• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia announced (NA)

hayejin

waiting for best buy or Amazon.

Or i'll just walk into a store and preorder there.

Normally I'd agree b/c I hate gamestop with passion but you should just order and cancel when you can score from Amazon or BB. And that still doesn't guarantee you a copy due to last minute possible cancellation via Amazon.

TankRizzo

Banned
Normally I'd agree b/c I hate gamestop with passion but you should just order and cancel when you can score from Amazon or BB. And that still doesn't guarantee you a copy due to last minute possible cancellation via Amazon.

never had a problem with amazon

Preordered it at GameStop but shipping plus taxes makes it almost 10 dollars more. Dang. Hopefully Amazon happens soon and during the time I'm awake.

Pre ordered on Gamestop but hopefully it will show up on Amazon / Best Buy soon. Fucking $5 shipping and it wont arrive on launch day.

Now the waiting game for this to be available to pre-order in Canada begins.
Yeah in Canada it is always finicky as to when the pre-order will show up for retailers here. I wish it was close to or around the same time as other countries retailers. I would love to snag a copy if I can.

Preordered it at GameStop but shipping plus taxes makes it almost 10 dollars more. Dang. Hopefully Amazon happens soon and during the time I'm awake.

Considering that Best Buy GCU / Amazon take 20% off the pre-order, it's almost $20 more to buy at GameStop. Not sure how GameStop stays alive, really.

LiK

Considering that Best Buy GCU / Amazon take 20% off the pre-order, it's almost $20 more to buy at GameStop. Not sure how GameStop stays alive, really.

Selling used games for huge markups. People still buy used games from them. Sadly.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Up on GameStop!

Here

Got it! I want to go in store later to get it there, if it's still available. This is a place holder, just in case it's gone by then :x I'm actually surprise they offer free shipping on it. Pretty much every pre-order I've got online (for online exclusives) still charge like, $10.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm this is a limited edition and not a special edition like fe fates.

May pass.

"Limited" "Special" "Premium" "Collectors" are all interchangable phrases, really. The only difference being that some people put the emphasis on numbered copies when it comes to the phrase "limited", but not every publisher really does that. None of them really get reprinted anyways, so it's all the same to me. All depends on what your preference on the contents are.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member

Yup! I'm preordering now because:

1) it's available when I'm actually online
2) I can cancel it if I catch it on Amazon or Best Buy

LiK

Which makes even less sense because you can buy brand new from bestbuy for less than used on gamestop, after gcu.

IKR, most casuals just trust GS as the gaming store, I guess. I remember back when I used to frequent malls where people are asking for a sold out game at GS and getting bummed it's gone. They could've just walked over to Best Buy and find like 10 copies sitting there. Sometimes the GS employees would even tell them that. So silly.

TankRizzo

Banned
"Fire Emblem Fates - Special Edition" and "BOTW ME" say hi.

Hi.

ORDER PLACED
November 12, 2015
TOTAL
$68.31
SHIP TO

ORDER # 110-7608119-xxxxxx
Order Details Invoice

Fire Emblem Special Edition - Nintendo 3DS
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$79.99

I have it preordered through gamestop but will cancel when Amazon pops up

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
IKR, most casuals just trust GS as the gaming store, I guess. I remember back when I used to frequent malls where people are asking for a sold out game at GS and getting bummed it's gone. They could've just walked over to Best Buy and find like 10 copies sitting there. Sometimes the GS employees would even tell them that. So silly.

I go for peace of mind and not getting my items wreaked, since I have buddies there that are awesome and don't give a crap about corporate culture. My local Best Buys aren't that great in store, anyways.

RootCause

Placed an order. Will likely switch it to Amazon if I can. I had a spotless run with them, until the Zelda ME. But I already got over it. :p

"Fire Emblem Fates - Special Edition" and "BOTW ME" say hi.
They sure do. In my house. From Amazon. Fates SE box came damaged though...
Got it! I want to go in store later to get it there, if it's still available. This is a place holder, just in case it's gone by then :x I'm actually surprise they offer free shipping on it. Pretty much every pre-order I've got online (for online exclusives) still charge like, $10.
Yeah same here! Wait free shipping??? I'm paying 5 bucks on mine! Plus taxes!

Top Bottom