• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LG C2 vs C1 OLED Comparison - 12 Differences You NEED To Know!

DJTaurus

More epic reviews for the huge leap of QD-OLED……expect more LG OLED price drops. It’s just can’t compete…. QD-OLED tech is much brighter,accurate and colourful! It’s no coincidence that Sony choose QD-OLED for their top tier dog.

Comparison between the C1 48 inch and the 50 inch QN90B:

I don't know wtf Samsung do but they absolutely butcher the brightness and colours in game mode. It's something I've also experienced with the Q70r that I'll be replacing for the rig.
I have the 65Q70R and you do need to fix the default blown out brightness and colors in Game Mode. Fortunately you can make the Game Mode look almost like the Cinema Mode minus the 20-point White Balance settings which are disabled in Game Mode. If you leave it on default, the Game Mode looks as awful as the Standard Mode.

I'm pretty excited about the Samsung QD-OLED but I want to see someone try to test burn-in before I really think about it. I don't replace my TV every 2 years like a phone so long term screen survival matters to me. I've had this 65Q70R for some time now and I like the picture quality, the motion clarity, the low input lag, and the HDR on it. However it pre-dates HDMI 2.1 and only support 1440p/120 so I would need to buy a new TV just to get 4K/120 support which is a little annoying to me even though 120hz is so much nicer than 60hz.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Gold Member
HDTVtest says that but he is probably technically right…

But the reality in terms of IQ and motion BFI 60Hz + HDR is basically perfection on CX.
Just try yourself.

The flickering is not noticeable in games the HDR basically cover all the drop in brightness generated by BFI (after all it inject black frames).

Sadly BFI 120Hz doesn’t work with HDR so it is useless.

PS. If you have a LOG OLED and it is not using BFI for 60 or 30 fps games you are doing it wrong.

How do I actually activate BFI ON MY CX lol, I'm sure it's greyed out. I guess I can't have it activated with freesync or VRR?

So happy to see the buzz around the new Samsung QD oled. Hopefully they add Dolby Vision in the future releases and I have a new TV to get in a couple of years. Samsung, Sony, LG or who ever.

Last edited:
How do I actually activate BFI ON MY CX lol, I'm sure it's greyed out. I guess I can't have it activated with freesync or VRR?
That's right.

Bfi is important so maybe just use regular vsync and reduce settings for smoother performance.

Fald lcd has it even worse with vrr... No bfi with vrr but also no local dimming.

Reactions: GHG

DenchDeckard

Gold Member
That's right.

Bfi is important so maybe just use regular vsync and reduce settings for smoother performance.

Fald lcd has it even worse with vrr... No bfi with vrr but also no local dimming.
Ouch I love my VRR, So I just need to set the xbox to 60 fps or can I leave it 120 then turn off freesync and VRR and then I turn on true motion? I'll give it a try and see if It makes a huge difference. I guess it won't affect the brightness etc too much?

anothertech

Waiting on Samsung QD-OLED before even thinking about buying a TV. Realistically I'll probably end up with a 2nd gen Samsung Neo QLED because I value being able to have HUD's and other static elements from games on my screen without worrying about burning them into my expensive TV.
Just buy c series or later. B series were the clunkers. CX is 👌

Just_one

Does anyone have a LG Oled 55 C1? whats the feedback?

i made some digging and it seems to be the best gaming tv right now,im really trying to convince my wife to go get one today or tomorrow (there´s a huge sale here(and it ends tomorrow) and its 600€ off the normal price with some LG hi-fi as a bonus)

should i really push her to go get it due to the sale price?

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Gold Member
Super dumb question, but what is BFI? I recently bought a C1 and have no idea what it is or what it does, is it good for gaming? What are the best settings for 60fps/120fps/30fps content if so?

Ulysses 31

Super dumb question, but what is BFI? I recently bought a C1 and have no idea what it is or what it does, is it good for gaming? What are the best settings for 60fps/120fps/30fps content if so?
Black Frame Insertion

It's for better motion clarity(less blur when turning/panning the camera).

ethomaz

Banned

So happy to see the buzz around the new Samsung QD oled. Hopefully they add Dolby Vision in the future releases and I have a new TV to get in a couple of years. Samsung, Sony, LG or who ever.
I’m not in from of my TV right now but it is called “OLED Motion Pro” or something close to that.

It only works with VRR disabled and you need to set manually your TV to Game Mode (works in PC mode too). For 120Hz content you lose the HDR option too but for 60Hz it allow HDR.

There are three options Low/Medium/High (I believe High only shows in 60Hz content).

There is a bug but a I never tried it that allow BFI 120Hz + VRR when using DolbyVision… I never tried so I can’t talk about it.

Edit - I believe High drops the brightness around 75% and the Low around 50%… so I don’t like BFI without HDR.
L

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
BFI is a feature that add a black frame between each frame is being displayed in your TV… that way it removes all the motion blur you have when watching it.

Due the frame being Black the brightness decrease.

BFI is the reason people loves CRT even today… on CRT it nativity add a Blank frame between the frames being show so the motion is king… so modern TVs tried to copy that feature but there is no Blank in modern TVs so they choose to copy it using Black that generate the issues people talk (drop in brightness, flicker, etc).

On CRT as it is a blank frame there is no drop in brightness or flicker.

DenchDeckard

Gold Member
Can't wait for real reviews and next generations of this TV. Please add Dolby Vision in next years models.

I'm not trusting anyone who says "I don't care if its accurate, it looks great"

Just give me real reviews.

DJTaurus

After C2 it murdered Sony A90J too.

DJTaurus

Side by side it makes LG C2 look like trash. Also in gaming it’s the best HDR they have ever seen. Just look Elden ring comparison…… it’s almost like playing a different game.

Spukc

Side by side it makes LG C2 look like trash. Also in gaming it’s the best HDR they have ever seen. Just look Elden ring comparison…… it’s almost like playing a different game.

The fact is lacks DV makes this trash
What an absolute waste of good tech

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

"LG plans to match Samsung's QD-OLED peak brightness with the addition of a microlens layer for next year's OLED.EX panels. This way, LG hopes to boost the brightness from ~900 nits up to 1500 nits and also improve energy efficiency, leading to reduced burn-in probability".

"LG Display showed off a 77" 8K panel that features what the company refers to as Meta-lit Lens Array, or MLA technology. The MLA layer increases light output by more than 20%, and the panel achieves a brightness of 2,000 nits. LGD says that the viewing angles is also increased using the MLA technology"

Looks like WRGB OLEDs ain't dead yet. I believe this tech is already on some high end OLED phone screens letting them hit 1500 nit mark.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

"LG plans to match Samsung's QD-OLED peak brightness with the addition of a microlens layer for next year's OLED.EX panels. This way, LG hopes to boost the brightness from ~900 nits up to 1500 nits and also improve energy efficiency, leading to reduced burn-in probability".

"LG Display showed off a 77" 8K panel that features what the company refers to as Meta-lit Lens Array, or MLA technology. The MLA layer increases light output by more than 20%, and the panel achieves a brightness of 2,000 nits. LGD says that the viewing angles is also increased using the MLA technology"

Looks like WRGB OLEDs ain't dead yet. I believe this tech is already on some high end OLED phone screens letting them hit 1500 nit mark.
Nice. Competition is good.

Top Bottom