• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Carcetti

So, due to not hanging in Discord communities some of us are stuck here with the alt right invasion force? Future is looking bright. *massages temples*

Hi everyone, after introducing myself about two years ago I posted only a couple of times but consistently kept on lurking after that. I always wanted to participate more, but became kind of shy in the past two years (which is also true in RL). I loved spending time here and reading all of your posts, but during the events last weekend I realised what I had missed out on by not partaking in the discussion here. I wonder where you guys will end up? Will you stay here? Will you go? I have almost no LGBTQ friends in RL and the thought of this place just vanishing into thin air is kind of painful.

folks looking for their respective communities can send me their discord usernames, may be i can help them get in touch. Send the whole thing eg username#12344

folks looking for their respective communities can send me their discord usernames, may be i can help them get in touch. Send the whole thing eg username#12344

Maybe you should be a little more convincing that you're actually willing to help and not just trying to get a bunch of Discord usernames?
Times aren't appropriate to trust so easily, given how many trolls are just invading Discords and leaking screenshots.

Maybe you should be a little more convincing that you're actually willing to help and not just trying to get a bunch of Discord usernames?
Times aren't appropriate to trust so easily, given how many trolls are just invading Discords and leaking screenshots.

I joined discord accidentally a few weeks ago before the fiasco, I have yet to even use it for anything gaming related. What would I even do with discord names, i don't even play games that much these days.

People are free to trust or not trust, go through my post history and you will see I have nothing to hide. Just trying to help people out and for the record, we are not adding anyone to discords willy nilly, proper verification and all.

I joined discord accidentally a few weeks ago before the fiasco, I have yet to even use it for anything gaming related. What would I even do with discord names, i don't even play games that much these days.

People are free to trust or not trust, go through my post history and you will see I have nothing to hide. Just trying to help people out and for the record, we are not adding anyone to discords willy nilly, proper verification and all.

Hey, I understand that, and I'm not making accusations. Just pointing out that after all the trolling some Discords have faced in the last few days, with screenshots being posted on Twitter, Voat and 4chan, and the current state of GAF, people might be suspicious.

zumphry

Banned

If you read the page, we actually have a lot of people able to get folks into our discord server. Thanks for your help, though :)

zero-one

Neo Member
I've been a lurker here for a long time (had this account since 2014 and never posted with it) and this is one of the community threads i enjoyed reading. The advice posted in the community thread helped me with my own coming out. If it ever opens back up, i would like a discord link as well if possible. That is if you're ok with accepting new people into the community at this point.

jark

Neo Member
I've been a lurker here for a long time (had this account since 2014 and never posted with it) and this is one of the community threads i enjoyed reading. The advice posted in the community thread helped me with my own coming out. If it ever opens back up, i would like a discord link as well if possible. That is if you're ok with accepting new people into the community at this point.

This is exactly how I feel - I've posted in the LGBT threads a couple of times in the past but mainly lurked here. If people are comfortable, I'd love a discord link, but I totally understand if you guys are wary of accepting anybody new at the moment.

TLS Lex

I realise this is a colossal ask for a junior (I lurk constantly but don't really post unless I think I have something semi-valuable to contribute) but I'd also like a link to the Discord. I'm happy to be vetted in any way, shape or form. I run a fansite and we have our own server for that, I just didn't know Discord was so popular here in general.

Posting specifically in this community because I always wanted to get involved in LGBT+ gaming communities to find some like minded people to play multi together, I'm part of a small LGBT+ Discord called Sharlayan that's FFXIV related (I play a lot) but didn't realise GAF had a big community like this.

IvorB

It's pretty surreal what's happening to this site right now...

So to get onto the new site does one have to get into Discord first?

Stoop Man

It's pretty surreal what's happening to this site right now...

So to get onto the new site does one have to get into Discord first?

This. And have they said anything about how they're gonna handle registration after the Discord folks finish migrating?

Sorry, I've never been a part of this OT, but I heard all the various communities here were jumping ship and I don't wanna get left behind. I'd like to be a part of another gaming forum where I can say I have a trans gf and not worry about potential harassment or snide remarks. :/

mantidor

Please get in touch with me with your Discord name if you'd like to be invited to the LGBTQGAF discord. Thanks.

It's easier to just post a discord link invite here under email tags so that only logged users can quote and get the link to the discord.

Edit: just in case it probably wasn't clear, don't give your discord usernames to random guy on forum. Sorry but I literally never seen you in this thread before 7echnicolor, if you can provide an actual link to the discord is just better and faster for you anyway.

RM8

I honestly want to keep posting here if things become better...

But of course I'd like to join the new place! How do I do that? :x

zumphry

Banned
It's easier to just post a discord link invite here under email tags so that only logged users can quote and get the link to the discord.

Edit: just in case it probably wasn't clear, don't give your discord usernames to random guy on forum. Sorry but I literally never seen you in this thread before 7echnicolor, if you can provide an actual link to the discord is just better and faster for you anyway.

haha this is a fair post but 7echnicolor is legit! I think they’d rather avoid posting the discord link out in the open to avoid any unsavory users who might grab it and/or spread it around.

mantidor

haha this is a fair post but 7echnicolor is legit! I think they’d rather avoid posting the discord link out in the open to avoid any unsavory users who might grab it and/or spread it around.

Oh ok, I understand it.

I just feel paranoid about the whole thing lol this has been awful,

I feel like this is the Event Horizon ship and Sam Neil is telling me I can't leave. D:

If you haven't been verified by a community you're out of luck for the time being, but registration will be opening eventually.

What about those of us who've never had any luck at all? Negative luck? :p

Are you sure because i tried earlier and couldn't seems invite only and im afraid i won't remember my 'professional' Email password either :(

Seems like you can start the process but without the code you can't finish.

Ah nvm just saw Dead Prince's post. Guess we're in for a wait. *starts humming off key*

Oh hi Gaygaf, haven't been to Neogaf in like a month. Personal life got in the way. I now have two jobs, so I have less time to spend doing certain activities I enjoy. I also need to study for an exam. My time is very constrained.

Seems a lot has changed, in this past few days. Sad to see a part of neogaf I use to frequent be slashed. Hope the site can survive and certain quality members stay. Still don't know much about the situation, don't have time to read T_T.

*hug gaygaf

Gaardus

Ugh, so I missed my window for R-Era? (afraid to type it out!)

If anyone can point me in the direction of what I need to do, I'd be really thankful. I'll follow their Twitter as well. I don't have Discord so I should probably get that as well.

Not sure I want to find a paid email, though....ugh. I don't even know where to go to get one, lol.

You could register pyrokai.net with email forwarding for less than 10 USD per year.

Berordn

if anyone needs an email i can get you set, just hit me up on the d-cord.

i can assure you that you won't want to use it for anything else, however.

Astral Dog

We are in the process of "don't tell anyone you r a faggot" process with my mom, things is changing she just says nobody gives a shit so i shouldn't tell anyone.but i feel like i don't anyone to talk this stuff since my sister left and im stressed

I could do it, but I haven't received the confirmation mail :x

check your spam. it might be there. if not. you may have to wait a bit. they ran into that problem during early registration as well. if you haven't received it i can pass your detail to a site mod to check into it.

RM8

check your spam. it might be there. if not. you may have to wait a bit. they ran into that problem during early registration as well. if you haven't received it i can pass your detail to a site mod to check into it.
I'll wait, then. I hope it gets through ;(

Edit: waiting now :p

CDX

I'll wait, then. I hope it gets through ;(

Edit: waiting now :p

Some ISP spam filters are blocking the email completely. It won't even show up in the Spam folder. That was even a problem for some people on discord in the first waves of registration .

And other times it takes a LONG time to show up.

Some ISP spam filters are blocking the email completely. It won't even show up in the Spam folder. That was even a problem for some people on discord in the first waves of registration .

And other times it takes a LONG time to show up.

I think this is happening with me right now, as it's been about 3 and a half hrs since I was supposedly sent the email. Guess I will try and get things sorted tomorrow, as I'll be away for the evening/night.

Top Bottom