announce a few new titles at E3, or maybe even before, my opinion will change. It's not so bad because I think an Uncharted Collection will most likely be announced at E3, hopefully :)

I really like Shuhei's affinity for indie titles, his obvious love of games and the industry, his relationship with Playstation fans, and his role in bringing gems like Journey to the platform, so I take back being so judgmental when he seems like he's just trying to do his best.

And Shuhei signing Bloodborne alone makes him great in my books. :D

Hopefully by E3, we will have been given glimpses at Guerrilla's Horizon, Bend's horror title, and Media Molecules's new IP.

A God of War tease would definitely have me squealing, and a Resistance reboot would make me scream.

Pachimari

I only have The Last of Us Remastered but I already completed it on PS3. And when I try start up a new campaign I just end up be a photographer instead. Breathtaking.

Last Light actually made me curious about Second Son. But I guess my next and second Sony PS4 game will be Ratchet & Clank; I really need those colorful platformers.

In the PS3 days I had MotorStorm but I'm content with just FIFA at this point, and I might buy Drive Club to check the whole deal out.

2thepoint

Then why claim there's less good exclusives available than in the PS3's infancy? The PS3 was notorious of its dry first year, the current library is far from it.

Well, I first picked up a PS3 around the time Uncharted: Drake's Fortune hit so I was probably insulated from that dry period - by the time I picked it up, Warhawk, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Lair and others were already released, so maybe I jumped the gun a bit.

Forgive me guys, I wrote those arguments very late at night while sleep deprived, so I may have been a tad overreactive and dumb. :p

2thepoint

Verendus hints that turned out to be true: ( i didnt remember all of them)

- Said FF Versus will become a next Gen Game and renamed into FF 15 ( it was in 2013 and other Insiders didnt believe him - especially Thuway)

- said Dragon Quest will come back to the Playstation - DQ Heroes

- he talked about an exklusive Capcom Game for the Ps4 in 2013 - Street Fighter 5

- said Sony Japan will release a RPG for the Core Fans in 2013 - Bloodborne

- teased a Devil May Cry Remaster in 2014

- teased a new FF Spinnoff coming to Consoles, which wont be an RPG Game --> FF Dissidia

Most of his indications however are meant to be revelead in the next years.

Whoa, he really is very knowledgeable - he must be pretty high at Sony to have access to that kind of information well ahead of time.

Thank you Verendus, for fueling countless hype trains. :D

Whoa, he really is very knowledgeable - he must be pretty high at Sony to have access to that kind of information well ahead of time.

Thank you Verendus, for fueling countless hype trains. :D

His big/other Announcements are not even revealed yet

- Final Fantasy 7 Remake (probably also HD compilations of the spinnofs) on Ps4
- Sony Japans Big Budget RPG Game (like FF for a worldwide audience)
- Final Fantasy 12 Remaster
- A new Brawler Game for Ps4
- 2 Sega Exclusives for Ps4 - one will be revelead in 2015
- Exclusive Ps4 Game from Lockstarter (Rockstar Games) ?
- Exclusive Ps4 Game from Warner Bros (Superman ?)
- a Dragon Quest Remake for Ps4 and other Dragon Quest Game (DQ 11?)
- New Suikoden Game (not sure if Ps4 exclusive)
- Xenosaga HD Collection
- Sly Cooper 5

I was proud to be in your Knack Army Verendus

200_s.gif

I'm wondering if that JRPG Sony exclusive that's been rumoured in here may be the Level 5 announcement. Maybe another Bloodborbe type situation where it's co developed by Studio Japan?

2thepoint

- Xenosaga HD Collection
- Sly Cooper 5

200_s.gif

I pray he wasn't trolling by referring to the Final Fantasy VIII port coming later this year to PS4.

Is the Knack avatar thing started by Verendus over, Juan?

Verendus will surely start another, if it is haha.

I pray he wasn't trolling by referring to the Final Fantasy VIII port coming later this year to PS4.

Yeah the Knack Avatar Bet is over. We are free now ^^

He said he will do another bet around the time before the e3....So prepare yourself

Barlog began working on GOW4 since August 2013?

Wow.. We will definitively see a trailer this E3.

My prediction:

GOW Saga for PS4 this fall/winter, GOW4 summer/fall 2016.

Barlog began working on GOW4 since August 2013?

Wow.. We will definitively see a trailer this E3.

My prediction:

GOW Saga for PS4 this fall/winter, GOW4 summer/fall 2016.

I dont think full production started until they cancelled the new IP, and a mainline GOW game will probably take 3 years to make, im betting 2017.

Yeah the Knack Avatar Bet is over. We are free now ^^

He said he will do another bet around the time before the e3....So prepare yourself

It said April 1st? Here I am still serving with Hunter Knack.

We will never be free. We are now soldiers in Verendus' army. We are knack. We are more than brothers. We are more than console warriors. We are
The Last Guardians

I just want that new suikoden already

Pachimari

I want Sucker Punch to make a new platformed, now that Naughty Dog have apparently "grown up". At least we're getting Ratchet & Clank.

sn00zer

I want Sucker Punch to make a new platformed, now that Naughty Dog have apparently "grown up". At least we're getting Ratchet & Clank.

Sucker Punch can do whatever the hell they want...that engine is great...really curious what they are doing. I imagine its a new IP as they let infamous cool for a year or so.

2thepoint

Sucker Punch can do whatever the hell they want...that engine is great...really curious what they are doing. I imagine its a new IP as they let infamous cool for a year or so.

I second that - what a beautiful engine.

Cannot wait for another inFamous.

That was developed by Firesprite for SCEWW. Firesprite also developed some aspects of The Playroom for SCEWW.

Ah, I found the one I was thinking of: Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves.

Yeah Liquid, I think I overreacted a bit because I just feel like complacency is starting to creep up in WWS, and as a passionate Playstation fan for many years, I just want games to buy. It's that simple. I'm getting Bloodborne, Tearaway Unfolded, Ratchet Redux, and maybe Until Dawn because I love Heavy Rain-style games.

I'll cut you some slack but there's no evidence of any complacency. Sony's always had some off years, just look at 2012 where their AAA lineup mostly consisted of LBP Karting, PS All Stars, Starhawk and Twisted Metal. Yet Journey came out and it was awesome.

I dont think full production started until they cancelled the new IP, and a mainline GOW game will probably take 3 years to make, im betting 2017.

Yeah and let's not forget that it'll be their first PS4 game. I'd bet on March 2017, since God of War games always come out in March.

Sucker Punch should be ready to show off at e3 since there Dev time is about two years right?

2 years for inFamous 2, 3 for SS. It'll probably depend on what they're doing next and how ambitious they are.

IIRC correctly Verendus said that there were two JRPGs. One was something that he would call an action game but everyone calls a JRPG so he was calling it that and that it would completely melt the hardcore. That is a tremendously good description of Bloodborne. xD

He also said that Japan Studios were developing a massive FF-sized JRPG, but I think he emphasised that one was still early and may get cancelled.

Sucker Punch should be ready to show off at e3 since there Dev time is about two years right?

I doubt it. I think they'll be leaning closer to a 3 year dev cycle this time around. And don't forget that (for whatever reason) they cut a large portion of the studio (wasn't it around 40%, or about 30-odd staff?), and I think First Light was quite a big effort which probably took most of the team.

- Xenosaga HD Collection
- Sly Cooper 5

200_s.gif

2 ?

Also is that brawler game the one where he said it was like Powerstone....if so he was talking about the new JoJo game for PS3/4

Dazza

Titanfall iirc sold the most on Xbox One despite releasing on the 360 and PC. I'm confident that it'll be the same for TR.

I think it will too since it's a year later, but titanfall isn't the best comparison since it was delayed on the 360 and MS pretended it only existed on the Xbox One in all their marketing. Though I guess they could snub 360 users again with rott

Of course it will sell the most on Xbone. Last gen sales have well and truly nosedived; honestly it seems like a wasted effort on everyone's part to still be releasing last gen versions outside of the mega-massive or the casual, i.e. Just Dance, COD and FIFA.

- Xenosaga HD Collection
- Sly Cooper 5

200_s.gif

Maybe Agent isn't dead and buried? We got that tease in GTA V!

I highly doubt R* would make an exclusive for anyone at this point though.

Some Nobody

He said they had barely even started on that and that it would be a long time before we saw anything, so I'm thinking he meant a legitimate FF7 for PS4, but I wonder how well it'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom