• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm soundtrack composed by Daughter

takoyaki

5988465515708yir8h.jpg

Eurogamer said:
Life is Strange: Before the Storm's soundtrack is composed by British folk rock band Daughter. [...]

This week, publisher Square Enix announced that Daughter would release an entire original score album for Before the Storm.

-source

Daughter x Life is Strange Promo (YT)

First Song from the soundtrack (YT)

Spotify

Apple Music

Up for pre-order on iTunes (full release September 1)

Also check out their most recent album “Not To Disappear”, it’s very good and you can totally see why Square Enix decided to work with Daughter on the new LiS OST.

Never heard of Daughter until now. From what I've heard so far from trailers, and their YouTube channe,l it sounds like it will fit very well within the Life is Strange universe. :D

takoyaki

The band worked almost non-stop for the first half of 2017 writing and recording the score with Tonra and Haefeli plugging away in a rented studio together while drummer Remi Aguilella recorded his parts from his home base in Portland, Ore. Despite the long distance collaborating, Tonra proudly declares “it sounds really together.”

Before The Storm is actually the perfect fit for a contemporary band to accompany as it revolves around a relatable teenage rebel in a modern, real-world story.

Along with filling out the story’s mythology and time-bending themes, the new installment aims to keep the series grounded in an accessible storyline. At times, Tonra saw the series’ adherence to reality in her own writing for the score.

“There are a few songs where I started writing from the main character Chloe’s perspective and slowly finding myself morphing the song into one of my own teenage memories or talking about her grief and relating it to someone I miss terribly,” Tonra tells Billboard. “I would get to the end of the song and think ‘Oh dear. I’m talking about that person again’ but it made it an unexpectedly therapeutic experience.”

The first release from the soundtrack “Burn It Down” was released Tuesday (Aug. 8). The rousing track signals a massive leap for the band, but also suggests a score that will be unlike anything else in the video game world.

Music From Before The Storm will serve as the official soundtrack and will be available Sept. 1 via Glassnote Records.

=> more on billboard

Oh wow, I thought they just had a song in the reveal trailer, didn't realize they were doing the entire soundtrack. Will definitely be picking that up!

Probably play the game too!

Top Bottom