• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns starts to appear in Los Angeles

Give my FF-X the before chapters

where I play as jecht but its an action game, and its developed by platinum

I always wanted an FFX-3 that followed Jecht's adventures in Spira. It would largely follow the same lines along Tidus' but w/ Jecht, automatically making it better.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
NO!

PLEASE BE EXCITED

Also have your arms at your side, fists clenched and make a pose like the characters in FF 1-6.

Even if you look like a dork.

Hashitmoto did it on stage and so can you!

Is the fragments after book translated? That's probably the only bit of lore I don't have yet on the FNC mythos.

Bits and pieces of it were on Gamefaqs by one of my translators, if you wish I can see if I can recover what was translated for you.

Seance

Banned
ku-xlarge.jpg

I..........

damnit.

Wazzy

Banned
I know nothing of Final Fantasy, but that girl is hot. Why does everyone despise this being SE's big reveal? Is it a sequel to something that was complete crap or what?

Basically in XIII she had almost no personality but she wasn't very offensive then in XIII-2 she barely appears and has even less personality but is presented as the main character for no reason. Now she's getting a third game all to herself and is being touted as this amazing character by Toriyama even thought she's done nothing to earn that praise.

There were way better character's in the original but they instead focus on Lightning.

If they're going to do a prequel for anything I think it's VIII's time to shine. Laguna, Kiros and Ward please.

HeelPower

I would be more interested in an FFX set in Zanarkand and Bevelle.It should end with Zanarkand vs Bevelle war and the rise of SIN.WOW That would be amazing.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
A prequel could work great if it elaborates on GILGY visiting the ruins of Zanarkand and claiming the Muramasa sword he says is the real deal per the XIII-2 Ultimania Omega.

Oh Final Fantasy 13, how disappointing you have been for me. Square needs to kill you, let you die. FF13 has ruined Final Fantasy on this console generation. I rented 13 after lackluster reviews, returned it after seeing how linear and townless it was and kept saying oh I'll return to Final Fantasy when they realease versus or when they do the next one after the mmo I have no interest in. But no, like some sick dream I hear nothing about a new Fiinal Fantasy. Instead, 3 fucking games about the one Final Fantasy I and many other FF fans simply have zero interest in. Godamnit Square, you make me so sad.

I've actually warmed back up to JRPG's lately. I feel like I can actually sit through the stories and the dialogue and sort of appreciate it for what it is.

But I still think FF XIII was an insufferable piece of shit, and I can't believe they turned it into a franchise of its own. It is completely baffling.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I just read through all that crap. Embrace the Asinine.

I liked the
When Lightning is made one with Etro, it is also revealed that Etro saw Lightning and her friends as sinners for killing other people as l'Cie, regardless that they only killed in self-defense, as Etro cherishes every life.

Really confirms my fears.

If his focus was finding Serah then why did he leave her?

So the fal'cie actually clearly gave him a focus this time and not bullshit visions?

I liked the
When Lightning is made one with Etro, it is also revealed that Etro saw Lightning and her friends as sinners for killing other people as l'Cie, regardless that they only killed in self-defense, as Etro cherishes every life.

That's stupid.

Midou

During her duel with Mog, Lightning is reminded of a childhood memory of a boy that picked on Serah, and how Lightning made sure he never bothered Serah again.

It says this one isn't a spoiler. Why is she fighting mog?

Another is Etro
killing herself to get daddy BunnyBelts attention

What the hell?

Why the fuck would Bunnybooty care, he hates Etro!

What the fuck man.

During her duel with Mog, Lightning is reminded of a childhood memory of a boy that picked on Serah, and how Lightning made sure he never bothered Serah again.

Lightning killed a little kid?

When will the K-Pop era of Final Fantasy be over? I was hoping for a return to classic FF by now. Airships, Edward, crossbows and chocobos that aren't women dressed as furries.

MogCakes

Mog's backstory is in a sidequest chain in XIII-2, basically says that he was pulled from his world by chaos and ended up on the shores of valhalla. The rule is that the weak serve the strong, so he tries to battle around to improve his lot in the place but fails everytime. He challenges Lightning to a battle of rock paper scissors and loses.

Midou

Mog's backstory is in a sidequest chain in XIII-2, basically says that he was pulled from his world by chaos and ended up on the shores of valhalla. The rule is that the weak serve the strong, so he tries to battle around to improve his lot in the place but fails everytime. He challenges Lightning to a battle of rock paper scissors and loses.

So then she kills him for losing?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
When will the K-Pop era of Final Fantasy be over? I was hoping for a return to classic FF by now. Airships, Edward, crossbows and chocobos that aren't women dressed as furries.

Type 0 and Bravely Default. Your welcome.

-----------------

Funny thing about Mog losing is he lost to Valfodr but was deemed too much of a weakass to serve anything.

And judging since Valfodr is all respectful for the most part towards GILGY I can assume GILGY whooped him a good one.

jett

D-Member
Lightning's beautiful face is starting to appear near the E3 expo, Los Angeles. Is this their front game for this year? I hope so, the game right now sounds the most interesting in their announced line-up afterall.

That is some sad-ass shit.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Alright that's fine.

But let's get back to the issue of Lightning murdering children.

No no. I think this goes back to the Gran Pulse IQ level average when it's revealed most of them lost their intelligence when the original "Big Fat Meanie Farron" punched them resulting in brain damage.

Hence the build Academia over the Crystal Moon ready to collapse on our heads thing.

MogCakes

Hence the build Academia over the Crystal Moon ready to collapse on our heads thing.

Yeah I don't understand that. "A planetoid literally thousands of kilometers in diameter is suspended in the air by a singular crystal pillar that's slowly eroding. LET'S BUILD A CITY UNDERNEATH"

Toth

Time for some explanations:

Yeah I don't understand that. "A planetoid literally thousands of kilometers in diameter is suspended in the air by a singular crystal pillar that's slowly eroding. LET'S BUILD A CITY UNDERNEATH"

Academia (the original name is never given) was built in 3 AF and built up over 400 years. It was built close to Coccon so the Gran Elevator could be used to transport people and items from Cocoon.

If his focus was finding Serah then why did he leave her?

So the fal'cie actually clearly gave him a focus this time and not bullshit visions?

Thought this was obvious? He left to find Lightning because Serah was convinced she had seen Lightning and no one believed her. He knew she wouldn't be happy without her sister and Lightning's blessing and he himself believed her. It is not clear if he was branded by Cactuar by choice but it did allow him some limited time travel ability. We were supposed to learn of his focus from a novel but that never materialized. Given he was fighting in the area, maybe he was just branded to fight for the Fal Cie's amusement?

Another is Etro killing herself to get daddy BunnyBelts attention

She was made with no purpose and with no power. She missed her mother who she resembled. I suppose killing herself gave her some purpose according to Fal Cie logic and showed her father that she existed. After all, she ended up creating humanity as a result.

And that's why Mog is her servant. What was the problem? Its a nice tidbit that she saw an old memory in that hapless moogle.

Top Bottom