• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5 Vision 2009 confirmed - 25th Aug, 3 new titles

king zell

level.jpg

http://www.level5.co.jp/vision2009/index.html

we need a release date for the another world DS :)

duckroll

Erm, that says that this year's Level 5 Vision 2009 has been confirmed, but that there will be new information about it next week. It's not happening next week, they'll probably announce when and where it will be held next week. :p

wrowa

Hopefully it will be better than last year. It was kind of boring since we knew all announcements already :p

Eh, actually I doubt we will see many new announcements. They still have to release most of the bigger games they announced last year.

duckroll

wrowa said:
Hopefully it will be better than last year. It was kind of boring since we knew all announcements already :p

Maybe this year they'll schedule it on a Monday or Tuesday instead. Not that I expect there to be a ton of announcements either, since if you think about it..... ALL the stuff they announced last year hasn't even been released yet. The only one which even has a goddamn date is Inazuma Eleven 2. :p

neo2046

I really want some surprise announcement from Level 5, :D
even there are still some announced titles not released yet

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Shadow780 said:
Dark Cloud 3, can it happen?
I would imagine that they will keep the attention on their self published games - so layton, inazuma, ushiro, another world etc.they will also probably announce on which home console inazuma 11 break will be released on.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Shadow780 said:
What is that cardboard war game on PSP called? That looks interesting.

Buy new models for you robot and battle against other toy robots.

dambole_9.jpg
dambole_12.jpg

Ushiro and Cardboard Senki release dates hopefully. Amazing looking PSP games, and hope to hear about the western release plans for them soon after japanese release announcements.

wrowa

Shadow780 said:
Dark Cloud 3, can it happen?
Unlikely. If they're developing it it will probably be Sony who unveils the game.

Do you guys think it's possible they will mention a new Dragon Quest? For sure, ther is no way in hell they will show or announce a new DQ (that's SE's business), but what about a line like "We succesfully developed DQVIII and DQIX and we will also be the developer of DQX"?

Septimus

A Dark Cloud announcement would be awesome (though unlikely). I'd be happy with more info on Ushiro and the Miyazaki game.

wrowa

duckroll said:
Maybe this year they'll schedule it on a Monday or Tuesday instead. Not that I expect there to be a ton of announcements either, since if you think about it..... ALL the stuff they announced last year hasn't even been released yet. The only one which even has a goddamn date is Inazuma Eleven 2. :p
Stealth edit ftw :p

I still wonder why they scheduled it on a Friday last year. They're not stupid, they know that the Famitsu leaks every week. Maybe it was a deal between L5 and Famistu? "We will have a huge coverage about your games if you announce them on the same day the Famitsu gets released".

schuelma said:
Maybe some news on Inazuma Eleven Break.
That should be a given unless they canceled it or decided to change the plattform or whatever.

GhaleonQ

I didn't care about Level-5 until last year. Remind me, were these announcements Japan-specific? Did American information for announcements come out during or shortly after this?

Basically, I want to know if we'll get Inazuma 11 1.

GhaleonQ

Hobbun said:
No love for Dragon Quest VIII? Dark Cloud 2? Professor Layton?

2nd least favorite Dragon Quest (although I only like 3 of them a lot), played before Shiren converted me on dungeon crawlers this winter (so I should try the series again), realized a month before release that it was not what I thought it was going to be and was hugely disappointed (when I played a friend's copy).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
inner-G said:
Dark Cloud PS3,
Dark Cloud PS3,
Dark Cloud PS3,
Dark Cloud PS3,...

...and so forth

This is a Level-5 event..I really doubt we would see anything except Level 5 IP's.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
inner-G said:
Dark Cloud PS3,
Dark Cloud PS3,
Dark Cloud PS3,
Dark Cloud PS3,...

...and so forth

IIRC, they didn't show WKC at last year's event, so don't expect Dark Cloud or anything like that.

GhaleonQ

Hm, the topic from last year didn't have games that were announced for here at the time, so I guess we aren't getting American dates. The Another World was confirmed quite a while afterward.

*sigh* XSEED, DELIVER US.

-L5 said that a new Rogue Galaxy would come before a new Dark Cloud
-they REALLY want to do a PS3 RG, and REALLY want to do DC3
-Sony owns the RG and DC ip's
thus
-as said before, since they would be Sony-published games, they probably wouldn't be unveiled at an L5 event (unless anyone can point to instances where Nintendo/MS/etc published games were unveiled at previous L5 events)

It's kind of hard for me to get excited about this since as far as I can tell pretty much every exciting Level 5 game already announced is as yet unconfirmed for US release. :-/

Does it seem like there's room for L5 to actually announce stuff here? It seems like they already have a ton of announced but unreleased titles on their plate...

duckroll

I suspect a big part of this year's Level 5 Vision could be dedicated to ROID. If that's the case, it's pretty hard to care since that's Level 5's own digital delivery platform in Japan, and it's currently only cellphone specific. Maybe they'll announce plans to roll out the PC portion of it, as well as shed more like on what sort of gaming lineup to expect on it.

near

Gold Member
schuelma said:
This is a Level-5 event..I really doubt we would see anything except Level 5 IP's.

At last years conference they touched upon DQIX and WKC. I think there is room for announcements outside Level-5 IPs. Did Level-5 detail last year what Level-5 Vision is all about? I can't remember, but it looks like to me that it's just an event forecasting the future of Level-5 and what direction they'll be heading, not something that is going to be exclusive to certain projects or aspects of Level-5.

I don't really expect to see announcements outside of release dates/updates on previous announcements, ROID details, and maybe a small and hardly relevant announcement.

Gilgamesh

Someone needs to pick up Ushiro for NA release, that game looks cool. Atlus publishing it would be amusing considering it looks to play off a lot of SMT's aesthetic.

jiggle

can't wait :D

Dark Cloud 3 in any form would be great

wonder if Hino, after commenting on the leaks last year, can keep things under wrap this time.

jiggle said:
wonder if Hino, after commenting on the leaks last year, can keep things under wrap this time.

How were they leaks? They were in Famitsu, which meant Level 5 had to give them the media and info that they had.

jiggle

SolidSnakex said:
How were they leaks? They were in Famitsu, which meant Level 5 had to give them the media and info that they had.

He wasn't expecting the photos to make it online 2-3 days before Famitsu officially come out?

duckroll said:
Erm, that says that this year's Level 5 Vision 2009 has been confirmed, but that there will be new information about it next week. It's not happening next week, they'll probably announce when and where it will be held next week. :p
Annoncement of anouncement of annonccements. :/

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
wrowa said:
Unlikely. If they're developing it it will probably be Sony who unveils the game.

Do you guys think it's possible they will mention a new Dragon Quest? For sure, ther is no way in hell they will show or announce a new DQ (that's SE's business), but what about a line like "We succesfully developed DQVIII and DQIX and we will also be the developer of DQX"?
Unlikely. If they're developing it it will probably be Square-Enix who unveils that fact.

I still find it odd no publisher in the west has sown interest in localizing the first Inazuma Eleven game. Any who I think the sequels are cool, time to import first game then.

Hobbun said:
No love for Dragon Quest VIII? Dark Cloud 2? Professor Layton?

DC 2 is quite nice for about 60% of the game, but it becomes simply bad near the end (or 2/3rds through?), and overall it's not at all better than Rogue Galaxy, which is mostly considered total crap (although yeah, it does have quite a few crappy parts). I just don't understand this (I mean all the DC2 love in this thread, not really this post hehe).

I was just thinking to myself the other day, 'what's up with all those Level5 games?'

I'm definitely interested in seeing where The Another World and Ushiro are now.

jesusraz

Urban Scholar said:
I still find it odd no publisher in the west has sown interest in localizing the first Inazuma Eleven game. Any who I think the sequels are cool, time to import first game then.
I'd say it's because Nintendo has told 3rd Party Pubs to keep their hands off. It's why Etrian Odyssey took so long to come to Europe and why Prof. Layton was slow to come abroad as well. Nintendo will likely bring it over...but sometime in 2010.

Yeah there's two PSP games in development
Cardboard Senki - which has been in Famitsu a couple of times lately (and this week i think) and Ushiro, which hasn't had any new media since its first trailer, i'm guessing the former is set for 09 and Ushiro pushed to 2010

Top Bottom