• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia announced (NA)

LiK

I go for peace of mind and not getting my items wreaked, since I have buddies there that are awesome and don't give a crap about corporate culture. My local Best Buys aren't that great in store, anyways.

What state are you from? I'm in CA. I did get charged taxes though.

Weird.

EDIT: Maybe being a Power Up member makes a difference?

You guys have better GS than me. The one good one near me where no one asked for preorders and didn't bother me closed down like a year later. The employees and manager were nice.

The pins are cute, but the Blu-ray with the cutscenes rendered in 1080p was the biggest draw of the Japanese special edition for me so this is gonna be a pass.
Wait what? Why the fuck can't we get something like that instead of the ever insulting CD sampler?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Utah. 5 bucks for express shipping and nothing cheaper.

Also a Power Up Member.

Maybe they have a shipping facility in that state now? I have no idea, really :x

You treat people the way you want to be treated, be respectful, don't look down on others and you get the same in return with extra perks to keep you coming back.

Mine are awesome, and I go in to visit just to chat, and just about whatever in general, along with games. We've hung out too before. So yeah for me there's the friend-atmosphere too, so I get to talk to friends along with making a purchase. So if there's some like super rare bonus, they know that I'm in there all the time pre-ordering limiteds, and will save it for me if they only get like, 3 in or whatever.

The Dude

Yea my gamestop is awesome got my switch there easy as hell, they'll let me call in and pre order stuff over the phone with my gamestop CC, great store for new stuff.

gkryhewy

Gamestop.com sent me a Mario Party 8 amiibo/game bundle without the game (missing from the box) this past December, which required me to be on hold/on the phone for literally hours to eventually get a partial refund when it turned out they couldn't process their own replacement order due to lack of stock when the item was still in stock online. I eventually had to just dispute it with my credit card.

They are THE WORST, but sometimes they're the only option.

The Dude

Gamestop.com sent me a Mario Party 8 amiibo/game bundle without the game (missing from the box) this past December, which required me to be on hold/on the phone for literally hours to eventually get a partial refund when it turned out they couldn't process their own replacement order due to lack of stock when the item was still in stock online. I eventually had to just dispute it with my credit card.

Every company has moments like this

What a horrible customer service experience. I definitely won't be going through them.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the Nintendo of Europe announcement video, does that one come with amiibo in addition to everything else the North American one has?

They sure do. In my house. From Amazon. Fates SE box came damaged though...

Yeah same here! Wait free shipping??? I'm paying 5 bucks on mine! Plus taxes!

I had free shipping for it arriving about two days after release I believe. PowerUp Member here and from Missouri. It was like ten bucks for day of release shipping, which is bad compared to my dealings with Amazon and Best Buy far as shipping goes. I might cancel and go with Best Buy if it appears soon. I'm glad I got this ordered just to be sure.

Also, my GameStop is fine with the employees being pretty nice and not really forceful. It's a pretty small one though and I haven't been to it as much lately or as I used to besides getting trade credit via 50% more credit toward Switch pre-ordered games Sunday for MK8D and LEGO City Undercover. It's mostly because GCU and Prime at Best Buy and Amazon are a hell of a lot better.

I always preorder from Gamestop first and then cancel if it shows up on Amazon. They are the only ones I know of that charge shipping on a preorder. Amazon and Walmart don't.

LiK

Like all companies who have bad things, there are good things too. I'll defend GameStop even though it's an unpopular opinion.

I'll defend their online store more than the B&Ms. Haven't had any issues with their online store after they revamped it years ago. Back in the day, they would not be able to fulfill my preorder bonuses so I would lose out and they would just say sorry and move on. It made me quit their site for a while. But so far, they've been good. I think competition from Amazon and BB have really motivated them to not fuck it up so much. The prices still suck so I only buy from them as a last resort or if i need a backup preorder. They're more reliable than Amazon now when it comes to LEs/CEs/SEs.

LiK

Just out of curiosity, is one less limited than another?

Is this gonna be a crapshoot like the previous games?

It's Nintendo, anything limited/special etc should not be taken for granted with them. If you want it, just lock in a preorder. You can cancel later if everyone ends up selling it. No harm done unless it sells out later in the day. Then you're screwed.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Like all companies who have bad things, there are good things too. I'll defend GameStop even though it's an unpopular opinion.

Their corporate CS is amazing, but not many people use them. I've been able to even order things that aren't available anymore on the site due to issues: something even Amazon CS can't do.

Just out of curiosity, is one less limited than another?

Is this gonna be a crapshoot like the previous games?

As I mentioned a page before, the "limited" "special" etc are all names. Unless specifically numbered, it depends how many Nintendo prints, and how much demand their is. It's FE, so there will definitely be a demand.

Ponn

Banned
You know, I'm quite surprised that it hasn't sold out on the GameStop site yet.

It's honestly not that exciting of a set. Fates SE was a real special set with very tangible unique things about it. This is a soundtrack sampler, a couple pins and a probably very small and thin art book. I'm going to wait and see if Amazon gets it for the discount otherwise i'm going to pass on this.

You know, I'm quite surprised that it hasn't sold out on the GameStop site yet.

No way is this going to be a scarce as the Fates LE. That one was IMO, the only physical version of the game worth purchasing, it was, if you wanted all the campaigns far and away the best version of that game. You got all 3 campaigns, for the same cost as buying them digitally, and got all the extra LE stuff for essentially free.

Oxn

No way is this going to be a scarce as the Fates LE. That one was IMO, the only physical version of the game worth purchasing, it was, if you wanted all the campaigns far and away the best version of that game. You got all 3 campaigns, for the same cost as buying them digitally, and got all the extra LE stuff for essentially free.

Exactly.

Which is why i think they named it Special Edition.

The Dude

It's my fault, because any time I'm "there" for pre orders like this they are never rare and turn into a collectors piece. If I weren't here trust me, it'd of been sold out in a minute.

Takuan

Still sore about that. I would've copped it without the extra shit just for the convenience.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

It's true that it was the definitive version of the physical game, with the addition of Revelations. FE in general is big in general now, so I can see this not being as rare as Fates, but not easy to come by, either. It's still a Nintendo LE.

haha it's Nintendo.

Only LE on a Nintendo platform I've seen recently that wasnt scarce was Tokyo mirage sessions, betting this will be a bit easier to find thsan dates but I'm not taking any chances

Draxal

Was the original game good?

I didn't like fates

It is very different, with sacred Stones being a spiritual sequel to the game.

Alm and Celica won't be nearly as annoying as Corrin though.

This is the second game in the series and fire emblem really didn't hit big until the third release on the SNES.

Femto.

Only LE on a Nintendo platform I've seen recently that wasnt scarce was Tokyo mirage sessions, betting this will be a bit easier to find thsan dates but I'm not taking any chances

The special edition for Xenoblade X was less scarce than Tokyo Mirage.

It got really cheap at one point too, $40 I think. I bought it for full price lol

LiK

The special edition for Xenoblade X was less scarce than Tokyo Mirage.

It got really cheap at one point too, $40 I think. I bought it for full price lol

The demand for that title was way less than expected. But FE is more popular.

Gunsmithx

Yeah I remember how pissed you were over that. I'm still amazed that not only did Nintendo print so few copies of that but they never even talked about releasing the cart alone sans extras. I wonder why it was never even seemed to be considered.

fernoca

I've never had any issue pre-ordering stuff from Amazon. I ordered the Fates SE from them and it arrived on launch day no problem. Same with my Switch and Zelda.
Amazon and the Fates SE were a mess. I'm glad I went with them as I ended getting it for $5 and two day shipping, but seeing them putting SEs for sale at launch, without shipping all of them and even cancelling some preorders was amusing. XD

Top Bottom