• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited edition Destiny 2 Dualshock 4 releasing alongside console bundles

jennetics

Almost positive that the graphic designer who made this hates it just as much as us. No proof, I just can't stand the thought of someone being okay with this being a thing.

I'm imagining something like
- Activision tells Bungie to make a limited controller

- Bungie makes a bunch of cool designs

- Activision says, "hell no, that'll cost too much to make if we do those crazy designs. Just put these three things on there and call it a day."

The Limited Edition Taken King PS4 looked sweet, not sure what happened after that
destinyttk3.jpg

modsbox

As someone who is upgrading/migrating to a white ps4 pro soon but isn't into Destiny all I can say is thank goodness this controller doesn't come with it. Yikes.

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
That might be the worst of the generation. Could they not maybe change the button/sticks/d-pad colors at the very least?

Kade

Aside from the 20th Anniversary one, all the special/limited edition controllers are ugly and lazy designs.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Ugly.

Where's the awesome design aesthetic that they used for the white Destiny PS4 that launched alongside Taken King?

MrBS

'Destiny 2' right on the controller? Even the logo has a 2 on it, c'mon is should have just been the logo at most. Terrible.

Plumpman

I would actually trade it in for a normal white one it looks so bad.
Its unbelievable what makes it through sometimes.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Anything with destiny written on it is gonna make me cringe. Just that word...I can't help it I would laugh at anything with that word printed on it like it was the perfume.

Why not just put the logo on the touchpad and give it a color scheme that matches the console And call it a day? Minimalism when it comes to a se design is always the best.

ugh.......................
This looks like the dollar store stickers applied to a DualShock 4 controller.
Weak attempt Bungie+Acti+Sony

Regolego

Neo Member
So the extra cost for limited hardware designs is on the game developer, not Sony?

It looks like Activision doesn't want to pay for all the lacking colouring/design.

Top Bottom