• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange 2 confirmed by DONTNOD co-founder Alain Damasio

We've been migratory animals, changing without...

Damn so hyped! Absolutely my favorite game this year. I hope we get to see Max again in some form in Season 2, she doesn't have to be a part of the story or anything, but hope she's like an Easter Egg, just see her walking around or at a diner or something.

writeandwrong

Neo Member
I was pretty curious about Life Is Strange when I first heard about it, but ended up being disappointed when Episode One actually came out. If this one isn't full of cringe-inducing "hip" teen dialogue I'd be very interested in giving it another shot.

Still, great news. It will be really hard to live up to the first game's characters and atmosphere, though.

I agree. While I'm excited I'm also wondering if they should have gone with a completely different idea. Will be interesting to see if we still see Max and other familiar characters.

AngryMoth

Awesome. They're going for an anthology format I assume which should work.

LiS was the best surprise of the year for me.

they should do a wholly different power and also a different setting/age of cast

in fact they shouldn't even make a life is strange 2 and just work on something else. this is silly, i loved the game but god damn a sequel?!!

Dr. Buni

I would have preferred a new IP (on the same vein as LiS), but that's still great news. Life is Strange is too good!

Voyevoda

I hope they hire a decent writer for this episode. Maybe even one who "deserves the best stationery" :)

Well, if Damasio is this time lead writer, and not only script consultant, I can tell you he's WAY MORE than decent... Well, he's a novelist, so he might make a bad video game writer, as he said himself in the Utopiales 2015 about Video Games and their ability to convey a message "Novelist make for pretty bad screenwriters" ("Les romanciers font souvent de mauvais scénaristes").

Still, Damasio insisted in many interviews about his books that he always spends time writing a detailed and coherent universe first, and then writing a story inside this universe (having read all his books, I can tell you it is true). La Horde du Contrevent is a masterpiece, with an original and imaginative universe, interesting characters and brilliant dialogue, memorable sequences (Alticcio for those who read it... Fucking A), and incredibly powerful subtext.

He also wrote the whole universe for Remember Me, and, as he says in the interview, only 3% of what he wrote made it into the final game.

So yeah, if Damasio is Lead Writer, it should be more than fine.

Angel_DvA

OMG YES !!! I really love the first season, hope for new characters, location etc...

giphy.gif

dity

A new character with new powers I'd be fine with, But mp1990 posted as if DONTNOD had confirmed it was a new character with time-traveling powers.

I don't think they've confirmed anything like that about the second game, but then again I first heard about it from this thread so who knows. I doubt they'll just do the same thing again though, doesn't seem this studio's style.

Staf

Great game. Will be in my top 3 this year, would have been GOTY if episode 5/ending was the same quality as the other episodes.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
good, I will give it a shot... but Episode 5 destroyed it completely for me. It was terrible :/

I wouldnt go that far but episode 5 was bad. They tried to please everyone instead of just finishing the story and better leave some things unanswered and strange.

Jawmuncher

The way the title is life is strange works as a nicely broad title. I don't want to see the same characters there's no point.

I wouldnt go that far but episode 5 was bad. They tried to please everyone instead of just finishing the story and better leave some things unanswered and strange.

They left loads unanswered, which pissed off a load of other people. Not a perfect ep, but worked for me.

I hope 2 refers to Max in some way.

Gbraga

YAASSSS

Please go full weird with this one, more shit like
the nightmare sequence in episode 5, but in the real world.

Kammie

If this happens, I'd be interested in seeing a supernatural element that isn't time travel. The story (though good) descended into typical tropes about alternate realities, etc. There's only so much ground you can tread with this.

Clegg

I can't see how they'll be able to top the season 1 OST. The music in this game really worked to create a connection between the player and Chloe and Max.

Also it had fucking Sparklehorse. How do you top that?

CHC

Great news. If I remember correctly this studio was on thin ice for a while, so I'm really glad to hear they found their niche. I liked Life is Strange, it had real heart.

YES!!!

Even if it is with a new set of characters this is the best news I've had in ages. LiS is my favourite new IP in probably the last decade!

Top Bottom