• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange 2 Episode 5 or this is what people mean when they do not want politics in their games

Dunki

This is really something else...

While Kojima also wanted to tear down walls and connect more people in the Era of people like Trump and radicalism the geniuses at DontNot decided why should we subtle fuck this we are litterally tearing down Trumps WALL....

This is sooo fucking bad....

GermanZepp

9COGooG.gif

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I don't see what the big deal is. They're just ripping down a portion of the border wall that's probably been there for a long time. Trump has barely built any new actual wall and besides, why deify this fraudster or any politician? It's silly. Just enjoy the video game without digging around looking for offense like some blue-haired ResetEra member playing the latest game.

From a narrative perspective, there's plenty of places they can waltz across the border - even legally and encouraged during certain hours in some cities. No need for these dramatics unless it is required for some reason.

Dunki

I don't see what the big deal is. They're just ripping down a portion of the border wall that's probably been there for a long time. Trump has barely built any new actual wall and besides, why deify this fraudster or any politician? It's silly. Just enjoy the video game without digging around looking for offense like some blue-haired ResetEra member playing the latest game.

From a narrative perspective, there's plenty of places they can waltz across the border - even legally and encouraged during certain hours in some cities. No need for these dramatics unless it is required for some reason.
Because it is fucking awful writing? This is a company that is being praised by so called game "critics" becuase of their writing. And this is the actual quality of it. This is soo fucking cringe and bad. I have not seen such terrible wiritng since Mass Effect Andromeda

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Because it is fucking awful writing? This is a company that is being praised by so called game "critics" becuase of their writing. And this is the actual quality of it. This is soo fucking cringe and bad. I have not seen such terrible wiritng since Mass Effect Andromeda

Do we know anything more than what we've seen in the trailer or am I missing something? I haven't heard anything controversial about this game.

Ravix

Not really surprising, Dontnod has been injecting politics into their games for years. Remember how Vampyr strong arms you into murdering a blatant Trump metaphor?

-Arcadia-

Banned
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

The first Life is Strange is one of my favorite games ever. This second one really has failed to come remotely close to that in every metric imaginable, including going full woke. They can’t even get this stuff out on time.

This has been the biggest crash and burn I’ve seen from a developer in a long time.

Nobody is even going to care about Life is Strange 3, if it gets made, unless they somehow go back to the story of the first game (or at least a sufficiently interesting world and characters), drop the TDS, and figure out how to actually make something good again.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
You haven't heard anything controversial about a game with a liberal agenda, I can't believe it, how odd, what are the chances, i wonder why that would be...

Is it an agenda or merely a group of writers telling a story that triggers you for whatever personal reason? I ask because I see over reactions to benign games from both the left and right like this all of the time.

-Arcadia-

Banned
why deify this fraudster or any politician? It's silly.

Who in this thread is deifying Trump? You’re projecting your views of people with different opinions into the thread, and declaring them reality.

Just enjoy the video game without digging around looking for offense like some blue-haired ResetEra member playing the latest game.

Do we know anything more than what we've seen in the trailer or am I missing something? I haven't heard anything controversial about this game.

Hey guys, I haven’t played, or looked into this game in any remotely in-depth manner, but you who have, are all blue-haired ResetEra members for criticizing it.

‘K.

Kadayi

Banned

Pretty sure Dunki hasn't played this game. He trolled about this shit before with equally inflammatory click bait posts at any whiff of an opportunity to whine because its not the continuing adventures of Max and Chloe, as if anyone with a concence chose the let Chloe live option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, Tell Me Why is going to be insufferable, isn't it?

I can already see the ending... it's just a black screen with white text: "TRANS RIGHTS", and the Kotakus and Polygons of the world will make it their agenda to prop up the game as often as possible while the rest of the gaming community ignores it.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Who in this thread is deifying Trump? You’re projecting your views of people with different opinions into the thread, and declaring them reality.

Hey guys, I haven’t played, or looked into this game in any remotely in-depth manner, but you who have, are all blue-haired ResetEra members for criticizing it.

‘K.

Suggesting that this completely unrelated scene is somehow related to a politician, then defending said politician without context is deifying them. Associating the border to Trump (who only just started caring about this decades-old entity a few years ago) has to come to anyone as weird. Right?

I've played episodes one and two. Not sure how you figured I hadn't played the game from my previous responses.

And again, rushing to defense of some politician while not knowing the actual context of the scene is precisely the same kind of shit blue-haired ResetEra goers do. Sorry if that makes you do some self reflection. Maybe not do that? Just a thought.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Suggesting that this completely unrelated scene is somehow related to a politician

Can’t imagine why somebody would associate a border wall with Trump, also in a game with a history of anti-Trump activism, including a villainous, racist ‘Trump supporter’ that lands in violent conflict with the two leading children.
then defending said politician

Once again, who is defending Trump, or even bringing him up in this thread, albeit in an ancillary context? More made-up opponents. Are you looking for something to be outraged about, like a blue-haired ResetEra user?
I've played episodes one and two. Not sure how you figured I hadn't played the game from my previous responses.

It probably has a lot to do with this admittance to being uninformed:
And again, rushing to defense of some politician while not knowing the actual context of the scene is precisely the same kind of shit blue-haired ResetEra goers do. Sorry if that makes you do some self reflection. Maybe not do that? Just a thought.

So, we double down on fake opponents, false projections onto the people of the thread, pretend that what’s happening in the trailer and game isn’t blatantly obvious, and start to get butthurt when called on it.

Well, glad I ascertained that you aren’t worth anyone’s time to talk to. 🤷‍♀️

Could have had a conversation here, and learned something from each other, but you seem to be too hopped up on your ‘both sides’ ego trip, or particular agenda, to even consider it.

Have fun sitting at the empty lunch table.

Ascend

I see no issue here...

Why is this seen as an attack on Trump's wall in the first place?
Yeah, the plan of the boys after their father was killed was always to go to Mexico. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. It is quite a different scenario though. The wall was to keep Mexicans out, not keep them in the US.

I don't see the tearing down of the wall as some sort of political statement because, it simply makes sense in the setting, and the goal is not to somehow enable what Trump was trying to prevent.

I understand why it raises some eyebrows... But we really have to stop being so easily offended, or seeing everything as some sort of political statement.

Can’t imagine why somebody would associate a border wall with Trump, also in a game with a history of anti-Trump activism, including a villainous, racist ‘Trump supporter’ that lands in violent conflict with the two leading children.
Does it really have a history of Anti-Trump activism? What examples do you have?
How was that dude a Trump Supporter? I never made that connection while I was playing the game. I simply saw him as an asshole and that's it.

Disclaimer: Those are all honest questions. As someone from a small Caribbean Island, I have zero stake in being pro or anti Trump.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

Once again, who is defending Trump, or even bringing him up in this thread, albeit in an ancillary context? More made-up opponents. Are you looking for something to be outraged about, like a blue-haired ResetEra user?

It probably has a lot to do with this admittance to being uninformed:

So, we double down on fake opponents, false projections onto the people of the thread, pretend that what’s happening in the trailer and game isn’t blatantly obvious, and start to get butthurt when called on it.

Well, glad I ascertained that you aren’t worth anyone’s time to talk to. 🤷‍♀️

Could have had a conversation here, and learned something from each other, but you seem to be too hopped up on your ‘both sides’ ego trip, or particular agenda, to even consider it.

Have fun sitting at the empty lunch table.

Border security has been a thing for a long time. Trump has inserted it into the zeitgeist of the uninformed but that doesn't mean the majority of informed voters associate it with him

The thread immediately defends Trump. Let's not be disingenuous.

I erected no straw men. Furthermore there's no blatant political messages of any kind in that trailer.

Well, people who argue within your circles often tell others they're not worth talking to once people like me prove you wrong. I wish this wasn't the case but I know I can't change your mind in a discussion forum post.

We can still have a conversation. You're just bizarrely aggressive. Like a dorky teenage boy.

All you're missing is a cringey pepe meme image reply.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Does it really have a history of Anti-Trump activism? What examples do you have?
How was that dude a Trump Supporter? I never made that connection while I was playing the game. I simply saw him as an asshole and that's it.

Disclaimer: Those are all honest questions. As someone from a small Caribbean Island, I have zero stake in being pro or anti Trump.

Sure they are, lol.

It’s a good opportunity to provide something that most of the thread hasn’t seen, though.

EZDT2XX.jpg

Bonus Jackspedicey eye roll.

So is this the part where we pretend that isn’t a Trump slogan, or a major part of the political identity for him and his supporters?

-Arcadia-

Banned
Border security has been a thing for a long time. Trump has inserted it into the zeitgeist of the uninformed but that doesn't mean the majority of informed voters associate it with him

I erected no straw men. Furthermore there's no blatant political messages of any kind in that trailer.

Well, people who argue within your circles often tell others they're not worth talking to once people like me prove you wrong. I wish this wasn't the case but I know I can't change your mind in a discussion forum post.

We can still have a conversation. You're just bizarrely aggressive. Like a dorky teenage boy.

There we go. The triple down, and the image of what the poster actually believes beginning to come into focus. Although the misgendering hate crime certainly was a surprise.

VKYFM3G.jpg

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
There we go. The triple down, and the image of what the poster actually believes beginning to come into focus. Although the misgendering hate crime certainly was a surprise.

VKYFM3G.jpg

And there it is. Devolving a proper discussion forum exchange down to a throwaway 4chan post from 2013. I expected no less.

If the developers have functioning brain cells, they know this trailer will earn them precious woke points. If they're even smarter, they'll also realize it has the added bonus of outrage clicks.

The first game was a masterstroke of entertaining cheese. Nathan Prescott was hilarious.

Is it an agenda or merely a group of writers telling a story that triggers you for whatever personal reason? I ask because I see over reactions to benign games from both the left and right like this all of the time.
I will actually give you that agenda probably wasn't the right word. I would need a lot of context to see if they are preaching or if its just a part of the story.

Regardless, my point stands

wolywood

People love getting up in arms about "hurr durr to much politickin in muh gamez" while plonking down $60 for the latest Call of Duty military glorification/recruitment tool.

zeorhymer

Aren't the kids going to Mexico or something? You know the border wall existed way before Trump. Am I missing something here?

Dunki

People love getting up in arms about "hurr durr to much politickin in muh gamez" while plonking down $60 for the latest Call of Duty military glorification/recruitment tool.
COD also tells a stupid story and does not hammer you on the head with all the political bullshit all the time. COD does not sell you a black and white story in the end.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Okay I could care less about the politics, but my real question is why is that one kid a pirate

Last edited:

Katsura

Super_f81a15_760366.jpg

Just here to shill a AA narritave/adventure game that a lot of people should support instead.
The Council
the-council-screen-01-ps4-us-5mar2018

A great occult story set in the late 18th century with Light RPG elements and historical characters like George Washington and Napoleon Bonaparte.
It's really great and you can find the 1st episode for around 2$ on PSN and i'm gussing Steam and Xbox live.

Saruhashi

Banned

This is really something else...

While Kojima also wanted to tear down walls and connect more people in the Era of people like Trump and radicalism the geniuses at DontNot decided why should we subtle fuck this we are litterally tearing down Trumps WALL....

This is sooo fucking bad....

As much as I am of the opinion that they can put whatever politics they want in their game, this is bloody hilarious.

Ivory Blood

Just here to shill a AA narritave/adventure game that a lot of people should support instead.
The Council
the-council-screen-01-ps4-us-5mar2018

A great occult story set in the late 18th century with Light RPG elements and historical characters like George Washington and Napoleon Bonaparte.
It's really great and you can find the 1st episode for around 2$ on PSN and i'm gussing Steam and Xbox live.
They are also making a VtM game in the style of The Council.

Top Bottom