• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns planned to launch on PC in December

https://twitter.com/LRFF13/status/656020170830286848

From the official Japanese Lightning Returns Twitter handle.

北瀬Pです。windows PC版 LRFFXIII開発状況のご報告です。現在は最終仕上げの段階におり完成まで後少しです。このままですと12月頃に発売ができそうです。秋頃とお伝えしておきながら、お待たせしてしまい申し訳ありません。詳細決まり次第、ご報告させていただきます。

Google translation:
Kitase P is. It is a Windows PC version LRFFXIII development status reports. Currently are in the finishing stages until after a bit. And this still seems to be able release around December. Autumn said, while keeping you waiting, sorry. We will report more information soon.

Bing translation:
Kitase P is. It is a Windows PC version LRFFXIII development status reports. Currently are in the finishing stages until after a bit. And this still seems to be able release around December. Autumn said, while keeping you waiting, sorry. We will report more information soon.

make me marry Nomura if old

KainXVIII

Return of the Goddess to PC!

tumblr_inline_ng1gt3s0nD1rv7szw.gif

Tizoc

Does it state if the team who worked on Type-0 HD worked on this port?
Looking forward to the mod support for this game :V

TheTux

Can't wait to replay this on PC.

For some reason I don't expect this to be a bad port like XIII-2.

Does it state if the team who worked on Type-0 HD worked on this port?
Looking forward to the mod support for this game :V
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think HexaDrive is involved in this.

Funny. I was looking for informations about this 1 hour ago.

Also, I think the port was just delayed because no one working on it. Expect sth in line with FFXIII and XIII-2.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
北瀬Pです。windows PC版 LRFFXIII開発状況のご報告です。現在は最終仕上げの段階におり完成まで後少しです。このままですと12月頃に発売ができそうです。秋頃とお伝えしておきながら、お待たせしてしまい申し訳ありません。詳細決まり次第、ご報告させていただきます。
Non-machine translation:
Kitase P here, to report the current status of the development of the PC version of FFXIII LR.
We are currently putting the finishing touches to the game and it will take a bit more time until it's complete. We should able to release it around December.
I'm terribly sorry for the late release despite saying that the game will be out in Autumn.
We will share more details with you at a later date.

sure why not. i'll play it. lightning is cool. i played 13, thought it was all right. i didn't play 13-2 cos it looked like too much anime for me. lightning returns is basically an action game right?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Xenoblade Chronicles X will be released in December too. Terrible timing, SE :(.
Yeah that lucrative Wii U-owning/non-PS3-owning/Steam gamer is going to be confused what to play. All 4 of them.

Crzy1

Cool, it's about time. Hopefully they've spent the extra time getting this port right, the others weren't so good. Type-0 was a bit better, but still a long ways off from good.

BocoDragon

Should I play this if I haven't touched XIII-2?

I almost finished XIII.
I don't think it's that critical to have played any of the games.

All the XIII and XIII-2 characters appear and it sends them off... But the nature of the world scenario is such that it's almost like they've shown up after a long hiatus and are playing new roles altogether.

And in another sense.... Don't worry about XIII series' story at all. Doesn't matter.

I almost finished XIII.

stop continuously buying games and finish the ones you've got, friend

they don't need your money. chill out. lightning's always gonna be here waiting for you. she can't move on her own. that's what makes a bunch of sickos love her so much.

Enthus

I have until December to beat XIII-2, then. I wonder if my game still has terrible audio syncing issues.

I might as well beat the rest of the FF games on Steam that I haven't finished yet, too. The After Years is going to be a struggle.

BocoDragon

Terrible timing for me : between XenoX and LR, excuuuse me princess, but I'll choose XenoX first.
Probably the right choice.

I like LR, but if you're playing it on Steam long after the original release already, it can wait...

Oh, it's a good timing for me then =X

I wouldn't be able to play if it came out sooner.

I'm already struggling with the games I have right now (haven't even started XIII-2).

But December should be good. Hopefully it's the second half of December too =P

I have to see that combat by myself... I don't really doubt it, but I have to see it by myself.

BONKERS

Don't even bother if you aren't going to go back and fix the utter trainwreck of a mess you've left behind for the other XIII games.

I refuse to buy this unless they are fixed and have the FMVs brought on par with the PS3 version with the option to only download FMVs in one language or the other.

Tizoc

Don't even bother if you aren't going to go back and fix the utter trainwreck of a mess you've left behind for the other XIII games.

I refuse to buy this unless they are fixed and have the FMVs brought on par with the PS3 version with the option to only download FMVs in one language or the other.

Well you can delete the video files you don't want from the FF13 steam ver. to save up space.

jb1234

I almost finished XIII.

LR is a direct sequel (more or less) to XIII-2 so in that regard, yeah, it's pretty important to play XIII-2 first. On the other hand, there's nothing about the stories in these games that's comprehensible so you can probably just jump in and you'll be just as confused as the rest of us who have actually played the previous games.

Top Bottom