• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's vote for the Best trailer of all time

Which is the best trailer of all time?

• Mass Effect 2 Launch Trailer

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • AC Revelations Cinematic E3 Trailer

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Nintendo Switch Presentation

Votes: 29 16.0%
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty - E3 2000 Trailer

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty -TGS 2001 TRAILER

• Dead Space Launch Trailer

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Final Fantasy XIII 2006 Trailer

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Dead Island Official Announcement Trailer

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Cyberpunk Teaser Trailer - 2013

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Japanese Ver. Trailer

• Gears of War Mad World

Votes: 39 21.5%
  • Skyrim Official Trailer

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Duke Nukem Forever Trailer

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Trailer #2

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Final Fantasy VII E3 2015 Trailer

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution Cinematic Trailer

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Zelda Twilight Princess Reveal Trailer

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Halo 3 First Announcement Trailer - E3 2006

Votes: 6 3.3%

• Total voters

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty - E3 2000 Trailer

That shit sent chill's down your spine, everything about it was mind-blowing.
People would line up just to rewatch it

Last edited:

DeaconOfTheDank

Gold Member
Shit, I've got my own YT playlist specially made for topics like this.

Personally, I watch this playlist whenever I prepare a bowl in the evening. Hypes me up for the gaming session to follow.

Some of my personal favorites (barring what people have already posted):

intbal

I think we have this same thread twice a year. Whatever. People like trailers.

I've got two favorites.

Fable

The Last Night

intbal

Outside of my own choices, which probably aren't popular enough to get much love, I'll throw my support behind The Witcher 2 trailer and the Duke Nukem Forever trailer.

carlosrox

Banned
Why is the "Japanese version of the trailer" separate from the "Switch Presentation Trailer" when the only trailer they showed at that Switch Presentation was the Japanese one?

If you were watching it live then that's the version you saw. That's the version we were all meant to see first.

If anything they should be combined, but really the English version should be removed since the JP version is not only 10x better, but the one they showed to the world that day.

Erdrick

Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty - E3 2000 Trailer

That shit sent chill's down your spine, everything about it was mind-blowing.
People would line up just to rewatch it

Absolutely this. Hell, I still got chills watching it for the first time in probably over a decade just now. Mixed with a ton of nostalgia that wasn't present when the game was upcoming, naturally. The hype for that game alone was unlike anything I've seen before or since.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
This is the greatest game trailer of all time. But props to Skyrim's E3 trailer for getting me to buy a real gaming system.

fart town usa

Gold Member
For me, RE7 comes to mind. Just because it completely tricked me, it probably tricked a lot of people. I remember watching it live and the whole time I was thinking, "this looks pretty cool, kind of like a Silent Hill type vibe...Oh 7, that's a weird name....HOLY SHIT IT'S RESIDENT EVIL!!!!" lol.

GymWolf

mgs2 first trailer for me.

I watched that damn thing in vhs (it was gifted with a magazine) like 100 times...

martino

with too vote i chose :
zelda botw for the balance of everything in it
skyrim as second choice of another trailer with good balance of everything in it
with two more vote i would have picked cgi ones :
mad world and ac revelation

of course they are already in the list (not surprising)

Last edited:

Rran

BotW's 2017 trailer was really something else. As a lifelong Zelda fan I still get chills watching it. Shame the story didn't live up to the incredible flow of that trailer, but I still loved the game overall, so there's that.

Twilight Princess's E3 2005 trailer is a pretty underrated one as well. Not as immediately jaw-dropping and iconic as the first, but showcases a lot more variety and features a beautiful orchestrated Zelda medley as well.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
How could this not be #1

Agreed, although I had a hard time picking between this and Skyrim.

I'm more of a TES fan than Gears (although I love Gears too) but as excellent as the music is in all TES games, Mad World is what put Gears over the top for me. Love that song and it's so perfect with the excellent Gears trailer.

Last edited:
:cool: As much as I enjoyed Halo 3's announcement trailers, I still think Halo 2's trailer is infinitely better; and a list without its inclusion is invalid. For the record, my use of the word, "infinitely" is not meant to be a reference to the next Halo lol.

Shut0wen

For me the best trailers that i remember was mad world for gears of war and also dead island trailer which was pretty emotional last i remember seeing it, shame the game was nothing like that haha

Mirumi

Neo Member
For me it would definite be

The overall tone just really fits the narrative of the story, and quite possibly one of the best PS3 games that needs a remaster

That MGS 2 Sons of Liberty from E3 2000 sold two PS2 consoles and two copies of the game to people I knew back in the day. So impressive for the year it appeared that it should run away with this vote.

Stuart360

I think the problem with this kind of question is that you are going to be biased towards trailers for games you love, i mean its human nature.

Having said that, i honestly think the official trailers for Skyrim and Fallout 4 are 2 of the best videogame trailers ever. They are like mega budget summer movie trailers.

EruditeHobo

GTA San Andreas dominates most of these, IMO.

But I must admit the MGS2 and WotLK are both good shouts.
WC3 and original WoW also pretty stellar candidates.
And some of Square's original TV ads for FF7.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
Breath of the Wild, the japanese version.
Because the LatAm Spanish version wasn't an option.

And Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
Because Michael McCann is a god and Deus Ex is cursed for all eternity to being the apex of Cyberpunk RPG experiences.

Last edited:

manfestival

Came here to post the Mass Effect 2 Launch Trailer. It will likely be my forever favorite. I remember being hyped to the moon for the game and then this commercial appeared during the superbowl and just being floored by it. We sure do need another game series in line kinda like how Mass Effect was. PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Top Bottom