• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lindsay Lohan Goes After 'Grand Theft Auto V'

peace

Neo Member
What? It could look similar to thousands of people, then. It looks nothing like Lindsay to me, much more like Kate Upton or even a young Cameron Diaz. Lindsay wishes she had a body that shape.

Edit: Are you sure it isn't the girl with the hat below the other one that Lindsay reckons looks like her? That's much closer but still could be a lot of women.

Bishop89

iVc7nPWaTDFQ1.gif

jesus christ lohan.

Lol what a tool. Even if it were actually her, so what? Is South Park compensating celebrities when it depicts them as murderers, rapists, or as literally made of shit?

Joni

She said she was flattered that they used her likeness for TLOU but it wasn't appreciated because she was trying to promote Beyond. People took that as "snarky" somehow.
The ripped off part sounds snarky, yes.
Ellen Page said:
"I guess I should be flattered that they ripped off my likeness. But I am actually acting in a video game called Beyond: Two Souls, so it was not appreciated."

If I found any video game using a skinny black guy with glasses in there material, I'd sue the hell out of them too. Copy my unique features that no one else among 6 billion people on the earf have? You must be crazy.

Kinyou

So I guess Lohan would have grounds to getting paid but honestly noone in the game looks like her.
I'm not even sure if she would really have any grounds. I definitely thought of her during that mission but I guess it just fits the "drugged up teen star" stereotype. She just happens to be the one who made that stereotype famous

btw. this is the character this is about: Poppy Mitchell

poppy_gtavbsu4u.jpg

It's kind of funny how she claims to look like the Bikini girl and Poppy

Coreda

Lol what a tool. Even if it were actually her, so what? Is South Park compensating celebrities when it depicts them as murderers, rapists, or as literally made of shit?

If it actually was her then she might have a chance, as there are 'personality rights' laws that can be used to protect celebrity likenesses from being used to sell items.

However likenesses of actors have been used for video game covers for decades, so it's unlikely she'd have a case anyway.

_hekk05

Banned
Hope rockstar counter-sues

Frankly, your honor, Ms. Lohan's feeble attempts at associating herself with the Rockstar brand is pathetic, and had it been but a passing remark on the internet, we would not have considered litigation. However, we at Rockstar firmly reject Ms. Lohan and all that she stands for. It would be detrimental to our company, and our brand, if we were to allow ourselves to be associated with such a crass individual.

Nokterian

Bwhahaha ridiculous well good luck your not gonna win it and that lady on the cover when i saw it first thought was kate upton not lohan at all.

Donos

Some of the paperazzi missions are definitely inspired by her, but not sure about the appearance

The bikini girl question has already been solved

It shelby welinder (who also got paid by R*)

Well, this should go into the OP to silence the Upton rumour. I don't know what Lohans lawyers are going to pull with this.

Huh? I thought it was supposed to be Kate Upton

That's Shelby Welinder. She even got paid from Rockstar. See the link from the quoted post from Kinyou.

boeso

That sex mission was hilarious! I never made the connection to Lohan, though I'm no Hollywood nerd. She will not win anything I'm sure of that, some publicity yes, which is probably what she's after anyway. Saaaaaaaad

McLovin

Well she could easily be one of these people you chace in the paparazzi missions. But they are generic as hell. Its not rockstars fault that Lindsey herself is a cookie cutter druggie ex pop/movie star.

tkscz

She looks nothing like the girl on the cover or poppy. She might as well be suing Nintendo for Peach looking too much like her. If she needs money so bad, she should just ask Charlie Sheen for another half mil.

I always thought that girl on the cover looked like a bad imitation of Yvonne Strahovski. Neither Rockstar nor BioWare could get her right.

At least I'm glad to hear Rockstar wasn't really trying.

McLovin

The only character in the game that sort of looks lile lohan is Michaels wife. And she's a brunette.
Also kind of funny that she's admitting what she is. "Look at that drugged up teen having anal! Its obviously me!"

peace

Neo Member
Well, this should go into the OP to silence the Upton rumour. I don't know what Lohans lawyers are going to pull with this.

That's Shelby Welinder. She even got paid from Rockstar. See the link from the quoted post from Kinyou.

The drawing looks much more like Kate to me. It's almost an exact match to the photo of Kate.

_Ryo_

Even if it was her likeness, it would probably fall into the label of parody, which makes it completely legal.

Another frivolous lawsuit.

Bikini girl, not her

The washed up older actress mission , maybe lol

The scandal mission was a spoof on selena gomez and justin bieber

I hope R* countersues for lawyer fees.

GodofWine

All they would need to do, if they were feeling that they MIGHT lose a big settlement, is claim that those were based on specifc other people and offer those people a far lesser payout.

They could even arrange for this to happen, probably be some models and actresses out there who would do it for free just for a headline.

...Lindsay go home.

Madness

A blond woman in SoCal - must be Lohan.

Exactly what I'm thinking. A blonde celebu-tard actress/California from Southern California who's had problems with the law and paparazzi. Must only be Lindsay Logan lol. So self deluded. How does she even still have the money for frivolous lawsuits?

Top Bottom