• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition Gold DS...

PolyGone

Banned
Visualante said:
Shame will be if the DS sells out people who don't even like Zelda will probably settle for this.

"people who don't even like Zelda"? I didn't know they existed. What a bunch of retards they must be.

derder

PolyGone said:
"people who don't even like Zelda"? I didn't know they existed. What a bunch of retards they must be.

I must be a retard.

They're ok, I just don't find them rewarding. But for the love of God, don't change this thread from the awesomeness it was.

Lobster

Banned
derder said:
I must be a retard.

They're ok, I just don't find them rewarding. But for the love of God, don't change this thread from the awesomeness it was.

If you find them ok it means you don't hate them. Not retard confirmed.

mj1108

From the Sears Black Friday thread on CAG:

doubund.jpg

I have to buy that and sell off the copy of Zelda on it

fuck I wonder if anyone else will have it besides sears I really dont want to have to camp out

I guess thats just a bad pic since the colors look like mud

but I would not mind buying another DS lite. I don't have Zelda yet since I've been so busy

Sagitario

I don't know I I should get the limited Gold DS (I've a DSPhat, haven't bought PH yet) or a PSP Slim (I've been buying some PSP games but I've no console to play them yet)...

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I already replaced my white one with cracked hinge for a black-one, which I kind of regret because of the nasty fingerprints, so if this is easy to get I will be trading up once again!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Crappy LCD on the black DS lites? What are you guys talking about?

Kodiak said:
I already replaced my white one with cracked hinge for a black-one, which I kind of regret because of the nasty fingerprints, so if this is easy to get I will be trading up once again!
You should turn it into matte finish. I had my 15 minutes of fame for my horribly barbaric method of using a nail kit to do it over 3 hours, but some superfine grit wet sandpaper should do the trick much more nicely.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Dice said:
Crappy LCD on the black DS lites? What are you guys talking about?

You should turn it into matte finish. I had my 15 minutes of fame for my horribly barbaric method of using a nail kit to do it over 3 hours, but some superfine grit wet sandpaper should do the trick much more nicely.

ah I remember that thread, unfortunately I have very big and clumsy hands so I'm not very good with sand paper that delicate. I might give it a shot, though.

ZeoVGM

Banned
OniShiro said:
Just my opinion, didn't mean to offend anyone, in fact I think the console is ok, but all the accessories... ughhh...

So your opinion is that a piece of hardware is a homosexual?

k.

OniShiro

Banned
omg rite said:
So your opinion is that a piece of hardware is a homosexual?

k.

Well, english is not my native language, so maybe I worded it wrong, I meant that it looks corny, pretentious....

Anyway, sorry again if I offended anyone, it wasn't my intention.

mj1108

Zeed said:
Wait is the gold DS only available at goddamn Sears? That's going to suck if true.

Wow.

There's nothing that says it's exclusive to Sears. I just posted it mentioning it's in their Black Friday ad. Other retailers will have it as well.

Ironballs

FUCK!!!!

Why does it have to be so awesome???? There's too much shit coming out in November already. And now I'm seriously contemplating buying a system that i already own two of and a game I just bought.

Damn youse Nintendo. Damn youuuuuse!

OniShiro

Banned
Zeed said:
But you do know what "gay" actually means right?

gay /geɪ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[gey] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, noun, adverb

–adjective
1. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music.
2. bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments.
3. given to or abounding in social or other pleasures: a gay social season.
4. licentious; dissipated; wanton: The baron is a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies.
5. homosexual.
6. of, indicating, or supporting homosexual interests or issues: a gay organization.
–noun 7. a homosexual person, esp. a male.
–adverb 8. in a gay manner.

My intended use was number 2.

Everybody happy now?

I can't believe you all make such a fuss just because someone said the console looks 'gay' :lol (which it does, by the way). I wonder if you'd get that upset if he started insulting your mamas... Just be rational, people.

Cherubae

mj1108 said:
From the Sears Black Friday thread on CAG:

doubund.jpg

The Nintendogs version looks like the Metallic Rose color from Japan. Does anyone know if that's the case or it's just a bad image of Coral Pink?

My DS Lite's screen won't calibrate anymore ( I'm off by a few cm to the left ) so I'm stuck playing Zelda on my DS fat ( which is mis calibrated to the left but only in the lower left quarter of the screen ). Zelda looks so poor on a older model and I'm in need of a new DS Lite :'( I had been eying the Metallic Rose but I didn't want to import another Lite and just have the hinge snap off again.

angelfly

I'm definitely picking up the gold lite on black friday.

ichigo kurosaki: You do know it's a bannable offense right?

Mamesj

Banned
ichigo kurosaki said:
I can't believe you all make such a fuss just because someone said the console looks 'gay' :lol (which it does, by the way). I wonder if you'd get that upset if he started insulting your mamas... Just be rational, people.

I don't mean to play "pseudo-mod" but the terms do say describing things as "gay" is bannable, considering 1) this isn't high school, 2) there are plenty of gay people on gaf.

edit: yeah, what angelfly said :D

[Nintex]

banKai said:
the case you saw will come out in europe at the end of november for 19,99 euro. there are also mario themed ones:

Zelda Case
Mario Case
Epic NoE failure. Those look like lunchboxes. Especially the Mario one is ugly.
They should have just made the Mario one all red, with a big "M" on top. The Zelda case should just have been black with a gold Tri-force.

taconinja

Cherubae said:
The Nintendogs version looks like the Metallic Rose color from Japan. Does anyone know if that's the case or it's just a bad image of Coral Pink?

My DS Lite's screen won't calibrate anymore ( I'm off by a few cm to the left ) so I'm stuck playing Zelda on my DS fat ( which is mis calibrated to the left but only in the lower left quarter of the screen ). Zelda looks so poor on a older model and I'm in need of a new DS Lite :'( I had been eying the Metallic Rose but I didn't want to import another Lite and just have the hinge snap off again.
The ad says it's "metallic base," so I think that means it will be the metallic rose variant. Could be wrong, though.

Top Bottom