Liberals, please stop allowing Authoritarians to hijack the Left.

Well technically that could fall under thread whining, which violates the TOS.

If you think it's a circle jerk / echo chamber then add your diverse viewpoint into the mix. Otherwise you're providing no value, via your drive by thread complaining.
I have posted my viewpoint . After criticizing the recent threads randomly critiquing the left I was told I must be biased . When asked who I am biased towards because I'm not a dem or republican , no one had anything else to say. Because apparently if I call out the obvious circle jerk in this thread I MUST BE A CRAZY LEFTY.

I’m sorry to offend you Dunkibangs. I forget this new generation is very soft and sensitive and can’t take criticism. I promise never to talk to you again. :)

I’m sorry to offend you Dunkibangs. I forget this new generation is very soft and sensitive and can’t take criticism. I promise never to talk to you again. :)
You have not offended me. I am just to old and tired to start these insulting flame conversations. You can talk to me whenever you want but this kind of talking does not help in any way.

That “study” is pure trash fake news. Anyone who believes it is a sheep fake news moron.

ALL gg supporters are neckbeard loser virgins who blame women for their lack of social skills. ALL of them. 100%
Really rational position from which to launch an intellectually honest discussion.

From a study of womenactionmedia
Well, first, I don't like images without the source in a hypervincule format, so I will link the study. That's right, now everyone can see the report without problems.

So I will break what I found in points:
  • There are 9844 accounts, which were recollected from the ggautoblocker list.
  • Those 9844 accounts are potential GamerGate supporters (by associty of key people -> Twitter users who follow to other users).
  • Of the 9844 accounts, there are 538 accounts who are legit harassers.
  • Of such 538 accounts, there are 65 accounts (12% of 538) who were legit related to GamerGate.
  • The other 473 accounts are don't related to GamerGate, but still, they follow GamerGate key people and that's why they are in the ggautoblocker list.
  • From this article (which is from a feminist site, by the way) we know there are 9306 which weren't harassers.
    • But, we don't know how many legit GamerGate accounts are there. Maybe it's 0%!
    • And even those 9306, even if they don't harassed someone, can be still liking/retweeting the harassers actions.

That's right, before someone try to twist my words, I'm right I can't speculate a lot about the last points, but there's a truth: there were 538 accounts who harassed other people users, and the only common there it was they follow GamerGate key people. Even those who can't be proved GamerGate accounts, those accounts somehow are very close to the movement.

The movement was rotted since its birth and always will be.

Last edited:
Why has this devolved into GG discussion instead of criticising @TransientJetlag’s blatant double standard and absurd reasoning for use of the word coon?
Yo it's not my reasoning, it's a thing. When black people say that to eachother it means something completely different. Google that shit.

Edit:. This sums it up pretty good
"The modern reclamation of the word is used as a criticism from one black person towards another to say, basically, "Stop playing up your blackness for the entertainment of white people."

It's kind of like the n word. Means different things when you say it depending on if you're black or not.

Last edited:
Yo it's not my reasoning, it's a thing. When black people say that to eachother it means something completely different. Google that shit.

"The modern reclamation of the word is used as a criticism from one black person towards another to say, basically, "Stop playing up your blackness for the entertainment of white people."

It's kind of like the n word. Means different things when you say it depending on if you're black or not.
So another case of soft bigotry of low expectations then?

Last edited:

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
Yo, not sure if you know but we do have a proper GamerGate related thread. If you and @Dunki/@BANGS want to move over to this thread: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/game...murdering-each-other-about-it.1460965/page-19 we can move this one back on topic. Plus there may be some that are subscribed to that thread in particular that would like to join in on the conversation.

Before this, you had mentioned that the term was similar to "Uncle Tom" when used by black folk. That doesn't make much of a difference as both terms are used to silence/denigrate someone because of their race. It also does not change the matter that the term is still racially charged and should not be used when there are other alternatives (such as the aforementioned "Uncle Tom") and better ways to communicate your point. Ultimately, it is the kind of attack that a child would use because they cannot express their opinion in an adult manner in an adult conversation/debate.

Last edited:
I legit haven't been on gaf for over 6 months, and today I just felt like coming back to see the state of things. I honestly had to log in and respond to this thread to just say thank you OP. Your post really resonated with me how I've been feeling over the last 5-6 years, but I could never put it into words due to my lack of political knowledge and time to really get down to writing about it. I'm absolutely sick to death of current political discourse. Nobody seems to be able to understand each other at all, and definitely have no interest to. I've felt very very tired of it for a very long time. So much so that I decided to stay clear most of the time to discuss politics with anyone online. Now you've identified exactly what I've been experiencing all this time, and it's so refreshing to see it all written out by someone else.

Sorry this post is so gushy, but really I just wanted to say thank you. I want to share this post with so many people I know, because in the end I think that many people who are Liberal fall into the trap of becoming more Authoritarian when if they just spend some time to reflect on their actions and what they say when considering what being Liberal actually is, they'd be horrified.

Nintendo Switch

ESRB rating: Early Childhood (EC)
This issue is getting worse and worse lately. With todays shitstorm against CDPR about literally nothing, Gunn’s firing over dumb jokes, Rosanne firing over a dumb tweet.

I wish we liberals could do something about containing the authoritarians on our side of the political line.

Examples that come to mind, but are not limited to, are:

Right:
Creation of White Ethno States.

Left:
The Banning of all Genders.

To my knowledge no one in the political spectrum is pushing for the left one. Richard Spencer support the Right one.
Both things seem like media driven perceptions. I don't know anyone that fits into either categories(I know that is entirely an anecdotal statement but the prior point remains). Seems like it is just the smallest group that screams the loudest is getting more attention than the whole of the representing party.

Last edited:
This issue is getting worse and worse lately. With todays shitstorm against CDPR about literally nothing, Gunn’s firing over dumb jokes, Rosanne firing over a dumb tweet.

I wish we liberals could do something about containing the authoritarians on our side of the political line.
The Gunn thing is funny. It's a right winger who brought that back into the spotlight but used tactics that the left wing had been employing.

OP was brave enough to post this on Era? Did they nuke it already over there?

There is one thing I definitely go against the left on. I think trans women should be banned from all sports.
That is one they will never pull over most people's eyes. I knew a pretty strongly progressive girl a few years ago, and even she was like, yeah no sorry men can't fight women.

Last edited:
There is one thing I definitely go against the left on. I think trans women should be banned from all sports.
I disagree with you on this. There is 0 reason to ban trans women. Just give them their own division. If we can have a special olympics, why can't we create a division for trans to compete? Let people be competitive, but on an equal playing field.