• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Shhhh I want someone here to try it and give impression! Now have some milk for your coffee
I'll take soy, please ;)

Whew, repudiate it.
Seriously. Like, how are you going to get a "purer" coffee by bypassing your body's natural detoxification mechanisms? And how are you going to tell me that you're cleansing my liver through my colon?

Let's not at those "treating cancer naturally" claims. Poor people.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The amount of times I heard stoners saying weed cures everything
21fbdbc23a.gif

I'll take soy, please ;)

Seriously. Like, how are you going to get a "purer" coffee by bypassing your body's natural detoxification mechanisms? And how are you going to tell me that you're cleansing my liver through my colon?

Shhhhh it is science dont worry. I dont get all of the detoxing stuff at all it seems a bit weird and fake, like chiropractors. I need to read up on it and see if there is any real science behide that stuff.

Vazra

Yeah I was kidding. I was kind of trying to simultaneously satirize and engage in 'weed culture'. Weed is actually just 'okay' imo.

Lol I have a friend that constantly bugs me to try it cause it will "fix" my depression and make me happier. Maybe one day but I have no interest at the moment.

Veeboy

Ok, so I stop watching this thread for 2 hours and somehow Pamplemousse and Cornburrito are flying cross country to get each others dicks wet and people are talking about putting coffee in their asses...

tumblr_lt50lzduq21qdlkgg.gif

Lol I have a friend that constantly bugs me to try it cause it will "fix" my depression and make me happier. Maybe one day but I have no interest at the moment.

It almost definitely won't fix your depression, but used infrequently (like once every two weeks) it can sort of mildly rebalance your moods a bit, but it's nothing that remarkable. People who do it a lot (say if they're using it to treat depression) tend to develop a lot of mind-fog, which is kind of counterproductive if you're dealing with depression, dulling your senses in that way can create a repetitive cycle of avoidance... but I guess that means that it can partially cover the depression up, hell I could practically write memoirs on that (that was me from like 16-22).

I'm already tripping out and seeing Jesus, what do you think the coffee enema is for?

Vazra

Ok, so I stop watching this thread for 2 hours and somehow Pamplemousse and Cornburrito are flying cross country to get each others dicks wet and people are talking about putting coffee in their asses...

tumblr_lt50lzduq21qdlkgg.gif

Ive seen some nice looking guys named Jesus before. I should find one.

I know, right? That was why I mentioned tea.

Actually I'm waiting for an exam which starts in 30 minutes and reading this thread helps me relax.
Good luck. Yeah tomorrow i have like 4 tests, i love high school, its great best time of your life. But like really 4 tests come on.
Also i guess i will try to become friends with chemistry boy(the name you guys gave him), just talking to him more would be a good place to start.
Well i got to get sleep, stayed up later than id like but what ever.

Veeboy

I know, right? That was why I mentioned tea.

Actually I'm waiting for an exam which starts in 30 minutes and reading this thread helps me relax.
Good luck on your exam!
I'd personally be concerned about getting... distracted.

Good luck. :)
Hes fine. There have been no hot guys posted for the last 4 pages so there are no 'distractions' to worry about.
Good luck. Yeah tomorrow i have like 4 tests, i love high school, its great best time of your life. But like really 4 tests come on.
Also i guess i will try to become friends with chemistry boy(the name you guys gave him), just talking to him more would be a good place to start.
Well i got to get sleep, stayed up later than id like but what ever.
Good luck with the tests. I remember always getting bombarded with tests in the same week in high school all the time. I thought it couldn't get worse and then my freshman year of college murdered me.

Also good luck with chemistry boy. I hope you get a positive reaction. If not I'm sure you'll come up with a good solution. There is no problem you can't solvent.
These are all of the vaguely chemistry-esque puns I could come up with. It shows that I failed freshman chemistry.

0___________0

Edit:speaking of 0________0, EVO 2016 lineup got announced Tekken 7 Fated Retribution hype
and in meantime Gaf is going on Sex-capades and talking anal coffee science.

This is my favorite game. I don't visit this thread for a handful of days, then come back and catch up on all the insanity.

GAF Orchestrated inter-state hook ups, Tinder troubles, and HBIC New York gifs.

10/10

RM8

Coffee enema... of course it's a thing, I guess. Who comes up with such things? It's the medicinal equivalent of 4chan making people microwave their iPhones.

RM8

Physician Max Gerson in the 1940s, according to a link earlier. More recent than I'd have expected.

ilqP00ZyIexQofLUd2.gif
Must be like that Korean dude who swears by poop liquor, and makes people drink it. I'd believe he's a massive troll, but he also drinks it himself :x

Monocle

Yeah im fine at holding conversations and talking to people, like i kinda learned how to move conversations along and steer them. But the hardest parts are first talking to the person and second getting passed the hump of just knowing them and being friends. Like I have no idea who i should start to get to know him more, so many times i have became friends with people and they say this "wow i never knew you could talk this much, or why are you usually so quite". Im the person who just rather not be the center of attention and prefer just kinda staying in the back, which makes it hard to be more like my social side which is loud fast speaking and more energetic, usually the other side of me is more calm, just kinda normal and laid back because i rather not be picked out.
I will totally read that thread you linked thanks.
Yeah like i have 3 classes with him, one of them which is digital art and he makes some amazing stuff in the class, so at least thats one thing we have in common.
Sounds like a good opportunity to make a friend.

I found this handy image in some other thread.

YpiOBwl.png

You can get to #5 in two or three proper conversations. I've found that the easiest way to take a conversation to a more personal place is to bring up one of my own fears or insecurities. Like, I was surprised to find out how many other people have some degree of social anxiety, and how willing they were to talk about their problems when the subject came up. You'd never know it just by looking at them, and I'm fairly sure my own issues aren't obvious to other people either.

This is the general way I go about getting to know new people. Roughly in order:

- Compliment the person, remark on something they're doing, or ask a question about it. Use their response to start a conversation. "That picture's amazing. How long have you been into art?"

- Talk about something I did recently, and/or ask them about something they've done. Usually this leads to decent conversation all by itself.

- Discuss my and their interests, especially any interests we share.

- Mention something I saw or heard. "Did you hear that Alan Rickman passed away? He was the same age as David Bowie."

- Discuss preferences and opinions about entertainment. "Have you seen Breaking Bad? Did you root for Walt? When did you stop, or were you with him all the way?"

- Discuss a recent frustrating or embarrassing experience, or a general insecurity, or some upcoming event that you're nervous about. "My boss is a complete jerk. Have you ever been expected to know things you weren't trained for?"

- Discuss hot public figures. (Optional, but fun.) "Have you seen that show The Shannara Chronicles? I'm kind of into the blond dude."

- Invite the person to a casual social thing that'll give us a chance to talk more.

Most of the time, it works every time!

Just remember that most people aren't as together as they look, Many of the things that make you feel insecure won't even be noticed by others, because your mind magnifies your insecurities, and everyone has their own things to think about. If you make a genuine effort to get to know someone, they'll probably to appreciate your interest in them and be open to more conversation. Boldness tends to pay off. A lot of people just need the right thing to respond to, and they'll open right up.

I was going to say that first train must feel nothing!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if Final Fantasy Explorers is good

I preordered and then canceled it after I saw the reception was kind of meh. I recently watched a GameTrailers discussion about it and they felt pretty meh about it. Their conclusion was that if you're big into FF and you have others to play with, give it a shot; if you will be playing solo or aren't that into the franchise but still interested, do some decent research to make sure it's for you. The two GT people played it mostly individually and got bored somewhat quickly.

Monocle

I found him. I found the hunk who could tear me away from Pietro Boselli. For like a day or two, I mean.

q3gpiGd.jpg

dZSngqK.jpg

8aF7O7vl.jpg
mMiNwbvl.jpg

yuaDyhsl.jpg
KWbSvTrl.jpg

HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG... That body tho. The drugs are in my ass, officer.

He's Trevor Signorino.

Aw, that's great to hear!

Then they weren't really your soccerbros to begin with :^(

Yeah! I'm in a pretty good spot with my sports right now :) So that makes me happy!

You're right.. they definitely weren't :(. and it was tough at first to let them go, but I find that my life is way less toxic now that I don't have to worry about them anymore :)

Alrus

Best part of sales season here is that I can buy expensive underwear without feeling guilty about it. Too bad I don't have more disposable income.

Good luck with the tests. I remember always getting bombarded with tests in the same week in high school all the time. I thought it couldn't get worse and then my freshman year of college murdered me.

Also good luck with chemistry boy. I hope you get a positive reaction. If not I'm sure you'll come up with a good solution. There is no problem you can't solvent.
These are all of the vaguely chemistry-esque puns I could come up with. It shows that I failed freshman chemistry.
Lol those puns are so bad there good. Yeah well thanks, i feel ready for all of my tests.

Sounds like a good opportunity to make a friend.

I found this handy image in some other thread.

YpiOBwl.png

You can get to #5 in two or three proper conversations. I've found that the easiest way to take a conversation to a more personal place is to bring up one of my own fears or insecurities. Like, I was surprised to find out how many other people have some degree of social anxiety, and how willing they were to talk about their problems when the subject came up. You'd never know it just by looking at them, and I'm fairly sure my own issues aren't obvious to other people either.

This is the general way I go about getting to know new people. Roughly in order:

- Compliment the person, remark on something they're doing, or ask a question about it. Use their response to start a conversation. "That picture's amazing. How long have you been into art?"

- Talk about something I did recently, and/or ask them about something they've done. Usually this leads to decent conversation all by itself.

- Discuss my and their interests, especially any interests we share.

- Mention something I saw or heard. "Did you hear that Alan Rickman passed away? He was the same age as David Bowie."

- Discuss preferences and opinions about entertainment. "Have you seen Breaking Bad? Did you root for Walt? When did you stop, or were you with him all the way?"

- Discuss a recent frustrating or embarrassing experience, or a general insecurity, or some upcoming event that you're nervous about. "My boss is a complete jerk. Have you ever been expected to know things you weren't trained for?"

- Discuss hot public figures. (Optional, but fun.) "Have you seen that show The Shannara Chronicles? I'm kind of into the blond dude."

- Invite the person to a casual social thing that'll give us a chance to talk more.

Most of the time, it works every time!

Just remember that most people aren't as together as they look, Many of the things that make you feel insecure won't even be noticed by others, because your mind magnifies your insecurities, and everyone has their own things to think about. If you make a genuine effort to get to know someone, they'll probably to appreciate your interest in them and be open to more conversation. Boldness tends to pay off. A lot of people just need the right thing to respond to, and they'll open right up.

I was going to say that first train must feel nothing!
Im usually the one open up to people first and be more bold, once i get to know them. Like one day me and a bunch of my friends stayed up late playing games, then everyone gets off but me and my gay friend, so then we end up talking from like 2-6am and just kinda opened up about things and he did the same. Like opening up to people i know is not that hard for me.
Thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom