• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Tap for Wii (Prope's game)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
TunaLover said:
If this has an music editor to play your mp3 files, I will buy it.

Yeah, then I could just play "Let's tap theme" on an infinite loop. I like your thinking.

Stitch

Gold Member
Lee N said:
14819902814854317ad7238762d3be36.jpg

???

so i guess this is kinda like paper sumo..?

neo2046

still no idea how to play after reading the article .........
(just know that you don't need to pick/hold the controller)

nint14.jpg

nint15.jpg

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20081002/nint.htm
 「ゲームを作り続けて25年。ついにコントローラを持たずに遊べるゲームを作ってしまいました(中裕司)」という強烈なメッセージが掲げられた謎のアクションゲームが、ついにベールを脱いだ。目の前には、空箱の上に真横に置かれたWiiリモコンがあるだけ。遊び方は、箱を指先などで軽く叩くだけ。その衝撃に反応して画面内のキャラクタがゴールめがけて走っていく。

ゲームは最大4人まで同時プレイが可能。コース上にはジャンプ台、ハードル、接触するとしびれる謎の物体、吊り天井など障害物が散在。空箱を指など素早く叩くほどキャラクタは加速していき、強く叩くとジャンプ。高さは叩いたときの強度によって変化する。センサーの感度はオプションで調節できるが、あまり感度を良くしたり、あるいは悪すぎても上手くいかないという。このあたりは、センサーを置く箱によって色々と変わってくるのかもしれない。ちなみに、パッケージには専用(?)の箱が付属。試遊台に置かれていたのはプロトタイプで、実際の製品とはデザインが異なるという。「空箱がふたつ付属。うーん……」とシュールさに若干悩んでしまったが、色々な意味で既に中氏の術中にハマっているのかもしれない。

ぶっちゃけてしまうと、ゲーム内容はとてもシンプル。直線状のコースをキャラクタが疾走し、障害物を越えていく。コロンブスの卵にも似た(もちろんいい意味で)ひねくれた発想から生まれた操作系には、すべてをねじ伏せるパワーが備わっている。原理やモチーフなど色々な事柄が脳内を駆け巡るが、ここまでソリッドかつ丁寧にまとめあげられてしまうと、もはや何もいえなくなる。悔しいけど、発想から完成形まで本当によく出来ている。12月発売予定で、価格は5,040円。

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I read the thread and was like "heh, the music can't be anything special and... :0".

Color me curious. If this has interesting and fun mini-games and is as wacky as WarioWare or Feel the Magic, I'll bite.

Opiate

This is the first time I've personally been impressed by a third parties' use of the Wii Remote. Or put more directly, the first time a third party has come up with a new way to interface with games before Nintendo did.

KingJ2002

looks fun... and the music reminds me of sega games of the 90's.

looks like a buy for me if it hits the states.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I like the music, can't get enough of electro basslines ATM. Graphics also look really nice. But do we really need another minigame collection in our lives?

Blablurn

exactly the game I imagined coming from prope. Could have that weird dreamcast-feel to it. And I loved that back in teh day.

Cosmozone

Haha, when you listen to the music while reading the thread, all the avatars seem dancing to it (even van Bommel). :) Oh well.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
DK Barrel Blast could have been done this way, at least as an option. Props to Naka on the innovation once again, this is the type of thinking Wii developers were supposed to have all along.

lordmrw

Ranger X said:
First game you probably can play by cockslapping.

I'm not sure if it's awesome.

Somewhere out there, a poster on 4chan is already planning to record and upload a video of that.

I think Lexington Steele would break the game.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo "borrowed" this idea for the future Donkey Kong Jungle Beat port :lol

Looking kinda cool, hope the game has substance, great music.

Gwanatu T

Kilrogg said:
LET'S TAP

FUTURE TAPPING GAME!

Hah this looks most excellent, what a novel idea. I hope it works as well as DK Jungle Beat. This music is killer. Absolutely amazing.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
the wiimote can really pick up that kind of movement? with enough accuracy to control a game?

huh. i'm skeptical, but definitely intrigued. could be really fun.

Let's tap, left tab, use your tapping game.
Let's tap, and let's tap! Chose your tapping game.
Let's tap, the tap! Future tapping game.

So...many...lyrics...being...heard.

Wow looks like the time away from Sega did Yuji Naka well, seems he's finally got his creative head on again. I wonder if the game is bundled with a free cardboard box! :lol

Edit: Damn beaten by one post!

Ha, I'm really liking Sega's work on the Wii this generation, they seem to be the only major Japanese third party that "gets it".

Why is there no thread about Artoon's Spawn Smasher?

Nice to see Yuji Naka's studio, and Naoto Oshima's studio each making a new IP for the Wii. And ironically Artoon's is published by Nintendo! :lol

It would be nice to see Artoon and Prope at least try to work together on one new IP.

Let's Tap and Spawn Smasher are interesting indeed. Spawn Smasher actually looks far more Sega-ish than Let's Tap, I actually thought Spawn Smasher WAS Let's Tap for that reason when I saw it in the montage! :lol

But the fact that it obviously uses the pointer and that the colors didn't match the blurred shots on the teaser site had me reconsidering my assumption.

So the Wii get's the "dynamic trio", an new Artoon IP, two new Prope IP's (Let's Tap for retail and Let's Catch for WiiWare), and of course, Sonic games including some exclusives! :D

Top Bottom