• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limbo of the Lost stole from Oblivion, Morrowind, UT2K4, Diablo, Silent Hill, more?

alerus

Neo Member
Chromax said:
They don't look that identical! I think Limbo checks out, don't try to hold a extraordinary game down please. =(
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Either you're a dev/reated-to-dev in which case I need more :lol 's or you seriously need your eyes checked. This is beyond blatant.

And extraordinary??!!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
alerus said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Either you're a dev/reated-to-dev in which case I need more :lol 's or you seriously need your eyes checked. This is beyond blatant.

And extraordinary??!!

There is yet another answer: sarcasm!

oh god, what if that was sarcasm? I am lost! LOST IN LIMBO!

Xabora

Here are the order details.
---------------------------------------------------
Date: 12-June-2008

Amazon Order #: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

1 of Limbo Of The Lost [CD-ROM], $27.99

Shipping & Handling: $2.95

Tax:
Total: $30.94

FUCKYEAH!

neight

Banned
rofl I can't believe this thing is actually becoming a collector's item. When I first checked they were selling for a couple bucks in Amazon Marketplace. I hope the publishers don't give them royalties and sues to get back whatever money they've given them.

minc

If this turns out to not be the most elaborate gaming prank evar and someone successfully gets a hold of this game, PM me here or on my 1UP profile or something. We'd definitely love to get this on Broken Pixels.

Xabora

2qwfv52.jpg

blacktemple-1024x.jpg

Found this posted elsewhere but it matches the borders on many many screens!
It has WoW so it must be addicting.

EDIT: http://dead-code.org/home/
Oh wow, they didn't even code te engine. (Didn't expect em too) :lol

Struct09

Xabora said:
http://i25.tinypic.com/2qwfv52.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/wallpapers/images/blacktemple/blacktemple-1024x.jpg[img]

Found this posted elsewhere but it matches the borders on many many screens!
It has WoW so it must be addicting.[/QUOTE]

This thread continues to blow my mind. This shit is hilarious.

I'll definitely be on the lookout for a copy of the game. I would donate it to the Broken Pixels cause in an instant.

neight

Banned
lol
Hi,
I am on the look out for a 2D/3D background artist for the sequel to LIMBO OF THE LOST. This is a % of royalty position for the right person.
The backgrounds need to be in 1024x768 resolution and the end result is a static 2D image.

Other parts of the job will be for alpha masks and layers within the scenes. Approx 80 backgrounds will be needed, if you can construct in 3D using an editor like Unreal 3 etc all the better.
http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=2904.msg18305#msg18305

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
handofg0d said:
I cant find anything in particular but something about this makes me think they stole assets from Eternal Darkness as well...

I doubt it. I don't think the developer is competent enough to get a screengrab from a console.

He most likely just FRAPSed to get everything, including the POTC and Spawn stuff (DVD playing on a PC)

Zilch

Banned
Reading this thread was a great experience. Hope this situation continues to unfold with sustained hilarity.

Chromax

Ok I'm not going to make fun of them anymore, they really do look like mafia....I don't want them to crash in and bust my head open before I get to finish MGS4 and meet Kojima Saturday.

alerus

Neo Member
morningbus said:
There is yet another answer: sarcasm!

oh god, what if that was sarcasm? I am lost! LOST IN LIMBO!

Perhaps you're right, but sometimes with the internet its hard to tell, and given all the forum posting the devs have being doing under false pretenses, I wouldn't hold it past em.

nyong

Banned
Yeah, I ordered a copy off Amazon last night. They've stopped selling them so hopefully it processes/ships. It's not like anyone (but me hopefully) is going to profit off this. What are the odds of a sealed copy being worth a fortune a few years down the road?

Xabora

nyong said:
Yeah, I ordered a copy off Amazon last night. They've stopped selling them so hopefully it processes/ships. It's not like anyone (but me hopefully) is going to profit off this. What are the odds of a sealed copy being worth a fortune a few years down the road?
I checked 30min ago they had em in stock.
Posted the amazon link at the bethsoft forms, 5min later both copies left were gone.

EDIT: :lol wtf I butchered english when I 1st posted that.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Xabora said:
I checked 30min ago they had em in stock.
Posted the amazon link at the bethsoft forms, 5min later both copies left were gone.

EDIT: :lol wtf I butchered english when I 1st posted that.

I bought one as soon as you posted here that amazon had them.

Xabora

neight said:
Someone be sure to rip the making of DVD onto Youtube
It comes with a making of?

On snap possibly comes with some original material!

EDIT: WTF I did it again. >_<

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Holy shit, this post is a cracker: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=108573&b=21
Hi All,
I am thinking about buying and doing a project with FPSC, it looks and reads very well and I have read a few posts here that you enthusiastic lot seem to love the product.
But I have a few questions :-

1. Is it possible to create a finished game that will run smoothly , look good and not take an age to load or install?

2. Can I implement guns with flash light capabilities?

3. What about weapons using particles - Flame thrower?

4. Can I use past BSP maps - QUAKE 3, HALF LIFE 2 created maps in FPSC?
:lol

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
esbern said:
Name: SBOVIS
Position: Frequent poster
Date Registered: June 14, 2004, 10:35:29 AM
Last Active: Today at 10:33:28 AM

he knows he is fucked

AWESOME!

I guess he's not as "on vacation" as the publisher would like you to believe.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
This has to be the most embarrassing moment in video game history, I'm super embarrassed for those guys this is REALLY BAD LOL

I hope they don't get sued and just get this collective look from all the developers instead.

2dv0dhg.gif

Mash

Just looked over some of the guys posts, this one was interesting:

Well if you count 6 levels worth, plus cut scenes, end / intro sequences and closeups of every item the player picks up the screens would come close to that, actual wintermute scenes were more like 350 ish. hahahahahahahaha

the game has about 50 Npcs (each with their own vocals), 2400 lines of localised speech, 9 music scores, about 5000 frames of animations and weighs in at a hefty 2gb of data. It was near on 4gb before transfering animations to Theora, which cut it down big time!!

The project also has a 35 min DVD video showing the intro and special making of features, in dolby II audio.

It took 3.5 years to create.............and yes I am very glad it is over hahahahahahahaha but I learnt alot for future projects.

Thanks for the interest and the past help. Rock

A donation will be sent to Mnemonic on the receipt of our first 6 month royalty cheque from G2 GAMES.
Link.

I need to see this.

nyong

Banned
FlyinJ said:
AWESOME!

I guess he's not as "on vacation" as the publisher would like you to believe.

Haha at some of his recents posts. Too bad he didn't try this one 3 years ago.

Hi,
I am on the look out for a 2D/3D background artist for the sequel to LIMBO OF THE LOST. This is a % of royalty position for the right person.
The backgrounds need to be in 1024x768 resolution and the end result is a static 2D image.

Other parts of the job will be for alpha masks and layers within the scenes. Approx 80 backgrounds will be needed, if you can construct in 3D using an editor like Unreal 3 etc all the better.

Hi all,
The graphics are created thus:-
The backgrounds are created in 3D GAMESTUDIO A6 , they are textured, lit and then I place a camera at a certain position and grab a still. This becomes the initial background plate.

Then I take a cut of all the light areas, like where the torches are etc. I create small animated sprites of the light which thus creates a torch flicker on the walls when ran really fast. (You have to be quite subtle with this tho!) :lol
All the characters are modelled and then put into POSER 5 where thay are manipulated, I also use MIMIC 2 to lip synch the recorded voices to the chracter models.

The shadows are not 100% accurate as they do fall on the floor wrongly but are only there for ambience, when the whole thing is running with flickering torch light, shadows and animation it REALLY works.

Plus alot of pain staking game mechanics like the PIP (picture in picture) interface and the OUIJA board.

At the moment the demo level (Tutorial) is around 25 rooms big, so 666 over 7 levels is not a problem.

At the moment we are looking for a publisher and have got a handful very interested in publishing the title.

I am still though looking out for a good WME scripter to work on the project and be part of the team? any takers??

Thanks to all of you at the forum and Mnemonic for past and I hope continued help, you have all been great. Thanks.

Glad you like the screen shots and the preview.

Mash

Perhaps someone took the shots for him then and being a useless tool he never knew they were from other games.

nyong

Banned
Mash said:
Perhaps someone took the shots for him then and being a useless tool he never knew they were from other games.

That crossed my mind. Or one guy out of the 3 did his "art" from home or claimed to already have artwork finished and could make it work for the game.

Mash

nyong said:
That crossed my mind. Or one guy out of the 3 did his "art" from home or claimed to already have artwork finished and could make it work for the game.

I dunno though, the guy seems to have a better understanding of code than I do (that being 0) and surely this must mean he knows some of the in's and out's of using other people's work. It also doesn't explain the use of ripped assets and film footage lol. Surely he'd played ONE of the games ripped off. This is such a mess, a hilarious mess.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Mash said:
I dunno though, the guy seems to have a better understanding of code than I do (that being 0) and surely this must mean he knows some of the in's and out's of using other people's work. Surely he'd played ONE of the games ripped off. This is such a mess, a hilarious mess.

Going by his old posts it seems his understanding of code is around 0 as well :lol

I mean this is all hilarious and everything, but the fact is this is not and never would have been a game of any significance so the copies of the game you guys are buying are not going to be worth anything.

This was just three guys, who probably never made a game before, that just threw something together with some freeware adventure game making software. Most random flash games have more developer prowess behind them then anything made by that 'engine'. Only difference between this and any random mario flash game clone is that somehow this one got on a few random store shelves.

This would be a lot better if it was a real developer that put together a game that was actually in the public eye beforehand.

My god, imagine the chaos if axe-guy came from some no-name fireman game back in the 90's. Maybe somebody should check on that one...

Xabora

Code:
actor.SetFont("fonts/truetype2.font");
[b]actor.TalkAsync("Ahhh.....at last I find you. Please take this from me I think they are from a friend of yours and he is very, very worried about you and I am a little bit worried myself about being worried about your friend who is worried about you and I am worried about this and I want you to take it so I will not be worried No more!"); [/b]
CONVERSATION.PlayTheora("cutscenes\worrymiesterdm\npc001.ogg");
http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=2065.msg13830#msg13830

LOL WTF!

jay

nyong said:

Own this because you appreciate terrible things, not to make a buck. You make collecting shit look bad.

Mash

Xabora said:
Code:
actor.SetFont("fonts/truetype2.font");
[b]actor.TalkAsync("Ahhh.....at last I find you. Please take this from me I think they are from a friend of yours and he is very, very worried about you and I am a little bit worried myself about being worried about your friend who is worried about you and I am worried about this and I want you to take it so I will not be worried No more!"); [/b]
CONVERSATION.PlayTheora("cutscenes\worrymiesterdm\npc001.ogg");

LOL WTF!

He better be bloody worried lol.

Top Bottom