• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapejara

Obscure makes me think it's not Drinkbox/Severed. Unless it's Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack?

Maybe Pop Sandbox with LOUD On Planet X? The game released on PS4 earlier this year, while the Vita version was delayed. I don't think it's been formally cancelled, so maybe they'll announce it's coming next month with an LRG release as well?

Brace Yourself Games (Crypt of the Necrodancer) is also Canadian, but I'm not sure that game is obscure..

I think Necrodancer and Towerfall coub both still pass as "obsucre". Really hard to say though

Necrodancer doesn't seem as well known and popular as it should be, especially on GAF but it's on the top of my wishlist

EDIT: "Giant" is also hard to judge. I wouldn't call Atelier "giant", but compared to other LRG releases it is

EDIT: Still waiting for Playism titles btw

Tapejara

Also, my guess for obscure indie arcade game:

Don't Die, Mr. Robot!

Lfc51d7.png

Shizuka

Don't think "giant" as something from Square-Enix, but "giant" in LRG's standard. Anything from a mid-size Japanese publisher would be huge for them.

Clive

Ray Gigant is from what I understand owned by Bandai Namco so that could potentially open up some big doors for the future. In my dreams at least. I just picked it up for below 4 bucks in a recent sale but I've always enjoyed collecting JRPGs even if I play less of them these days. Would double dip.

test_account

XP-39C²
Finally got my copy of Shantae: Pirate's Curse! :D Got the package slip yesterday and picked it up today. The package actually arrived 15th December at the post office, but the package slip must have been lost the first time, i got a duplicate one, and that was the first i got. I also got Volume, been waiting a while for that as well.

Time to play the guessing game once again.

Haha, they love to tease don't they?

I mean, intrigued to see what's coming in January, but that Japanese Vita exclusive in February has gotten me super excited. I'd be happy with Ray Gigant and it seems likely given the blatant tease (although is that really an exclusive given it's now on Steam?), but I can't help but be hopeful that it's finally Atelier's time to shine.

Looks like Japanese players have TSC PC...

I assume that's different from the LRG release?

Nope, looks exactly the same. I think it's safe to say at this point that the release for that has been a giant clusterfuck. Nisa signing on for the PS4 release and LRG not knowing about it was probably the biggest thing, but I would question why they released a retail PC release for Japan and seemingly didn't say a word for it either. If they had a retail release planned anyway, then I don't understand why they wanted LRG to do one as well.

Shizuka

Croixleur Sigma's physical japanese release is another one to look out, because I bet they already have that game signed for a physical run in the West.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If not, gunna import

Wait a bit and see? I mean, I swear every time someone goes "oh it's never going to come here *clicks import button*" then it gets announced the next day. If I had a nickel for every time I've seen that happen...

Shizuka

VisualArts have a running build of Clannad for the Vita with the english localization. Frontwing's another similar publisher that made a deal with LRG not long ago. It makes a lot of sense, if VisualArts is interested in bringing their titles to the West.

Here's a little more info on why Axiom Verge won't be a thing from LRG.

Unlikely, given how our negotiations with Dan went. If anything they're releasing through a full retail partner. It won't be limited or difficult to acquire as they weren't happy with that aspect of the original IndieBox release. Despite the quality of the game, I think it will be overprinted and end up rotting on shelves.

The issue at hand wasn't the numbers. If I could dive in to details I think everyone would understand why we have no desire to even continue trying to pursue Axiom Verge. Not really diving into the issue but Dan insulted us and pretty hard at that. I don't have any desire to work with someone who would trivialize the work we're doing. Even if we were handed the game on a silver platter we wouldn't want it as a matter of principle.

Clive

Here's a little more info on why Axiom Verge won't be a thing from LRG.

No LRG almost certainly also means no Vita even if it does end up getting printed eventually. Shame since that's my preferred format. I actually have a digital copy on Vita+PS4 already but it's definitely a game I'd want on my shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom