• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm | Review Thread

benzopil

TheSixthAxis -- No score yet

Despite many expectations, revisiting a younger Chloe Price and Arcadia Bay is very rewarding for fans of Life Is Strange. Deck Nine have found a story of discovery, growth and friendship that’s well worth telling, and doing so in a delightfully unexpected manner. Especially if you’re already a fan of the series, Life Is Strange: Before The Storm is easily recommended and I’m eager to see what’s next.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I'm glad the game is being well received, but I really, really don't need a prequel to Life is Strange. The story was perfect as it was. The aspects of it that were left unexplored are better left unexplored.

Gunblade47

Neo Member
Please dont let the ending
retroactively ruin this game for me like it did in the first. I loved it but I cant bring myself to replay it now.

Chloe was my least favourite character in the first game except for the start of chapter 4. Was gonna ignore this one because it focused on her but what Im here so far is peaking my interest.

Edit: Did they replace the old dev studio on this one? Thats a bit extreme if they did.

terrible

Banned
I honestly don't think a prequel was needed at all yet this episode was actually really good. I'm looking forward to the last two episodes + bonus episode now after being super skeptical prior to the release of episode 1. Deck Nine has managed the impossible so far, kudos to them. Somehow even the soundtrack in this is as fitting as the soundtrack in the original. I'm very impressed.

To anyone that liked the first game: buy this. I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy it.

NeoRaider

Steam reviews so far:

aUp0OIQ.png

Chrisdk

I'm not liking that they are keeping the Max episode behind the deluxe edition. I'm gonna wait like i always do and buy it when every episode is out. I really dislike when they release games as episodes. Way too much time between them and i always end up forgetting something. I much rather finish the game over a couple of days so i'm in the universe.

benzopil

I'm not liking that they are keeping the Max episode behind the deluxe edition. I'm gonna wait like i always do and buy it when every episode is out. I really dislike when they release games as episodes. Way too much time between them and i always end up forgetting something. I much rather finish the game over a couple of days so i'm in the universe.

I dunno, I think if I've played original LiS when all episodes were already out, it wouldn't be so fun. But to each their own.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

same going to hold off until all the episodes are out so i can go through them all in one go.

as for the Max episode is it playable now or will it release after the 3rd episode?

NeoRaider

For Telltale games i usually wait for all episodes to be released. But i played LiS episode by episode as they were released and i never forgot anything.

Actually when i think about it, waiting for the episodes, talking online between the episodes with other players about everything, reading fan theories... was great experience, all that was part of the experience. There was usually 7-8 weeks gap between each episode and it didn't really felt that long.

TheDanger

Banned
On the train.
Rachel says "You're hella mysterious Chloe Price" and Chloe replies "Hella? Who says that? So the origin of hella is, it was a word used by Rachel, it's a Cali thing.

oh I remember this actually, just didn't think of it, I'm a moron. Thank you.

So, are there any
supernatural
elements in the story so far?

Spoilers obviously. (2nd spoiler embedded, click to the left first)
It's heavily implied. Also, some speculation and theory so far:
that Rachel is literally the storm in the first game or caused helped bring it about. The heavily implied I mentioned is that her emotions appear to be controlling the wind at the end.

Top Bottom