• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Like a one man human centipede"

pants

1. Post on GAF telling people to get their warranties ready

I only now realised OP did this.

OP:
qQxZrNS.jpg

Epcott

Caller: Yeah, my PS4 is broken. Can you help me?

Sony Customer Support: Ha ha, get the fuck out of here. Wait, let me call Shu to help you...

Salex_

1. He didn't do any troubleshooting.
2. He didn't post any evidence.
3. Made it seem like this was a widespread problem.
4. Instantly left.

Okay...

Dylx

x2ErC7Ul.jpg

SLdv1r3l.jpg

The light on the ps4 is solid when in use, mine flashes on and off. isn't the red or flashing red of over heating.

They have directed me to re download the 1.50 firmware onto usb.

For those criticizing, if this happens to you (hope it doesn't) refer to this thread for help, skip past the "jokes"...

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
On the other hand I really don't understand why it's so hard for the OP to keep updating this thread.

EDIT: Op just updated. Thanks.

After playing a brief game of NBA 2k14 I quit and inserted my battlefield 4 disk. The system prompted for an update, so while watching the progress bar (Around 20%) my controller light turned from blue to white. Hasn't worked since...

Get those extended warranties ready! and SCEA on speed dial!

That's, uh, very weird.

Did you try pressing the power button for 30 seconds (or more) when powering up the PS4 to access recovery mode (if retail models have it)?

Yeah, I want to see the receipts OP.
It should be illegal to claim to own a PS4 without supplying proof.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like you own a PS4.

The media outlets are eagerly refreshing this thread, gleefully waiting for further details to report on their various sites like hungry, hungry vultures.

Marleyman

Banned
x2ErC7Ul.jpg

SLdv1r3l.jpg

The light on the ps4 is solid when in use, mine flashes on and off. isn't the red or flashing red of over heating.

For those criticizing, if this happens to you (hope it doesn't) refer to this thread for help, skip past the "jokes"...

That sucks; hope it works.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
x2ErC7Ul.jpg

SLdv1r3l.jpg

I'm confused. I thought you did the 1.5 update. Can you explain exactly what happened. Have you tried the safe boot?

Silky

Banned
x2ErC7Ul.jpg

SLdv1r3l.jpg

HERE WE FUCKING GO

B.O.O.M

All hardware have a failure rate. I'm sure few PS4's will mess up at launch too. Not really surprising

For the sake of OP hope it starts working. Less of a hassle for him/her that way

calder

This is what makes me nervous about launch day - if you to to a launch event you know that, no matter how well a console is made, at *least* 2 or 3 people out of every hundred is going to have their nice new device crap out either immediately or in the next few weeks.

I look around and just hope it isn't me. ;)

COD 720p debacle
Low review scores on some first party games
DS4 problems (well that wasn't today but you know)
Now this.

I just read that Kotaku has similar issues, and the sample size is pretty small.

COD 720p is on the devs
Review scores are opinions
DS4 problems? The analog sticks? Those were abused on a show floor
"This" is still unproven.

Top Bottom