Liberals, please stop allowing Authoritarians to hijack the Left.

Cleared_Hot

Feb 25, 2018
We have people call someone a racist alt-right supporter because they listened to a heavy metal band that doesn't push their politics in their music (Daniel Vavre). Some people are insane and look to be offended, going to great lengths reaching for things to be offended about.
I love it. Their heads implode every time a big name does this. People on the far side of things love placing people into nifty groups and can't handle individuality. Which is ironic because they claim to be all against stereotyping but the second somebody like Kanye hops out of their perfect stereotype that agrees with everything they say, they lose their fucking minds.

ar0s

Feb 21, 2018
What are the greatest causes of income inequality and destruction of the middle class?
Globalism.
Bad Trade deals.
The gutting of our manufacturing industry.
Illegal immigration (actually high levels of immigration helps depress wages overall)

All problems that Donald Trump is trying to fix, but for some reason the people who claim to want to help blacks won't let him. Why not at least let him try? Let's face it you're not going to "fix" racism in this country by just telling everyone not to be racist. Why not try some more practical solutions?
You only need to compare the pay for jobs in the UK today to the 70s or 80s (with inflation) to see what mass immigration has done to our working class. They have not just taken the working class' money, they have taken their future, their happiness, their hope. People I work with could not understand Brexit and lost their shit (I work in the charity sector which helps vulnerable people in poverty though ironically not enough to understand their thoughts and feelings!) - people shouted at me for trying to explain when you leave people utterly hopeless they will gladly smash the system even if it makes things 10x worse for a while, as long as it makes it worse for those who have taken said hope.

I voted Brexit and would gladly live in (more) poverty if 90% of the country lost 50% of their wages/money. 'Ave that you c**ts. Next time care about others (or at least give them a reason to believe things can get better) or you'll all be strung up in the street instead of just worrying you've lost your immigration cash-cow.

Last edited:

Ke0

Aug 10, 2012
Reading, Berkshire
American politics is so fascinating. Each side accuses the other of being whiners who hate dissenting views and those who don't agree, while living in an echo chamber. Both will swear they're not like that at all when they clearly are lol.

Jan 10, 2018
American politics is so fascinating. Each side accuses the other of being whiners who hate dissenting views and those who don't agree, while living in an echo chamber. Both will swear they're not like that at all when they clearly are lol.
NUH UH! Its just them You clearly don't know what you're talking about being all foreign well NOT IN MY BACKYARD!

prag16

Jul 12, 2012
A bit off topic I guess, but I found this a bit amusing: Apparently you can be banned from the other site for content of messages attached to a report of another user's post. Basically I reported a driveby shit post, and noted that only the drivebys on one side of the argument were being banned and not the other. Long and short of it, PSA: You're not allowed to shit on the mods in the open forum (they suggest report/PM). But if you shit on them in those ways, you may still be banned.

EDIT: "Member has been banned (24h): history of abusing the report system to send hostile messages towards staff." Ha. Okay!

Last edited:

Shiki_

Banned
Apr 20, 2018
A bit off topic I guess, but I found this a bit amusing: Apparently you can be banned from the other site for content of messages attached to a report of another user's post. Basically I reported a driveby shit post, and noted that only the drivebys on one side of the argument were being banned and not the other. Long and short of it, PSA: You're not allowed to shit on the mods in the open forum (they suggest report/PM). But if you shit on them in those ways, you may still be banned.

EDIT: "Member has been banned (24h): history of abusing the report system to send hostile messages towards staff." Ha. Okay!
Try that here and let see how far it goes.

prag16

Jul 12, 2012
Try that here and let see how far it goes.
I haven't had to thus far, since the split. The moderation is pretty even handed for the most part. But on the other site, pointing out moderator bias in reports (not even on the open forum) is apparently bannable. Maybe it would be here too, but like I said it hasn't really seemed necessary as of late.

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
I mean the other site is literally the most one sided, biased, virtue signaling group of people online. I only ever go there if I need a laugh. I can't wait to go there on election day 2020... Place is still one of the most salty sites on the net.

They can stay in the bubble... It's better for everyone that way.

Funny thing is they are all so summilar in identity they don't even know the rest of the world is different.

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016

I just got my perma-ban over there for saying gamergate started as a movement for ethics in gaming journalism but became something different pretty quickly. They banned me for being an "apologist for a hate/harrasment group". LOL wtf who did I apologize for? I merely stated how the movement started, I even called the movement itself "nonsense". But apparently if you say anything about gamergate without a foaming mouth and blood coming out of your wherever then you are a praising them...

Shiki_

Banned
Apr 20, 2018
Place is still one of the most salty sites on the net.
Are you sure you aren't the salty one? I mean, even if you stalk a site, you don't see like someone who move on.
I just got my perma-ban over there for saying gamergate started as a movement for ethics in gaming journalism but became something different pretty quickly. They banned me for being an "apologist for a hate/harrasment group". LOL wtf who did I apologize for? I merely stated how the movement started, I even called the movement itself "nonsense". But apparently if you say anything about gamergate without a foaming mouth and blood coming out of your wherever then you are a praising them...
But gamergate born to harrass a woman dev.

Last edited:

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
Mate, they are a group that will warn someone for using a racist term as long as it is against the people they don't like, but ban people because their opinions/information goes against their personal beliefs. It is a complete joke and another reason why the authoritarian left mindset is inane.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I mean the other site is literally the most one sided, biased, virtue signaling group of people online. I only ever go there if I need a laugh. I can't wait to go there on election day 2020... Place is still one of the most salty sites on the net.

They can stay in the bubble... It's better for everyone that way.

Funny thing is they are all so summilar in identity they don't even know the rest of the world is different.
Are you suggesting they lack diversity? 😉

Apr 27, 2018
Mate, they are a group that will warn someone for using a racist term as long as it is against the people they don't like, but ban people because their opinions/information goes against their personal beliefs. It is a complete joke and another reason why the authoritarian left mindset is inane.
Yo, just want to point out your first link is misinterpreted. That poster is black, and the insult in question has a completely different meaning when coming from black people. When White people say that word, it's basically another word for N*****, when black people call eachother that word it basically is a synonym for Uncle Tom.

Lol, first of all, how was she corrupt? Sleeping with someone else in the industry who didn't even cover her free game? Seriously, it was a free Twine game.

Second of all, even if she was corrupt, that doesn't justify harrassing her.

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
Yo, just want to point out your first link is misinterpreted. That poster is black, and the insult in question has a completely different meaning when coming from black people. When White people say that word, it's basically another word for N*****, when black people call eachother that word it basically is a synonym for Uncle Tom.
Both equally disgusting and racist language, so there is no difference...

Lol, first of all, how was she corrupt? Sleeping with someone else in the industry who didn't even cover her free game? Seriously, it was a free Twine game.
I don't know all the details, but that's how it started. I personally couldn't give a shit about such things but it is documented history that this is what set off the whole movement.

Second of all, even if she was corrupt, that doesn't justify harrassing her.
No it doesn't, all movements have fringe lunatics...

Apr 27, 2018
Both equally disgusting and racist language, so there is no difference...

I don't know all the details, but that's how it started. I personally couldn't give a shit about such things but it is documented history that this is what set off the whole movement.

No it doesn't, all movements have fringe lunatics...
If you don't know all the details maybe you should read them before trying to speak definitively on the topic. There was no corruption there, it was a hate mob harassing a chick because she cheated on her boyfriend.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
If you don't know all the details maybe you should read them before trying to speak definitively on the topic. There was no corruption there, it was a hate mob harassing a chick because she cheated on her boyfriend.
I obviously read the details since I'm talking about it... I'm just saying I'm not gonna pretend I know who's lying about what because unlike you I don't have an agenda. What I can say for sure though, is that the name gamergate itself comes from a scandal, that scandal being the fact that a developer fucked a reviewer, long story short. They wouldn't have adopted the "gate" in their name if their only goal was to harass women without discrimination. Their goal in general was to promote ethics in gaming journalism, the lack thereof recently exposed and reinforced by said scandal...

You can certainly make the argument that the scandal itself didn't happen or it wasn't an example of corruption in journalism or whatever fits your agenda best to help you cope through this situation, but you can never change the documented fact that this is what the movement was about. The truly awful harassment was done by the fringe lunatics of the group, and the harmless criticism performed by most members was labeled as harassment. Nobody in their right mind accepts to obvious bullshit that is the leftist revisionist version of what happened. Facts over feelings my friend...

Apr 27, 2018
I obviously read the details since I'm talking about it... I'm just saying I'm not gonna pretend I know who's lying about what because unlike you I don't have an agenda. What I can say for sure though, is that the name gamergate itself comes from a scandal, that scandal being the fact that a developer fucked a reviewer, long story short. They wouldn't have adopted the "gate" in their name if their only goal was to harass women without discrimination. Their goal in general was to promote ethics in gaming journalism, the lack thereof recently exposed and reinforced by said scandal...

You can certainly make the argument that the scandal itself didn't happen or it wasn't an example of corruption in journalism or whatever fits your agenda best to help you cope through this situation, but you can never change the documented fact that this is what the movement was about. The truly awful harassment was done by the fringe lunatics of the group, and the harmless criticism performed by most members was labeled as harassment. Nobody in their right mind accepts to obvious bullshit that is the leftist revisionist version of what happened. Facts over feelings my friend...
I'm not the one with an agenda here. The guy didn't even review her game. Her free game. It was just a hookup between two consenting adults. Notice how you claim I have an agenda while using terms like "leftist revisionist history" and spreading misinformation.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
I'm not the one with an agenda here. The guy didn't even review her game. Her free game. It was just a hookup between two consenting adults. Notice how you claim I have an agenda while using terms like "leftist revisionist history" and spreading misinformation.
Again, I didn't say that it was indeed an example of corruption in journalism, I'm saying that was how it was taken and that's what started it. Whether it was true or not is completely irrelevant. I claimed you have an agenda because you aren't willing to accept that documented fact...

Apr 27, 2018
Again, I didn't say that it was indeed an example of corruption in journalism, I'm saying that was how it was taken and that's what started it. Whether it was true or not is completely irrelevant. I claimed you have an agenda because you aren't willing to accept that documented fact...
Nah, you claimed it started because a developer fucked a reviewer. That's not what happened, a bunch of assholes made that shit up as an excuse to justify their behavior, started a hate movement against that girl, and she still gets death threats to this day.

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
Nah, you claimed it started because a developer fucked a reviewer. That's not what happened
If you say so, all sources say otherwise, but it certainly started because that's what people were lead to believe. Again, whether it's true or not is irrelevant, it's what sparked the movement. And again you are showing your bias by not accepting this really simple easy to accept fact. You brought up death threats for feelings points again, but this is a facts issue... I don't think you'll ever understand...

Apr 27, 2018
If you say so, all sources say otherwise, but it certainly started because that's what people were lead to believe. Again, whether it's true or not is irrelevant, it's what sparked the movement. And again you are showing your bias by not accepting this really simple easy to accept fact. You brought up death threats for feelings points again, but this is a facts issue... I don't think you'll ever understand...
Show me the sources that say he reviewed her game then, if all the sources say that it should be an easy point to prove.

Shiki_

Banned
Apr 20, 2018
lmao are you for real? Ask yourself why this thread was closed and why certain individiuals were banned in this site because they think Gamergate is something legit and good. Even post-exodus the mods and staff here knows Gamergate is a hack movement.

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
Show me the sources that say he reviewed her game then
I never made that claim. I made the claim that she was a developer and he was a reviewer, and sources seem to confirm that. I never claimed that he reviewed her game, I spent the last two posts telling you how irrelevant that point is...

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
lmao are you for real? Ask yourself why this thread was closed and why certain individiuals were banned in this site because they think Gamergate is something legit and good. Even post-exodus the mods and staff here knows Gamergate is a hack movement.
I never said gamergate was "legit and good", far from it. I'm just discussing how it started...

Apr 27, 2018
I never made that claim. I made the claim that she was a developer and he was a reviewer, and sources seem to confirm that. I never claimed that he reviewed her game, I spent the last two posts telling you how irrelevant that point is...
He wasn't even really a reviewer, he wrote op eds for Kotaku.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
Maybe just maybe it was also for another reason? I also was very positive about Gamergate while also condemning the few hateful people (I have showed were only 0.6% of accounts associated with GamerGate. During my time there found a ton of great people online with very liberal views as well. I was never part of some harassing group because the core of GamerGate did not harass people IMO. And I have not been banned or warned for it.

As for the starting point. I think it shows more that there was some legitimacy there since now you see actual notes about the author's and the involved person's relationship.

Last edited:

404Ender

Jun 17, 2006
FTFY (But gamergate born to expose a corrupt woman dev.)
I don't know all the details, but that's how it started
I obviously read the details since I'm talking about it... What I can say for sure though, is that the name gamergate itself comes from a scandal, that scandal being the fact that a developer fucked a reviewer, long story short.
Again, I didn't say that it was indeed an example of corruption in journalism, I'm saying that was how it was taken and that's what started it. Whether it was true or not is completely irrelevant.
This is hilarious.

"Gamergate started because of a corrupt woman game developer. I don't know all the details. But actually I read them. And I'm certain that it started because this dev fucked a reviewer. I'm not saying that's necessarily true though, or that it's even an example of corruption. But that's definitely the main reason it started."

I'm sure the Obama Birther movement was just started because of some concerned citizens wanting to protect the integrity of the office of the president of the United States and the constitution, right? That's what those people said in their arguments, so it must be the facts.

Last edited:

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
This is hilarious.

"Gamergate started because of a corrupt woman game developer. I don't know all the details. But actually I read them. And I'm certain that it started because this dev fucked a reviewer. I'm not saying that's necessarily true though, or that it's even an example of corruption. But that's definitely the main reason it started."

I'm sure the Obama Birther movement was just started because of some concerned citizens wanting to protect the integrity of the office of the president of the United States and the constitution, right? That's what those people said in their arguments, so it must be the facts.
The dev did not fuck this "journalist" they however had a very close friendship and as a normal journalist outside of the gaming industry back then you had not note this in your article. However the whole Zoe thing was also just like the last straw about something what was lingering for a few years already and it really exploded with the gamers are dead articles.

404Ender

Jun 17, 2006
The dev did not fuck this "journalist" they however had a very close friendship and as a normal journalist outside of the gaming industry back then you had not note this in your article. However the whole Zoe thing was also just like the last straw about something what was lingering for a few years already and it really exploded with the gamers are dead articles.
Tell that to BANGS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
This is hilarious.

Maybe I didn't make it clear enough in the several posts where I said that the truth was irrelevant. The movement started because a dev was accused of fucking a reviewer and corrupting the media. Simple as that. Whatever actually happened is irrelevant in the eyes of those that started the movement.

404Ender

Jun 17, 2006
Maybe I didn't make it clear enough in the several posts where I said that the truth was irrelevant. The movement started because a dev was accused of fucking a reviewer and corrupting the media. Simple as that. Whatever actually happened is irrelevant in the eyes of those that started the movement.
Ok, so at best you're admitting that the movement was potentially started on a complete fabrication of the truth.

I'm just not exactly sure what point you're trying to make? You corrected another poster's version of why this movement started, yet you still admit you're not sure of the truth yourself. If it was started based on false accusations, how can you be so certain that's the real reason it began? At that point you're just taking the instigators' word for it that they really believed the accusations were true.

prag16

Jul 12, 2012
How'd I know you'd respond? im allowed to criticize a thread. And no I don't care to add to the circle jerk, but it's obvious .
Well technically that could fall under thread whining, which violates the TOS.

If you think it's a circle jerk / echo chamber then add your diverse viewpoint into the mix. Otherwise you're providing no value, via your drive by thread complaining.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016
Ok, so at best you're admitting that the movement was potentially started on a complete fabrication of the truth.

I'm just not exactly sure what point you're trying to make? You corrected another poster's version of why this movement started, yet you still admit you're not sure of the truth yourself. If it was started based on false accusations, how can you be so certain that's the real reason it began? At that point you're just taking the instigators' word for it that they really believed the accusations were true.
My point was simply to point out the fact that the movement wasn't started simply to harass women for the sake of it. That's not something you would need a scandal to trigger and get people behind. It started because people were concerned about ethical problems in gaming journalism, and that scandal was the final straw for those people so they rallied behind it. Whether the scandal was a fabrication or not is irrelevant. People didn't rally behind a non-existent cause just for an excuse to harass people online. You don't need reason to do that, you can just do it...

Thizz

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
No. We’ve seen how successful the right has been since embracing authoritarianism and we want a piece of that action.

Can’t wait till we get to forced gender reassignment. Gamergaters first of course. :)

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018
People didn't rally behind a non-existent cause just for an excuse to harass people online. You don't need reason to do that, you can just do it...
They did. You're right you don't need an excuse, but having one makes it way easier to amass a huge following of ignorant people to join in your harassment, and also to justify your harassment to those who criticize it. It's what, 3 years later and you were in here completely unaware that a developer fucking a reviewer never even happened. Their excuse worked, and still works because people don't do any fact checking. That shit was easily disproven as soon as GG started, seeing as there was never a Nathan Grayson review of Depression Quest (which is a fucking free Twine game anyway)

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
They did. You're right you don't need an excuse, but having one makes it way easier to amass a huge following of ignorant people to join in your harassment, and also to justify your harassment to those who criticize it. It's what, 3 years later and you were in here completely unaware that a developer fucking a reviewer never even happened. Their excuse worked, and still works because people don't do any fact checking. That shit was easily disproven as soon as GG started, seeing as there was never a Nathan Grayson review of Depression Quest (which is a fucking free Twine game anyway)
So was the harassment stigma the media tried to create.

Again only 0.6% of accounts associated with gamergate were part of any harassment.

Thizz

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
GG was started by virgins who were angry that women were involved in the video game industry.

Any other story is a lie made up by said virgins.

BANGS

Banned
Dec 13, 2016

Again only 0.6% of accounts associated with gamergate were part of any harassment.
Both valid points.

But Jetlag, you're ignoring the fact that even ignorant people joining in for a non existent cause is still people rallying for a cause... So nothing I've said previously is wrong lol. It's no different than BLM...

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018

Where'd you get that statistic?

Edit: and @BANGS a ton of the shit you said was wrong. Starting with your FTFY calling Zoe Quinn a "corrupt developer"

Last edited:

Thizz

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
That “study” is pure trash fake news. Anyone who believes it is a sheep fake news moron.

ALL gg supporters are neckbeard loser virgins who blame women for their lack of social skills. ALL of them. 100%

Last edited: