• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition Gold DS...

Jirotrom

I don't know if its old but, a nintendo rep showed my buddy a picture of a limited edition Gold DS with Phantom hourglass pack-in for this Christmas. It has the the tri-force on it. I don't know if this is old, but I just wanted to point this out. He says the tri-force is on the lower right corner. He said that he couldn't tell if it was engraved or not.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
they better formally announce this soon (hopefully before the TRU deal starts) and with a price, or im gonna hafta skip out on it. I still don't even own a damn Lite, heh

Jirotrom

dallow_bg said:
"Inside" guys on CAG have been seeing it in their store computers for weeks now.

Still no firm date...
yeah my buddy swears he saw it, the rep told him it will be very limited.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Koren said:
I was thinking the same... Still, aren't the new DS Lite screen worse than older DS Lites ?

Is this confirmed? And if so, what's the difference? I was gonna scoop the new red/black one but am now gonna hold out for the Triforce one. I currently have the launch white.

angelfly

Doodlebug said:
Sounds cool. I'd like to see this.

You can't normally. You can just start a new game and save over the old one. If your able to run homebrew there are programs (RAIN is one I know) that can erase the EEPROM (were the save is stored) which will completely erase the saves.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Shame it will be released after Phantom Hourglass if this is true as I would then prefer to be able to buy it on its own.

angelfly

BGBW said:
Shame it will be released after Phantom Hourglass if this is true as I would then prefer to be able to buy it on its own.

You can always keep the copy of PH you have now and sell the one that comes with it,

Jirotrom said:
I don't know if its old but, a nintendo rep showed my buddy a picture of a limited edition Gold DS with Phantom hourglass pack-in for this Christmas. It has the the tri-force on it. I don't know if this is old, but I just wanted to point this out. He says the tri-force is on the lower right corner. He said that he couldn't tell if it was engraved or not.

If this doesn't happen I demand you buy me an Xbox 360 game.

Doodlebug

angelfly said:
You can't normally. You can just start a new game and save over the old one. If your able to run homebrew there are programs (RAIN is one I know) that can erase the EEPROM (were the save is stored) which will completely erase the saves.

As you can see, I decided against posting my off-topic question here, but thanks for your swift reply. :)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Better announce this and show some pics quick! The Silver DSLite is coming out on friday (in Europe) and I was planning to grab it.

Avengedsd

I thought this was just a gamestop manager's contest. Hence the supposed extremly limited quality. I think the store with the most Zelda pre-orders was (or will be) awarded this ds. I think they might have also had the choice for a nintendogs ds as well.

GhostSeed

Is that is it in bottom left hand corner?
(no my pict BTW)

1466444884_2d8b24d430_b.jpg

Jirotrom

GhostSeed said:
(no my pict BTW)

I'll ask him... but according to his description yes... also he said that the rep told him it would be for sale, not just a gift or prize. where is this picture from.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
JonathanEx said:
My sister had one of those. It was AWESOME.
I chose to get the NES SP (They came out on the same day in the UK, along with the Mario SP which I hardly even see mentioned). Partly because I preferred the design, but also because I already has the Minish Cap.

I still hope for a console based DS design, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Jirotrom said:
I'll ask him... but according to his description yes... also he said that the rep told him it would be for sale, not just a gift or prize. where is this picture from.
Looks like it's a Nintendo World Store display, probly from the PH launch.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200411/048.asp?f=048.asp
Contained within six of these Zelda Limited Edition Paks are golden tickets that will earn each of the winners a very special prize - a 24-carat gold-plated Game Boy Advance SP.

These six golden tickets are secreted in Zelda Limited Edition Paks available from six popular High Street retailers: Game, Gamestation, HMV, Virgin, WH Smith and Toys R Us.
I'm not kidding when I keep saying "MADE OF GOLD".

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Jirotrom said:

It was shown off at the Nintendo World Store's Zelda launch party held a few Sundays back. Looked pretty nice, actually.

Kadey said:
Dump any SP in a gold plated tank for a few minutes and woolah, same treatment. Now that I think about it, I can do the same thing. That means I can create unlimited actual Gold SPs.
I wasn't asking if a fan-made one existed, I was asking if anyone had found the "golden ticket" and released pictures.

never mind.

34oogg7.jpg

nice.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
bune duggy said:
I wasn't asking if a fan-made one existed, I was asking if anyone had found the "golden ticket" and released pictures.

never mind.

34oogg7.jpg

nice.

Ok now that one is america's top model....

GhostSeed said:
(no my pict BTW)

Looks pretty nice. But where does all the other stuff come from? I'm assuming its not all included?

bune duggy said:

never mind.

34oogg7.jpg

nice.

That is sooo friggin awesome and somehow I never even knew about it.

botticus

I was always hoping for a dark green DS Lite for Zelda, but since that ain't happening, a gold one would be a worthy choice for finally updating my Phat.

Top Bottom