• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like creating OT's? Want to have better access to publishers/developers to make them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Hope this doesn't get super ban hammered. I've been talking to some of the publishers I work with about the value of solid |OT| threads and some of them are excited about the prospect of getting those of you who create really robust |OT|s more info to do so.

We're still in the exploratory phase of setting this up but if any of you are interested let's talk about it in this thread.

Cheers,
Tony

Seda

Official Guidelines for Gaming OTs
  • Do not be affiliated in any way with the game in question, whether as a developer, publisher, or marketer.
  • Do not exceed one post in length unless you have a very good reason to.
  • Focus on presenting the facts in a clear and concise manner. You can be stylish, but avoid being bloated, in formatting or bandwidth usage.
  • Avoid letting hype distort your perspective. Don't fellate the game in the thread title or otherwise, doubly so if its marketing budget is reminiscent of Apple's bank statement. It doesn't need it, and you'll come off as a viral.

.... (there's a few bullets omitted)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
unfortunately marketers don't understand the point of this web site.

tell them "Thanks, but no thanks."

Oh man, this is gonna be good.

Though, Rockstar is definitely cool with this. All you have to do is ask. They sent me and Simo the font and a banner for the Max Payne 3 OT

noobasuar

Banned
amazing timing with this thread.

I wouldn't be completely against developers helping out with the OT but I'd rather publishers didn't have a say.

Dresden

I love you man.

I mean, it's probably happening already (cough ubisoft cough), so why not bring it out in the open.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Highly inappropriate to propose this publicly, and explicitly against our rules (as seen above). Crosses the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom