• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5 Vision 2009 confirmed - 25th Aug, 3 new titles

duckroll

I honestly can't see anything else coming out this year aside for maybe Another World. Inazuma Eleven 2 is due Oct 1st. It makes no sense for Level 5 to publish another 2 major releases within the next two months. Another World might be right for a Dec release, and could sell really well, but that's about it. Another thing to note is that both their PSP games are also slated for "mobile" release. Aka: ROID.

radcliff

Isn't Another World supposed to come out on another, unannounced system? Maybe that system will be revealed at the event?

duckroll

Uh oh, I just checked. Level 5 STILL fucked up, lolz. The first issue of Famitsu to be moved to a Thursday will be the Aug 20th issue. Which means on the week of Level 5 Vision, Famitsu will be out on Thursday, and leaked on Tuesday. Since their conference starts at 7pm in Japan, by then everyone will already know what's being announced. :lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
bttb said:
http://www.level5.co.jp/vision2009/index.html

Level 5 Vision 2009
Date: 2009.08.25

Lineup
Ni no Kuni
Professor Layton and the Devil's Flute
Professor Layton and the Eternal Songstress
Inazuma Eleven 2
Roid
Danboru Senki
New Project TBA
New Project TBA
New Project TBA

three new games , interesting .

radcliff said:
Isn't Another World supposed to come out on another, unannounced system? Maybe that system will be revealed at the event?

Nintendo DS

duckroll

Totobeni said:
Nintendo DS

No, he means the console version of the game, which has already been announced. Just like Inazuma Eleven Break is a console game and has been announced. Both have no officially announced platforms yet.

Spiegel

Ushiro... :/

The three surprising games better not be Ushiro, Inazuma Eleven Break and Ninokuni console version.
That'd be lame.

kenta

Has no PEINS
bttb said:
Danboru Senki (PSP)
Is this the cardboard robot building game? For some reason I thought this had already been released.

The trailer looked awesome, can't wait to see if it gets localized

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
duckroll said:
No, he means the console version of the game, which has already been announced. Just like Inazuma Eleven Break is a console game and has been announced. Both have no officially announced platforms yet.

Level-5 consoles games ...uh .

I srsly didn't know that , I thought they will focus on handheld , ya know the platforms where they made good games , when will they ever learn

DevilWillcry said:
Dark Cloud 3 incoming.

Sony should hire another developer for this , Level-5 are very busy with their own stuff right now .

duckroll

It's entirely possible that the "known titles" are the ones they are giving much more details about, because they might have a release date/window at the conference. The 3 new titles will be new announcements. That doesn't mean everything else has been canned, it might just mean they don't have a big role in the conference because they're due some time later.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
How many employees does Level 5 have? That's a lot of projects

Oh and Spiegel I would assume Inazuma Eleven Break is probably one of the unannounced projects.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Near said:
But it's already been announced.

IIRC a brief trailer was shown last year, but I don't think you can say it has been "officially" announced. Maybe I'm wrong..and if I am, I'm guessing it has either been cancelled or moved to another platform.

near

Gold Member
schuelma said:
IIRC a brief trailer was shown last year, but I don't think you can say it has been "officially" announced. Maybe I'm wrong..and if I am, I'm guessing it has either been cancelled or moved to another platform.

A platform wasn't announced, but it was still at last years Level 5 Vision I'd say that's an announcement.

wrowa

They're really milking the Layton franchise, huh? I wonder how long it will take until the interest in the series is gone...

Die Squirrel Die said:
No Ushiro? Unless they flubbed and Ushiro is one of the new projects.
No Ushiro would be an epic fail :| Together with Another World the most interesting Level 5 game imo.

Excellent. I'm really liking the fact that Level-5 are getting more well known and can self publish titles. As for the new TBA titles, I think they'll be ones Level-5 are self publishing, like the games they spoke about last year. TGS should be interesting. I've been waiting for a particular announcement from them for quite a while.

I really wish that their localisation process would be quicker though. The wait for WKC in the EU is really annoying, and I waited ages for Professor Layton and the curious village. I don't know how the localisation process works. Do they outsource loads of it?

duckroll

Galvanise_ said:
I really wish that their localisation process would be quicker though. The wait for WKC in the EU is really annoying, and I waited ages for Professor Layton and the curious village. I don't know how the localisation process works. Do they outsource loads of it?

I'm pretty sure they work on the localizations internally. It explains why their titles tend to take longer to be released overseas, because they generally have a load of projects going on at any given time.

Stumpokapow said:
i wish they'd take a break from announcing titles and get around to releasing them.
This. And get around releasing "overseas" versions too.

From the list, Sloane and McHale 2 is also missing (although it comes out like a week after the event).

Level-5 is just too small to manage all the stuff they want, either they start focusing a little or the situation will continue to suck as much or even more than right now, which sucks a lot.

duckroll

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Level-5 is just too small to manage all the stuff they want, either they start focusing a little or the situation will continue to suck as much or even more than right now, which sucks a lot.

I don't really agree with this. If you mean sucks as in "damn they have all these titles announced but I can't play them and I have to bitch about it on a forum instead!" then sure. But in terms of being a publishing and development business, Level 5 is hitting all the right notes. They're expanding at a brisk rate, and all their IPs are doing well. Even with the delays for overseas releases, it doesn't seem to have a huge impact on the sales. After all Layton 1 is *still* selling well in the US.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Galvanise_ said:
Excellent. I'm really liking the fact that Level-5 are getting more well known and can self publish titles. As for the new TBA titles, I think they'll be ones Level-5 are self publishing, like the games they spoke about last year. TGS should be interesting. I've been waiting for a particular announcement from them for quite a while.

DC3?

biocat

I entered to get an invitation to the event. Looks like I'll be notified the beginning of August if I get in.

Wish me luck!

duckroll said:
I'm pretty sure they work on the localizations internally. It explains why their titles tend to take longer to be released overseas, because they generally have a load of projects going on at any given time.

Cool, thanks for that. WKC is taking longer because westeners demand Voice Chat and more online features.
Does anyone know how many people are employed there? I'd imagine it must be quite a lot because of the number of teams they have. The PS3 team alone must be rather large.

idlewild_

hm, if they have 3 new titles to announce on top of the ones they're already developing...i'm guessing that they're probably not handling DQX, don't see how they can juggle that many projects with 205 employees.

Kagari said:

Yeah. I'd also like a Jeanne d'Arc sequel at some point. I found that to be very refreshing. Sony would publish that though, so thats not going to be one of those TBA's even if it is in development.

duckroll said:
I don't really agree with this. If you mean sucks as in "damn they have all these titles announced but I can't play them and I have to bitch about it on a forum instead!" then sure. But in terms of being a publishing and development business, Level 5 is hitting all the right notes. They're expanding at a brisk rate, and all their IPs are doing well. Even with the delays for overseas releases, it doesn't seem to have a huge impact on the sales. After all Layton 1 is *still* selling well in the US.
The actual outcome is still good for them sure, but not for us (and I doubt it'd be worse for them if it improved for us). There's always something with their games (DQ8, DQ9, Rogue Galaxy, WKC, Layton, Inazuma, PSP ones...), outside the japanese Layton releases, it seems they are totally incapable of getting their games out on a regular, planned basis, specially worldwide.

Even if they still do good, its a 'quiero y no puedo' situation (which I don't know how it translates into english but it should be something 'I want but I can't") with their lineup. Thus why I'd like them to focus on what's left to localize and release from their already announced or released games rather than hearing about 3 more new games like they aren't behind schedule enough already.

near

Gold Member
idlewild_ said:
hm, if they have 3 new titles to announce on top of the ones they're already developing...i'm guessing that they're probably not handling DQX, don't see how they can juggle that many projects with 205 employees.

The size and scale of some of there projects don't seem all too demanding in my opinion. Most are on portables and are sequels; which would help since the framework would be already be in place. Also considering tentative release dates announced, I'd imagine they've had the majority of the titles in development for quite sometime, which would allow the company and staff to simultaneously work on other things. That said, I'm still not expecting 3 new games. :p

KtSlime

I'd really like to find out about Cardboard Senki, and Ushiro, I've been waiting for those games for a long time.

I'm surprised Sony hasn't contracted Level-5 to make more console games, now that they have the engine down. By this time they already had two PS2 games out for Sony, were most of the way finished with DQ8, and were starting on Rogue Galaxy.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ivedoneyourmom said:
I'd really like to find out about Cardboard Senki, and Ushiro, I've been waiting for those games for a long time.

I'm surprised Sony hasn't contracted Level-5 to make more console games, now that they have the engine down. By this time they already had two PS2 games out for Sony, were most of the way finished with DQ8, and were starting on Rogue Galaxy.

Rumor is they're already working on their next PS3 game. But you probably won't see it until TGS.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Thought Dark Cloud 2 was pretty addicting, albeit it tended to drag as you got farther through the game, and the story was pretty silly. I am a sucker for the whole village-creation element, the ARPG+town creation reminded me of something like a modern-day Quintet game.

Wish we got Inazuma Eleven over in the US, even though we stereotypically hate soccer and don't care about RPGs over here.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
djtiesto said:
Wish we got Inazuma Eleven over in the US, even though we stereotypically hate soccer and don't care about RPGs over here.
Boggles the mind why it wasn't aggressively approached for a European release though. It's such brilliant fun in a simple way.

Awntawn

Kagari said:
Rumor is they're already working on their next PS3 game. But you probably won't see it until TGS.
Wasn't WKC2 said to be greenlighted awhile back by Sony? I'm sure Level 5 wants to finish it, considering the fact that they only bothered telling half of a damn story ;/

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
speedpop said:
Boggles the mind why it wasn't aggressively approached for a European release though. It's such brilliant fun in a simple way.
Maybe Inazuma Eleven Break made publishers hesitant, why localize/push a new IP when a supposed remake's been announced? I don't think it matters much to Level 5, they might be involved in localization of their games but at the end of the day they aren't the publisher outside of Japan, they're concentrating on pushing their IPs in Japan.

batbeg

Inazuma 11 not being localized is probably my biggest WTF localization decision this generation thus far, above the US not getting Disaster, lack of Soma Bringer, or Fatal Frame IV, or anything. It just seems like it would be insanely successful here in Europe and yet... nothing. God damn.

Anyway, I'm really most excited for Another World and Cardboard Senki, so I'm happy to see they'll be appearing. Though with the previously mentioned Inazuma 11, I am terrified about the games even being localized.

Seriously. Where the hell are Nintendo, or Atlus, or XSEED, or Ignition, or fucking anyone on this?

KtSlime

Inazuma Eleven, woo. I love watching it on TV every friday. I die a little every time I walk to the Gamestop downstairs and don't see it with the rest of the DS games. Why oh why must America not get all the awesome things Japan does? I thought we were supposed to be the center of the universe and get everything(Yeah, right).

Lucis

Awntawn said:
Wasn't WKC2 said to be greenlighted awhile back by Sony? I'm sure Level 5 wants to finish it, considering the fact that they only bothered telling half of a damn story ;/

by half you mean 1/5

i'm pretty sure wkc2 will be one of the TBA game

Top Bottom