• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT| This week's thread is sponsored by the letter...

Zeroing

Banned
Damn stupid Spanish song playing everywhere : "Booty hypnotic, make you want more, more, more, more, more"

7TM5td4.gif
5zVT0xy.gif
kDyCorf.gif

Zeroing

Banned
i love this!

“Hi gay, happy pride month, we’re shashay away with deals! This month at the butter shop we are making some deals, if you can prove you’re queer, you’ll get three points off your choice of creamed, checked, or drowned butter. We love gay, it’s awesome! We been making butter since 1945 and we’ve been accepting all people since the last 4 months! So yeah, we are gagging for you to come! “

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Omg so much hypocrisy!!! Ahaha
I view it as the opposite of hypocrisy. Elon has the balls to call other corporations out on their virtue signaling while also making sure his company respects individual freedoms and liberties. Hypocrisy would be a company that puts pride flags everywhere then doesn’t make that list.

Think about it man.

Meicyn

Gold Member
AT&T donates money to lawmakers who oppose LGBT rights. But hey, they made a post on Twitter about Pride Month so hey, they’re an ally!

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
AT&T donates money to lawmakers who oppose LGBT rights. But hey, they made a post on Twitter about Pride Month so hey, they’re an ally!

The amounts of money that site lists the companies having donated is so miniscule in comparison to their size, I find it hard to draw the conclusion the site wants me to.

Zeroing

Banned
I view it as the opposite of hypocrisy. Elon has the balls to call other corporations out on their virtue signaling while also making sure his company respects individual freedoms and liberties. Hypocrisy would be a company that puts pride flags everywhere then doesn’t make that list.

Think about it man.
Can’t think… too busy at the beach checking all the guy’s bums!

Zeroing

Banned

Ugh that’s terrible

Turnt

Think about it man.
His company has engaged in the exact sort of thing he’s talking about. So is he himself not a hypocritie?

Meicyn

Gold Member
The amounts of money that site lists the companies having donated is so miniscule in comparison to their size, I find it hard to draw the conclusion the site wants me to.
That should make it more believable, not less. Donations to politicians and PACs are public information filed to the FEC. This is why it’s down to the cent. If you were expecting more, well, that’s campaign finance law for you, there are limits to contributions. Super PACs are a whole other matter for which donations cannot be tracked in the same manner and is not part of the conversation.

So we’re working with public information on the record, i.e. blatantly out in the open for anyone to see. I’m not going to sit here and pretend that any company or corporation not shown on that website is maximizing support for gay folks or something, but it does matter. The others are at least smart enough to not do it out in the open for all to see.

Tesla as an example, is not on that list. Or since I mentioned AT&T and could compare apples to apples, you’ll note that Verizon isn’t on there. Nor Tmobile. But now that I mentioned Tesla, we can do further apples to apples comparisons. Toyota is the worst of all the companies with significant donations, and yet there is no sign of Tesla, Honda, Ford, or Hyundai on the list. General Motors is on there, at a significantly smaller amount, but is on there.

The site has a very simple mission, showing who is being blatant with their hypocrisy. I find it to be very believable.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
That should make it more believable, not less. Donations to politicians and PACs are public information filed to the FEC. This is why it’s down to the cent. If you were expecting more, well, that’s campaign finance law for you, there are limits to contributions. Super PACs are a whole other matter for which donations cannot be tracked in the same manner and is not part of the conversation.

So we’re working with public information on the record, i.e. blatantly out in the open for anyone to see. I’m not going to sit here and pretend that any company or corporation not shown on that website is maximizing support for gay folks or something, but it does matter. The others are at least smart enough to not do it out in the open for all to see.

Tesla as an example, is not on that list. Or since I mentioned AT&T and could compare apples to apples, you’ll note that Verizon isn’t on there. Nor Tmobile. But now that I mentioned Tesla, we can do further apples to apples comparisons. Toyota is the worst of all the companies with significant donations, and yet there is no sign of Tesla, Honda, Ford, or Hyundai on the list. General Motors is on there, at a significantly smaller amount, but is on there.

The site has a very simple mission, showing who is being blatant with their hypocrisy. I find it to be very believable.
I don't see who they donated money to. I will decide for myself if the companies are "contributing to anti-LGBT bigotry" myself based on that. Also the amounts of money are so trivially small for such giant companies, the narrative they're trying to create is suspect on that basis alone. Combined with my first point, the site looks more likely to be an anti-Toyota smear campaign put out by Honda than anything else.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I don't see who they donated money to. I will decide for myself if the companies are "contributing to anti-LGBT bigotry" myself based on that. Also the amounts of money are so trivially small for such giant companies, the narrative they're trying to create is suspect on that basis alone. Combined with my first point, the site looks more likely to be an anti-Toyota smear campaign put out by Honda than anything else.
Dude, seriously? This is how I know that you don’t actually give a shit. The supporting documentation is literally provided in the appendices. Full breakdown of their methodology, who specifically was donated to and by whom, with links to the public search tools so you can verify the data yourself. I’ll even link you Appendix B.

But hey, why take a moment to actually check when it’s faster to type up some bullshit about how the site is likely anti-Toyota smear campaign by Honda because someone told you that you were wrong on the internet?

Vognerful

Dude, seriously? This is how I know that you don’t actually give a shit. The supporting documentation is literally provided in the appendices. Full breakdown of their methodology, who specifically was donated to and by whom, with links to the public search tools so you can verify the data yourself. I’ll even link you Appendix B.

But hey, why take a moment to actually check when it’s faster to type up some bullshit about how the site is likely anti-Toyota smear campaign by Honda because someone told you that you were wrong on the internet?

[/URL]
da fuck? why is Toyota paying all that much?

Top Bottom