• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LG starts a new trend: 2021 OLED lineup to feature a downgraded series with 60Hz panel, no VRR and HDMI 2.0 (A1 series)

Rickyiez

These will be great for movies and anime. Occasionally graphically marvel games too that is impossible to run higher than 4k 60fps

Hopefully the pricing out soon, I might actually get to experience OLED finally

Last edited:
These will be great for movies and anime. Occasionally graphically marvel games too that is impossible to run higher than 4k 60fps

LG A1 OLED pricing, release date and sizes​

The LG A1 OLED will be available starting in April for $1,599 / £1,399 (around AU$2,100) at a 55-inch size – though the smaller and cheaper 48-inch model will launch shortly after in June for just $1,299 / £1,099 (around AU$1,700). There's also a 65-inch size and 77-inch size, retailing for $2,199 / £2,099 (around AU$2,900) and $3,199 / £3,699 (around AU$4,200) respectively.

In the UK, the 77-inch size is available in April, but US shoppers will have to wait until June.

The pricing isn't quite what we expected, given the launch price for the 55-inch model is technically higher than last year's BX OLED, which was the cheapest 2020 LG OLED at $1,399 / £1,299 / AU$2,995 at 55 inches.

The 48-inch size does offer a low starting point, though it's not quite as competitive as some may have hoped, given the A Series is meant to undercut the B Series model.

There are more screen sizes for OLED releasing this year, of course, with a new 83-inch size that will come to the LG C1, though not the A1 at present. We've heard from LG Display – the panel supplier for LG Electronics' OLED televisions – that a new 42-inch OLED is on its way too, though it's yet to be confirmed for any specific 2021 TVs.
I already posted prices for the German market and how it compares to the CX.
Current A1 prices
Bildschirmfoto-2021-05-14-um-13-40-41.png

Current CX prices
Bildschirmfoto-2021-05-14-um-13-43-05.png

In short: you'd be a moron to buy an A1 when you can get the CX for less, unless you really want that 77".

The Alien

Banned
To be clear, this is an OLED entry point option for the more budget minded. Which is fine.

I'll take all the bells and whistles to pair an OLED with a Series X.

dotnotbot

Only if it can switch to 48 Hz for 24 Hz content. I had Panasonic HZ980 OLED for a moment and everything in 24 Hz had 3:2 pulldown applied resulting in telecine judder. Panasonic claims that HZ980 has 50/60 Hz panel.

Rtings tests TVs for telecine judder and they just bought LG A1 so I guess we will know soon.

Last edited:

00_Zer0

48" is perfectly fine on desk. Just takes 2-3 days to get used to it. Best choice ever :p
I have the 48 inch LG CX and it's great. I just want to find a stand or cart that allows this 200 x 300 vesa to go into Tate/portrait mode or landscape without taking the tv off the cart/stand itself. There are plenty of portrait to landscape stands but none that accept LG CX 200 x 300 vesa measurements.

I have a Vivo stand that allows 200 x 200 that easily swivels from portrait to landscape that has my cheap TCL 4K 60hz TV hooked up to it and it works great.

The stand I have for the CX won't go into portrait mode unless you take the tv off the stand and reposition it that way on the stand. It doesn't freely allow you to swivel between the two positions. That's why I was hoping for a new stand to come along or a new tv with 4k/120 hz/vrr/ and HDMI 2.1 that might be 42 inches that might fit on my Vivo stand. I'm trying not to go as small as 32 inch monitor.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
48" is perfectly fine on desk. Just takes 2-3 days to get used to it. Best choice ever :p
hell no i tried 43 and it was dumb as hell.

also

besides the stupid size it's hands down the best display imo .. i have the 65 c9 and i wish i could replace my pc monitor

Last edited:
Top Bottom