• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns Final Fantasy 13 E3 2013 Gameplay Demo

Akito

lol it's not a hippie hat,it's a hillbillie hat :p ;)....

Looking better and better each time we see it,I think this will turn out great(I hope).
I was referring to this outfit, hippie is the best description I could think of for this... mess

cew4r1o8einaal55y.jpg

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Hopefully btw I can set her main outfit as the one for cutscenes... goddamn.

cj_iwakura

I just hope this is the precursor to a final game starring the main cast and the paradigm system again, but I don't think Square are that smart.

Perfo

Just confirmed: save files of XIII and XIII-2 grants Light's 1st and 2nd outfits from her earlier games. COOL.

The costumes look like shit. All of them. There are some really nice elements here and there, but overall they look way too busy. On the plus side...seems you can customize them, so that's that.

Her default outfit is actually not that bad if it hadn't been for these white...things. I dunno what else to call them. The pseudo-trousers are especially horrible.

Having said that, I found the 15 Minute video very cool. It looks good enough to me (srsly don't get the complaints, do ppl seriously expect mainline-graphics???), the battle system looks like there will be some cool fights and I like that the level design seems somewhat interactive in contrast to the XIII safari.

Her slutty victory pose was ace xD I was expecting more shakey shakey to be honest.

And: I have high hopes for the OST. I have been listening to some XIII-2 tracks since launch and if they can pull off something like New Bodhum again, then I can die as a happy man.

Perfo

Screenshot ingame function announced. You can take snapshots and share them online.

The combat at least looks different...even if they just adjusted a few of the mechanics. But is clearly not 100% new. I was hoping free movement, no slowly walking sideways...

Muffdraul

If I was going to play this, I'd have to force myself to finish FFXIII-2 first. Don't think that's gonna happen. It does look very pretty, at least. But what doesn't these days?

If I was going to play this, I'd have to force myself to finish FFXIII-2 first. Don't think that's gonna happen. It does look very pretty, at least. But what doesn't these days?

How much have you played of XIII-2? I think that especially chapter 5 was very well done.

I wasn't impressed with the initial two hours, but then I enjoyed the silly plot and wanted to see where they were going. Perhaps you should try it again, I think it's a good jRPG that is worth playing for the mechanics alone, even if you neither enjoy story nor characters.

Perfo

Yuna's summoner outfit confirmed. More from FF's past characters will come.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
That looks quite hideous...Her hair just does not match with many of the outfits...

Perfo

I wonder if also weapons are being remade. Staffs?

Best fanservice evah btw. Every fan should scream.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
SE really does know ow to please their Lightning audience

ibiQyKM60lKS1P.gif

I hate Lightning and this game looks terrible but..that stomach....

Okay going on media blackout so I'm not tricked into buying this kusoge.

They're missing an outfit choice, though.

J8YPEak.gif

Shinta

Banned
See this is just wrong to me - it's so unlike Lightning to ever pull a sexual pose like that, it's like watching my mum do it :/

They're just having fun with it. Don't overthink it.

She has 100 outfits apparently, and so far each one has had a unique win pose. It has a fashion show aspect to it, like X-2 did. She's posing in her outfit. Big deal. Wear a different one if you don't like that pose!

And to think, we can customize all the colors too, and then add accessories on top as well. This game is going to have TONS of customization stuff. It's no wonder they put in a screenshot feature. People are going to come up with all kinds of combinations probably.

Trigger

I'm such a sucker for costumes and dressing characters.

SE has hit my weak spot. D:

See this is just wrong to me - it's so unlike Lightning to ever pull a sexual pose like that, it's like watching my mum do it :/

Yeah, it doesn't really fit the more serious girl we've come to know in the previous games. It seems more like a pose Serah or Vanille would do.

Lain

I like what I see. I like it a lot. Though, it could use some AA, because as it is, it's looking a bit too rough, but everything else has me damn excited.

So wear the more serious outfits.

Well so far we have Equilibrium, Dark Muse, a royal gown, rumors of a jester suit, rumors of a school girl outfit, and we've got a fanservice Sorcerer costume. Shadow Dust is the only half-way decent one. So I'm kinda SOL right now, aren't I?

Famassu

This is why I don't trust the FFXV footage.

This looks like absolute shit, and 15 looks incredible.
One is a somewhat rushed product (Lightning Returns has only been in development for about a year) on inferior hardware using dated tools that can't handle open-world really well, other is a next-gen project that has been in development for longer from the superior team using custom-made tools to handle a more open world.

Shinta

Banned
Well so far we have Equilibrium, Dark Muse, a royal gown, rumors of a jester suit, rumors of a school girl outfit, and we've got a fanservice Sorcerer costume. Dark muse is the only half-way decent one. So I'm kinda SOL right now, aren't I?

Well they have the original one from XIII, and the XIII-2 one. And this one.

And this one looks cool.

And they have tons left they haven't unveiled yet. Plus you can add accessories to existing ones, so there's a little room for alterations. We don't know what all the outfits are yet. It'll be fine.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
SE really does know ow to please their Lightning audience

ibiQyKM60lKS1P.gif

Outfits are nice, proven i can skip the most retarded ones.
But this animation as fanfare.. oh, saint god. Someone take the keys off Toriyama asap.

Top Bottom