• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, forgot to mention that with the fulfillment partner combining orders probably won't be an issue anymore. It's an issue for us on Oddworld because we're bulk printing labels and it's very hard for one person to keep track of several hundred orders with special requests (combined shipping, etc.).

Futuridium in a week

!

giphy.gif

Cynn

Oh, forgot to mention that with the fulfillment partner combining orders probably won't be an issue anymore. It's an issue for us on Oddworld because we're bulk printing labels and it's very hard for one person to keep track of several hundred orders with special requests (combined shipping, etc.).
Thanks for the hard work and continued updates. I'm a big fan of what you're doing here. Just curious, are you looking at any customer loyalty programs or etc? Seeing how LRG services enthusiasts and collectors primarily you'd probably get a lot of traction out of something like that.

Decider

Thanks for the hard work and continued updates. I'm a big fan of what you're doing here. Just curious, are you looking at any customer loyalty programs or etc? Seeing how LRG services enthusiasts and collectors primarily you'd probably get a lot of traction out of something like that.

Given that LRG always sells out of stock, what benefit would a loyalty scheme provide for them?

Hobbun

I’m not sure yet if I will go for Futuridium as not as big on shooters. Besides, may want to save my karma for CSH and YIIK and especially Eastasiasoft’s titles.

Sondar

Some good news - we may be able to lower international shipping costs by $2 - $6. No official confirmation yet, but it is looking good. The downside is no fulfillment partner will lie on the customs forms - upside is that we'll just personally fulfill items to countries with high import duties to avoid that caveat (like Brazil).

Will that include UK?

Some good news - we may be able to lower international shipping costs by $2 - $6. No official confirmation yet, but it is looking good. The downside is no fulfillment partner will lie on the customs forms - upside is that we'll just personally fulfill items to countries with high import duties to avoid that caveat (like Brazil).

Lower shipping prices are kind of useless if that means paying customs instead, which is usually even more. Everything under ~25€ (~$29) is free from customs officially (that's true for most of Europe afaik), but that number includes item + shipping costs. So almost every order is automatically above that threshold and you'll get charged ~20% customs + fees.

I'd much rather pay a bit more in shipping than go through the hassle of customs every time, because it also can take a lot of time.

Ephidel

And for the UK it's anything over £15 (including shipping) that gets hit, which works out at around $22 -- so the chances of UK folks being "safe" based on your prices is approximately nil :p
The actual import duties might be negligible but it's the handling fee they tack onto it that hurts (£8/$12 from Royal Mail, or higher if another handler like Fedex is involved).

And for the UK it's anything over £15 (including shipping) that gets hit, which works out at around $22 -- so the chances of UK folks being "safe" based on your prices is approximately nil :p
The actual import duties might be negligible but it's the handling fee they tack onto it that hurts (£8/$12 from Royal Mail, or higher if another handler like Fedex is involved).

We will try and find a way to make everyone happy! It's just going to be tough to be able to mark things cheaper due to "ethics" for distributors. The trade off to customs is getting your item much, much quicker and lower shipping.

We are trying to see if we can double dip for now though and still have them mark them as gifts under $20.

If it becomes a problem like Brazil, we will start pulling certain countries and do them ourselves to save people from more charges. We don't want to make people pay more, but we can only do so much for so long. :/

Lower shipping prices are kind of useless if that means paying customs instead, which is usually even more. Everything under ~25€ (~$29) is free from customs officially (that's true for most of Europe afaik), but that number includes item + shipping costs. So almost every order is automatically above that threshold and you'll get charged ~20% customs + fees.

I'd much rather pay a bit more in shipping than go through the hassle of customs every time, because it also can take a lot of time.

The treshold amount is actually €22. And yes, that includes the value of the goods + shipping. However, since the shipping cost is often not printed on the shipping label, customs will typically not tax packages where the indicated value of the content (w/o the shipping cost) is €22 or less.

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/common/buying_online/buying_goods/within_non_eu_en.htm

We will try and find a way to make everyone happy! It's just going to be tough to be able to mark things cheaper due to "ethics" for distributors. The trade off to customs is getting your item much, much quicker and lower shipping.

We are trying to see if we can double dip for now though and still have them mark them as gifts under $20.

If it becomes a problem like Brazil, we will start pulling certain countries and do them ourselves to save people from more charges. We don't want to make people pay more, but we can only do so much for so long. :/
It's hard to imagine that it'll be faster, I got my last LRG order in a week. Going through customs usually makes it take longer as it's transported to the cutoms office where I have to collect it myself (and those are usually in the middle of nowhere so it will actually take quite a bit of my time instead of just "wait time"). Not going through customs is preferable, always.
The treshold amount is actually €22. And yes, that includes the value of the goods + shipping. However, since the shipping cost is often not printed on the shipping label, customs will typically not tax packages where the indicated value of the content (w/o the shipping cost) is €22 or less.

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/common/buying_online/buying_goods/within_non_eu_en.htm

Yeah you're right, I forgot. In Germany, no customs charges <5€ are actually collected, so the "inofficial" threshold is ~26€, even though it's supposed to be 22€.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If Limited Run Games could get I Am Setsuna to happen I would love them forever.

That would be awesome, but I have the impression that SE might not want to collaborate as easily as the others... DQ being done by Nintendo may have been an exception for them.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
We would love to go after things like,

The Atelier series (there are a bunch that never got physical!)
Yakuza 5
Fatal Frame
Phoenix Wright
Attack On Titan

So yeah let us know if you'd legit buy these titles.

I didn't see this till now, so....

I would buy the fuck out of Yakuza, Fatal Frame, and Phoenix Wright.

A large portion of US orders have been shipped. We're wrapping them up soon and moving on to international orders next week!

The June release is an unannounced title. There may actually be two unannounced titles in June, followed by the first Eastasiasoft releases in July (likely Soldner and Lost Sea first). Crossing our fingers for Volume in July as well. It'll be a busy Summer!

c-murph

A large portion of US orders have been shipped. We're wrapping them up soon and moving on to international orders next week!

The June release is an unannounced title. There may actually be two unannounced titles in June, followed by the first Eastasiasoft releases in July (likely Soldner and Lost Sea first). Crossing our fingers for Volume in July as well. It'll be a busy Summer!

Busy summer is best summer.

Hobbun

Figures my copy is not part of the "large portion of US orders have been shipped". :)

When should I be worried if my order still says "Unfulfilled"?

Really looking forward to the Eastasiasoft titles. When do you plan on announcing the June release? I am guessing it is going to be CSH.

Figures my copy is not part of the "large portion of US orders have been shipped". :)

Really looking forward to the Eastasiasoft titles. When do you plan on announcing the June release? I am guessing it is going to be CSH.

It's very likely that it won't be CSH considering the game isn't even finished yet, that and it's been said that physical will come "a short while after digital". Probably would be best not to expect that till August/September.

I'd actually go ahead and assume that one of the June releases will either be Axiom Verge or Severed.

Tapejara

Really excited for Soldner X-2. It didn't grab me as much as the first one, but I love the series. And the platinum trophy is icing on the cake.

Hobbun

It's very likely that it won't be CSH considering the game isn't even finished yet, that and it's been said that physical will come "a short while after digital". Probably would be best not to expect that till August/September.

I'd actually go ahead and assume that one of the June releases will either be Axiom Verge or Severed.

Oh, I didn't know it wasn't finished yet. Then yes, I agree.

What about YIIK? Or is that next month?

It will be announced as soon as it's out of certification with Sony. :)

Don't be worried unless another two weeks pass without fulfillment. Our goal is to have all Oddworld shipped out before Futuridium goes live.

Do small print physical releases require certification if digital has already gone through it? Or are we talking "hasn't even passed cert in general"? Because there's at least one I can think of that has been said to be in cert for months on end and Sony doesn't seem to be budging.

Pls tell us now LRG. So i can figure out my game budget for that month lol

Can't really confirm anything until QA is all set. There will probably be 2 releases per platform per month (if a game is PS4 exclusive, it will be posted along with a Vita exclusive - for example Lost Sea will lauch alongside Soldner X-2). I don't think any of our Summer games will be over $24.99, but we have a tentative August release that may end up at $34.99.

We're also really close to sealing a deal to make those Atelier games a reality. :) No idea on a date for those as no final deal is set. They're going to be a big expense for us so we'll need everyone's help spreading the word if/when they go on sale. We're pushing hard for these because the demand was clear.

Almond

So we need to ask....

The whole thing about us going after bigger games like Fatal Frame, Yakuza, etc, is that they wouldn't be part of the LRG line. We would just be paying to be the sole distributor basically. We would have to charge more than our normal price. For example Yakuza 5 would be $45-$60 and we would have to order at least 5,000 copies, but in some cases for other games we would order up to 10,000, maybe more.

So what we want to know is, would you honestly pay that price? We don't want people to think if we get a huge game that we can magically make the price $24.99-$30. We would have to buy these games at bulk from the publisher. BUT it would mean that a physical copy would actually exist and we would have access to even more titles in the future if this did well.

So just take a moment to digest that. We have a chance right now to do something similar with a game for Vita but the price would have to be $44.99. But we would gain access to more titles in that series and possibly other series from them.

Yakuza 5
Fatal Frame - YES
Phoenix Wright
Attack On Titan

This is my first time really looking at this thread, and I know it's kind of late, but I would DEFINITELY pay a higher price for a physical copy of Fatal Frame.

It's really lame that NOA couldn't be bothered to print a few for this one game.

We're also really close to sealing a deal to make those Atelier games a reality. :) No idea on a date for those as no final deal is set. They're going to be a big expense for us so we'll need everyone's help spreading the word if/when they go on sale. We're pushing hard for these because the demand was clear.

Yep, figured as much lol. Think it was pretty clear it would end up being Koei you guys were going after first lol.

Tapejara

Can't really confirm anything until QA is all set. There will probably be 2 releases per platform per month (if a game is PS4 exclusive, it will be posted along with a Vita exclusive - for example Lost Sea will lauch alongside Soldner X-2). I don't think any of our Summer games will be over $24.99, but we have a tentative August release that may end up at $34.99.

Holy shit, that's a big get.

Hobbun

Don't be worried unless another two weeks pass without fulfillment. Our goal is to have all Oddworld shipped out before Futuridium goes live.

Ok, it's just that you indicated you would be finishing up with the US orders next week and starting with international orders after that. I am in the US, should I give it that long to be "Unfulfilled"?

Clov

Exciting! I'll be sure to tell my friends about it if it goes through!

Yakuza 5
Fatal Frame
Phoenix Wright

Attack On Titan

I would buy physical copies of Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies and the HD Trilogy. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment. I'd love to see Fatal Frame on the Wii U come out physically too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom