• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lincoln customization and extensive car customization is coming to Mafia 3

JoeBoy101

So damn dapper!

outfit01.png

Bringing the war home!!

Look at this motherfucker right here!

Yeah. Not sure who looks more swag, Lincoln or the car.

I finished my replay of Mafia II last week and was reminded why I hated Joe and
never understood why people were so concerned about his fate
though admittedly part of that was due to shitty AI causing problems.

legbone

I was expecting Lincoln as in the car manufacturer lol

Glad I'm not the only one. I was like, "Isn't that a little redundant?". Then I opened the thread and realized the main character's name is Lincoln. I'm keeping an eye on this one. May be the only game I buy day one this coming fall.

dex3108

I finished my replay of Mafia II last week and was reminded why I hated Joe and
never understood why people were so concerned about his fate
though admittedly part of that was due to shitty AI causing problems.

Well whole game there is that whole friendship between them and you kinda get close to him.

Easily my most anticipated game of the Fall.
Previously that title went to Battlefield 1, then I played the beta.
After spending countless hours in video game NYC and LA, the setting and time period looks so fresh.

With all that single player content in the season pass, I'm tempted to pony up for the Deluxe edition. Hope it reviews well.

dex3108

Easily my most anticipated game of the Fall.
Previously that title went to Battlefield 1, then I played the beta.
After spending countless hours in video game NYC and LA, the setting and time period looks so fresh.

With all that single player content in the season pass, I'm tempted to pony up for the Deluxe edition. Hope it reviews well.

I can see solid 8/10 game here (Or 80/100). There will be complains about open world content but i think that story, atmosphere and gameplay will be good.

Tohsaka

Seems like it might be a good idea to wait to play it. I usually don't go back and replay games after I finish them, so if they're gonna be adding some free stuff I may just wait to buy it.

J_Viper

The lack of customization was the only worry of mine. It's great to see their adding that in.

I can't wait to play this.

I have to say when they first announced the game I had a strong feeling they would squander the setting and characters they established. So far though they seem to be doing a solid job what with actually really addressing the racism at the time and tie it in with the gameplay. (White people calling the cops on you if just hang around the rich neighborhoods for too long, the cops taking a lot longer to go the ghettoes if at all) That Vice article brought up that its still not perfect, but the devs seem to be genuinely trying. It's not like Bioshock Infinite that just used it as cheap and tonedeaf window dressing. I'm really hoping this ends up being like Sleeping Dogs and is another cult classic sandbox game.

DavidDesu

Driving model like Mafia 2... I'm pretty sure I played a demo of Mafia 2 and I LOVED the handling in that. Felt real, weighty, like an actual car. Not the monstrosity twitchy nonsense that GTAV has (where GTAIV was far superior)... colour me interested.

Pachimari

I missed this thread for some reason, why you didn't notify me? Anyway, I can't wait for Mafia 3! This DLC is great and all I wanted.

I hope we get a DLC story where we play as Vito Scaletta.

Customization example from their Twitter account

CrdaQfLUMAAgv2R.png:orig

Is that Lincoln!?

I'm so gonna make him look like that if that's possible. I might wait on starting the game until the DLC hits though.

Gbraga

Sign of the Times sounds amazing! Please do it justice, Mafia team! Being DLC is great too, since they don't really need to care too much about how a story like this would fit into the game's narrative. Just make a nice standalone questline and we're good.

About the free outfits, even though I'm happy about it, it's kinda weird to me that they didn't think this was important before getting the feedback. Not that it'd be a HUGE issue to not have the option to get all kinds of nice looking clothes for my character, but they've been talking about the improtance of having more shit to do in the world but didn't think this was important. I wonder if they were listening to fans of the series, instead of just focusing on the negative feedback from people who just wanted a game that's more like other games.

Anyway, one of my most anticipated titles, can't wait for that.

Gbraga

Probably because every game doesn't have a GTA V budget and other aspects (gameplay, level design) take precedence.

But wasn't the reason they gave that they wanted the outfit changes to reflect the story? As in, Lincoln would have multiple outfits anyway? They could just let us choose between the ones we unlock through the story, it would be something already.

Really hyped for this game. Glad to see they plan to support it so much, and hopefully the main story and DLC will be able to live up to the hype. Can't wait :D.

Gosh and that plane wreck in the bayou in the third pic - so intriguing and I really wonder how that's going to turn out. And I love the setting (Louisiana), too! Yeah, really can't wait for this to come out.

Top Bottom