• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5 announces brand new game in Tokyo today

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Hino unveiled Level 5's brand new game today at a conference in Tokyo. The title of the game is "Professor Layton and the Mysterious Village" for the Nintendo DS.

Edit to add details to first post: Okay, the producer and planning for the game is undertaken by Hino, as usual. But the game's directing supervisor is Akira Tago, an author of best selling brain teasing puzzles in Japan. The game itself is an adventure game where an english gentleman named Professor Reiton (Leyton?) and his young assistant Luke solve puzzles together in a heart-warming atmosphere. This is the first game that Level 5 will be publishing themselves.

Edit2 for pics and website details:

Official Site: http://www.layton.jp
Level 5 Site: http://www.level5.co.jp/products/layton/index.html

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
A DS GAME???!?!
alb2hw3cv5.gif

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Oh shit, even Level 5 is making a DS game.
Hope it's not a non-game.

Let me guess this time you are flying bumble bees and have to polinate flowers to create a great ecosystem that evolves into a lucid delight!

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Jonnyram said:
Adventure game.
And it's the first self-published Level 5 game.

wow,sony break confirmed? :lol ,but seriously isn`t doing that cost lots of money? do they have that kind of capital?.

PkunkFury

awesome news!

now where are the Western Graphic Adventure games??? It seems Japan is at least willing to try. Is anyone from Lucasarts reading this??

duckroll

Okay, the producer and planning for the game is undertaken by Hino, as usual. But the game's directing supervisor is Akira Tago, an author of best selling brain teasing puzzles in Japan. The game itself is an adventure game where an english gentleman named Professor Reiton (Leyton?) and his young assistant Luke solve puzzles together in a heart-warming atmosphere. This is the first game that Level 5 will be publishing themselves.

Bebpo

Banned
Awesome!

Just please be a real game and not a stock exchange sim. Also please be better than Jeanne, because the battles in that look zZZZZzz.

Amir0x

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Adventure game.
And it's the first self-published Level 5 game.

Well, er, i guess...that might be cool. Gotta see it to decide, Level 5 doesn't typically make adventure games soo...

duckroll said:
But the game's directing supervisor is Akira Tago, an author of best selling brain teasing puzzles in Japan.

MINUS 1,000,000,000 INTEREST POINTS

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
Okay, the producer and planning for the game is undertaken by Hino, as usual. But the game's directing supervisor is Akira Tago, an author of best selling brain teasing puzzles in Japan. The game itself is an adventure game where an english gentleman named Professor Reiton (Leyton?) and his young assistant Luke solve puzzles together in a heart-warming atmosphere. This is the first game that Level 5 will be publishing themselves.
Non-game + game = this? Okay, could be good, unless it's just like brain training puzzles.

Mrbob

duckroll said:

OH gawd. First Level 5 game I'm completely uninterested in.

Well its their first self published title ftw. :/

Beezy

duckroll said:
The game itself is an adventure game where an english gentleman named Professor Reiton (Leyton?) and his young assistant Luke solve puzzles together in a heart-warming atmosphere.

gheyfight.gif

castle007

Banned
:D :D :D

awesome news

Edit:

The game itself is an adventure game where an english gentleman named Professor Reiton (Leyton?) and his young assistant Luke solve puzzles together in a heart-warming atmosphere. This is the first game that Level 5 will be publishing themselves.

wait... :lol :lol :lol

Did they show any screens??? Is it 2d or 3d???

ethelred

Well... eh.

There definitely IS a need for more adventure games out there, but still... I'd rather a new L5 game be an RPG, since that's what they're so awesome at.

Regardless, cool news. Looking forward to hearing/seeing more.

jj984jj said:
Non-game + game = this? Okay, could be good, unless it's just like brain training puzzles.

Where's the non-game come in it? A guy who makes a living designing puzzles would seem like a good choice for an adventure game, seeing how puzzle-driven they usually are. Are even adventure games getting called non-games now?

Awesome. Not enough good adventure games on the DS in any case. Really a genre that is lacking on a system that so calls for its implimentation. :)

duckroll said:
he game itself is an adventure game where an english gentleman named Professor Reiton (Leyton?) and his young assistant Luke solve puzzles together in a heart-warming atmosphere.
Oh dear. *goes back to playing Silent Hill to wash the taste of the news out of his mouth*

I was hoping for Dragon Quest IX

So, let's see, now there's four RPG's they're making? (If you include the add-on stuff to Rogue Galaxy).

Hopefully it all stays good....AND HOPEFULLY ANOTHER TITLE IS DRAGON QUEST IX :D

Jonnyram

I don't know what this talk of a Sony break or lack of it is even doing here.
They are not part of Sony.

Remember TFLO and DQ8?
Level 5 is an independent developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom