• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Crayons

Banned
Hi guys! I'm new and finally got approved after being pending for 2.5 months lol. How is everyone? Anyone in the Bay Area, in CA? I'm in the North Bay, Santa Rosa. You may have heard of us recently in the news... :|
It only took you 2.5 months?

I wish everyone lived closer so we could do a meet up! I know Via isn't that far from me, a few hours tops, I wish Beth was closer. Ugh. I want to be in the same room collectively with you all! and my gaf husband crayons <3.
OMG so adorable

one day i will drive over to white trashville i mean west virginia and i will meet u

Gibbs

God that #MeToo thread is making me so sad. I wanted to post a status about it on facebook but most of my friends are religious and I still slightly blame myself for when it happened and I don't know how most of them would react to a gay person experiencing this. But it does make me hopeful reading about how many of these people are speaking up.

Whats this whole #MeToo thing?

one day i will drive over to white trashville i mean west virginia and i will meet u

Are you saying I'm trash?? =( My part of WV is nice sir!

vinnyvidivici

Neo Member
Whats this whole #MeToo thing?

Are you saying I'm trash?? =( My part of WV is nice sir!

#MeToo is being posted by any woman who has been sexually harassed or assaulted in their lifetime. Bringing to light how shitty they have it across the country/world in that department.

Gibbs

#MeToo is being posted by any woman who has been sexually harassed or assaulted in their lifetime. Bringing to light how shitty they have it across the country/world in that department.

Ohhh thats the whole #MeToo thing. =( I'll have to dig deeper into it and read up.

I was sexually assaulted not too long ago and I can relate to the mindset to a point, but for a female it may go deeper. I can't say if the mindsets are the same as we all handle it differently.

We live in 2017, this shit shouldn't exist. Females deserve the same treatment as men. Period. It's bullshit that females have always been looked as less, rather than equals.

vinnyvidivici

Neo Member
Ohhh thats the whole #MeToo thing. =( I'll have to dig deeper into it and read up.

I was sexually assaulted not too long ago and I can relate to the mindset to a point, but for a female it may go deeper. I can't say if the mindsets are the same as we all handle it differently.

We live in 2017, this shit shouldn't exist. Females deserve the same treatment as men. Period. It's bullshit that females have always been looked as less, rather than equals.

Yes, I couldn't agree more! And I don't think anyone would flinch at any gender posting #MeToo. Sexual assault is no joke. I'm so sorry you had to experience that. :( *hugs*

Hugs to Pixel no one is intentionally ignoring you.

And on the topic at hand people can be trash which is why I think I'll be a hermit lol.

I also was a victim of assault and I had to fight him off. Messed with my trust in others since then.

jb1234

Which games are you all playing? I'm a bit all over the place right now. Y'all on PS4, Xbox, both? I really want to get a Switch but I'm a bit over spent recently. :(

I intend to or have recently played:
  • FFXIV
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • GTA5
  • Have a bunch of Assassins Creed games to still dig into
  • Want to try Paragon
  • Infamous First Light
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5

I think that's it for now. I'm blanking of course as I write this.

I just finished off Cuphead (which came very close to giving me a stroke) and am now working on easier games, like Prey (well, sorta easier) and Dragon Quest IX. I'm very much waiting for Mario Odyssey.

Gibbs

Hugs to Pixel no one is intentionally ignoring you.

And on the topic at hand people can be trash which is why I think I'll be a hermit lol.

I also was a victim of assault and I had to fight him off. Messed with my trust in others since then.

I understand the whole trust thing. Hugs my dude <3

4nmeoyA.gif

Yes, I couldn't agree more! And I don't think anyone would flinch at any gender posting #MeToo. Sexual assault is no joke. I'm so sorry you had to experience that. :( *hugs*

HUGS! It's ok though! I handle it well and don't think of it. It made me learn not to trust those around you completely as it was someone I considered a friend.

6WF6ZT1.gif

No. You're not trash. You're great. Your state is trash

LMAO agreed fully.

I've been sick for the better part of a week and now I'm at the phase where I don't give a fuck about anything

Oh nooooo =( Whats wrong? A cold? Did Best Buy ever get back to you?

I just finished off Cuphead (which came very close to giving me a stroke)

Cuphead is the game that will kill me. Such a bullshit but brilliant experience.

jb1234

Cuphead is the game that will kill me. Such a bullshit but brilliant experience.

Haha, yup. It's hardest at the very end but so satisfying when you finally conquer it. It's not quite my GOTY (Hollow Knight hedges it out) but it's up there, for sure.

Raxus

Pixel I was ignored too. You just got to keep posting. Sometimes something comes up in a thread and takes everyone's attention. Stuff like 'my friend wants to be a Japanese prostitute' (lol). You just gotta keep at it. It takes a while to establish yourself in a new community. Trust me I am still trying to get responses in the fitness thread.

jb1234

Pixel I was ignored too. You just got to keep posting. Sometimes something comes up in a thread and takes everyone's attention. Stuff like 'my friend wants to be a Japanese prostitute' (lol). You just gotta keep at it. It takes a while to establish yourself in a new community. Trust me I am still trying to get responses in the fitness thread.

Yeah. Community threads can be overwhelming because you come in and people already have relationships and running jokes established with each other. You just gotta keep going and start making connections.

Gibbs

I think often we get overlooked because of a deeper conversation going on. I can vouch that my post are overlooked, and I have even avoided post because I honestly had no idea how to respond to the topic. Regardless Raxus is right, completely. Don't give up and keep posting. =)

As for the fitness gaf thread... its why I don't post there and ask questions as it seems like the same people only reply to the same old hands and thats it.

I think often we get overlooked because of a deeper conversation going on. I can vouch that my post are overlooked, and I have even avoided post because I honestly had no idea how to respond to the topic. Regardless Raxus is right, completely. Don't give up and keep posting. =)

As for the fitness gaf thread... its why I don't post there and ask questions as it seems like the same people only reply to the same old hands and thats it.

Same thing in another community music thread and I stopped posting because of that.

Beth Cyra

Same thing in another community music thread and I stopped posting because of that.
Yeah I did that for Fit Gaf, I try to post everyone once in a while and I do get responses but I always feel like a burden there, though to be fair to them that is I’m sure my own self doubts at play there.

I was abate if Transformers and Gundam Gaf And they are great but my tastes are so specific there and they are for older stuff only I’m more of a broken record so I dropped it only to not be an annoyance.

Everyone is welcomed here. Jb needs to show us their skills for a free concert and Raxus tell us about your fitness goals.

Beth, I didn't know you were into Gundam we need to talk more.

Beth Cyra

Everyone is welcomed here. Jb needs to show us their skills for a free concert and Raxus tell us about your fitness goals.

Heck yeah my man.

I build Gundam models, play me some Gundam video games and own multiple series in both manga and anime form ;)

I’m a huge Katoki fan girl.

Heck yeah my man.

I build Gundam models, play me some Gundam video games and own multiple series in both manga and anime form ;)

If you're also into mysteries then you're even more prefect.

The people I know aren't into everything I like including mysteries.

Beth Cyra

If you're also into mysteries then you're even more prefect.

The people I know aren't into everything I like including mysteries.
When we talking Mystries, do we mean more puzzle type with Holmes? or Physcological thrillers that really mess with you?

Or we talking straight horror mystery?

It’s a broad category but I do love some forms of Mystries.

Beth Cyra

All of the above including real life stories.
Real life not heavily but I’m your girl for Pychological and Horror Mystrey, plus I do love me some Holmes....though in this fan girl’s mind he needs him some Morie as he isn’t as good with out his sexy lover....I mean rival, yes hmm *coughs* rival.

jb1234

#wave neighbor.
dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

Haha! Yo! Seattle's the hot spot these days.

Well, a concert would probably be logistically difficult but if anyone likes Final Fantasy music (and doesn't everyone?), here's a video: https://youtu.be/cMmN9tEOkLs

(I weigh about thirty pounds less now, which I'm quite proud of. Still have another thirty or so to go.)

Real life not heavily but I’m your girl for Pychological and Horror Mystrey, plus I do love me some Holmes....though in this fan girl’s mind he needs him some Morie as he isn’t as good with out his sexy lover....I mean rival, yes hmm *coughs* rival.

There's this show called Inspector Lynley Mysteries which is a british crime drama that's pretty good. If you haven't heard of it I suggest checking it out.

Haha! Yo! Seattle's the hot spot these days.

Well, a concert would probably be logistically difficult but if anyone likes Final Fantasy music (and doesn't everyone?), here's a video: https://youtu.be/cMmN9tEOkLs

(I weigh about thirty pounds less now, which I'm quite proud of. Still have another thirty or so to go.)

This is amazing :O

Hi guys! I'm new and finally got approved after being pending for 2.5 months lol. How is everyone? Anyone in the Bay Area, in CA? I'm in the North Bay, Santa Rosa. You may have heard of us recently in the news... :|

Hi. I live in the Bay Area, in Alameda to be precise. Glad to see you're okay from the fire.

Beth Cyra

There's this show called Inspector Lynley Mysteries which is a british crime drama that's pretty good. If you haven't heard of it I suggest checking it out.

This is amazing :O
I hadn’t, ill check it out as soon as I finish Big Mouth.

Right now I’m addicted to the Hormone Monster.

Raxus

Mine are simple right now. Gain weight. My metabolism is nuts and I am trying to reach 150 to 160 pounds at the moment. I am 5'9 and weigh 126.8 at the moment.

I hadn’t, ill check it out as soon as I finish Big Mouth.

Right now I’m addicted to the Hormone Monster.

Not familiar with that one.

Mine are simple right now. Gain weight. My metabolism is nuts and I am trying to reach 150 to 160 pounds at the moment. I am 5'9 and weigh 126.8 at the moment.

I wish you luck on your journey, I hope you reach your goal without much issue.

That metabolism of yours sounds like a bit of a wrench.

JCX

Heck yeah my man.

I love Gundam! I'm in season 2 of OO. I also built Gundam Maxter and Sandrock Gundam earlier this year!

Oh nooooo =( Whats wrong? A cold? Did Best Buy ever get back to you?
I caught a cold from my brother. I seem to finally be entering the recovery phase.

About BB, I unfortunately didn't get accepted for the store I applied to, but the hiring lead sent me an email offering me to do a meet & greet with a GM from another store in VA. While I'm greatful that I'm not out of consideration completely, I'm a bit bummed out since that first store would've been incredibly convenient for me because it's within walking distance of my home. Right now I'm waiting to get confirmation for that next interview, while also scrambling to finish work I couldn't do over the weekend because of the cold.

Masamuna

I feel like I swoop in once a year to see how everyone is doing. I need to rectify that.

I went to Pride for the first time this year, even marched in the parade with my Boyfriend’s Rugby team! It was so fun, met lots of people and really enjoyed myself.

Except Saturday night at the Eagle for their event. I don’t really do large crowds, and I wasn’t expecting such a huge turnout but that’s my naivety. It took us over an hour to get to our friend that bartends and get one drink. On the bright side we danced with this really cute Greek bear and made out a bit before leaving.

One thing I’m looking forward to is the BF living in midtown next month. Driving an hour away multiple trips this weekend was draining.

JCX

Which games are you all playing? I'm a bit all over the place right now. Y'all on PS4, Xbox, both? I really want to get a Switch but I'm a bit over spent recently. :(

• FFXIV
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • GTA5
  • Want to try Paragon
  • Infamous First Light
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5

Just beat Mario Rabbids today! Now I'm playing Stardew Valley, Splatoon 2, and slowly going through Bravely Second.

I'll probably never finish Horizon Zero Dawn b/c i didn't want it to end like i did with Oblivion. I was even shocked at finishing Divinity Original Sin 2 b/c i was having so much fun and didn't want to finish the end

I'm sure you're fine. :)

My stubby little fingers never grew into my piano playing ambitions. I can barely reach an octave. And only in my left hand. :(

It's part of why I started arranging stuff. I wanted to play cool music, but all the stuff I wanted to play required being able to palm a basketball.

I should probably go back and take some more lessons, I just don't have the time. And if I did, voice would probably take priority.

Dany

Banned
One thing I’m looking forward to is the BF living in midtown next month. Driving an hour away multiple trips this weekend was draining.

Why do I feel like you've mentioned you lived with your partner? Either way yall are fucking adrobz and I'm jelly.

Kinsei

Banned

• FFXIV
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • GTA5
  • Want to try Paragon
  • Infamous First Light
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5

I've been playing Hyrule Warriors Legends. I swear I'll 100% it someday.

Bladenic

I platinumed Ys VIII about a week and a half ago. Great game.

Finished Superstar Saga 3DS, great game.

And now I went back to FFXII Zodiac Age. Plowed through the story and got two dungeons left, now I'm doing some hunts and going back for Espers.

Dunno what I'll play next. Some games others have mentioned: I only played the story of Hyrule Warriors Legends. While i like the game a lot, the adventure mode was crazy intimidating and it seems to be insanely grindy (level was boosted to 255 wtf??), I still need to finish Bravely Default, much less second (chapter 7). I'm waiting for the Goty edition of Horizon.

IvorB

Our crime game is on fleek rn

Seems that way. Wow I can't even imagine how it would have been to see gay characters like you see now, when I was growing up. Pirates, gangsters and cartel king pins instead of all those awful caricatures and stereotypes they used to pump out back in the day.

Die this mother’s hair white and give him a Katana and we got ourselves an amazing Lige Action Virgil.

Maybe in that shot but I'm not sure he looks all that much like Vergil ha ha.

Top Bottom