• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lily Bergamo details and screens

Lily Bergamo is set in the near future of 2043. But at the present time, Grasshopper can only share the time period, as the place is still secret. From the trailer you may have noticed that the world feels Japanese. But you might also feel that “it might be American or European” as well, Grasshopper boss Goichi Suda noted.

PlayStation 4 is the platform of choice for Lily Bergamo. According to Morishita, Grasshopper “wants to make the most out of the strengths of online play, and the idea of using smartphones to play has been a big deal.”

Suda also has faith in this functionality. “There will be people who play with PlayStation 4, and there will be people who play with their smartphones,” he said. Suda hopes that people will keep their expectations up for the future announcements.

19vqbe.jpg

2r9qid.jpg

37kpyx.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2013/09/lily-bergamo-protagonist-named-tae-ioroi

art style is great. unsure about the smartphone functionality. but we'll see. hopefully it uses say the playstation app that we can download for ios/android. just for the integration.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
As long as sacrifices aren't made on the real version, they can put out whatever bullshit, watered down, microtransaction filled crap they want for smartphones.

Looks stunning but I'm not putting any faith in the game play delivering.

PlayStation 4 is the platform of choice for Lily Bergamo. According to Morishita, Grasshopper “wants to make the most out of the strengths of online play, and the idea of using smartphones to play has been a big deal.”

This is interesting.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
If this is in-game, it looks amazing. I can only imagine what sort of benefits cel-shading will gain next gen.

Amir0x

Banned
wow if that's in-game. I mean there are definitely aspects of the image that can sorta convince me it is, but that is some seriously insanely effective artistic direction if so.

Looks awesome if that's in-game. I'm stoked to see what cel-shading looks like next gen.

Still laughing internally about Grasshopper's strength "being woman characters."

Prelude.

Suda also has faith in this functionality. “There will be people who play with PlayStation 4, and there will be people who play with their smartphones,” he said. Suda hopes that people will keep their expectations up for the future announcements.
Please don't do anything stupid. Please don't be online only.

Guymelef

For now, i'm pretty sure the game will be announce for XBox One.

Soriku

If this is in-game, it looks amazing. I can only imagine what sort of benefits cel-shading will gain next gen.

Cel-shading is already pretty good on the PS3, on the PS4 cel-shading look great. 1080p alone should help. These types of art styles should be as clean as possible.

Anyway, this part has me a little worried...

I hope it's not a very online-focused game...

weevles

Looks beautiful and promising, but I dunno what to expect after the Killer is Dead turd.

Also, is it bad that now every time I see the word "smartphone" in these forums, my asshole tightens up something fierce?

Omikaru

I am digging the visuals, from an art direction and technical stand point (if that is indeed in-game). But it's still a Suda game, so... hmm. Could be hit or miss.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now.

PureGone

Banned
Deep Down, Yakuza Ishin, Lily Bergamo, Knack?, MGSV and FFXV.

Looks like Japan has a lot to look forward to.

And it seems Suda51 might finally make a good game again

The only detail I want is if it's being localized....Either way, After all these games being revealed, I have to say ps4 has the better exclusives. It was debatable at E3 but now one event after another, more exclusives are being announced and I'm not talking about indie games although they have their own merit. Yakuza ishin looks amazing as well.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Looks absolutely gorgeous. I am interested, but the moment they say the words "online only" I am fucking OUT.

Kinyou

Hype... sort of... deflating?

This isn't an online game, is it?

Looks absolutely gorgeous. I am interested, but the moment they say the words "online only" I am fucking OUT.

Doesn't the PS4 now have the highest number of online only games on any of the next gen consoles?

I certainly didn't see that coming a few months ago....

stryke

I'm going with CG screens on this one but I'm very much looking forward to legit cell shading screenshots on these consoles in the near future.

Top Bottom