• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Link costume and Mario & Luigi Felynes in Monster Hunter 4 (Nintendo-Capcpom collab)

Tenki

ibe8A3EydGkY9Z.gif

This morning there's been a Monster Hunter 4 Direct, and they have shown that Nintendo-Capcom collaboration.

Mario & Luigi costumes for the Felynes:
tzW3Xc1.png

From cvxfreak's Twitter:

You can download the Mario & Luigi Collaboration Quest at Seven Eleven and then via internet afterwards. More details coming later.

Link costume for the hunters, along with the Master Swordand the Hylian Shield, Sacred Bow from Skyward Sword...:

wrsfSCa.png

iNYE400UX3Dp5.gif

Here's a video with both parts. It starts with the Felynes and the Zelda part starts around minute 1:09: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiRJE1Q_gN8

Also Nintendo guild cards:

Iwata twittered additional collaboration-infos: Custom Guildcard-backgrounds and poses:

BTo6i5LCUAAb1Rh.jpg

BTo6w81CUAAdLwb.jpg

And some pics:

Nintendo IP in new monhun game: costumes + guild cards.

"In the morning, you will throb." sez the developers.

Yeah sure I mean, what's up with that Mario stage or Donkey Kong x MonHun screen? Are that part of the game or just promotional shit?
Anyway the Link costumes is cool and fits well, the Mario part is just shit. Nintendo shoves it everywhere really lol

Brofield

I was expecting Link-inspired armour, like a Great Jaggi armour set but green with a brown leather strap and a massive sword but styled like the Master Sword.

But this is cool too. Guess that means that the tunic won't have high defense against fire or dragons...or water...or anything, really. Probably just boost attack and reduce stun.

It's starting to get really annoying how man resources Nintendo is wasting trying to exploit nostalgia when they should be fixing problems like first party output and creating a real account system.

Nope, priority number 1 is mario and zelda costumes for all!

QaaQer

Yeah sure I mean, what's up with that Mario stage or Donkey Kong x MonHun screen? Are that part of the game or just promotional shit?
Anyway the Link costumes is cool and fits well, the Mario part is just shit. Nintendo shoves it everywhere really lol

Guild card backgrounds. yeah the art style clashes for sure, but they are optional. The Mario costume is really bizzare, but funny as hell.

I was hoping that bowser would be a killable monster, but as someone said "no way Nintendo lets you kill, gut, and then hold the carcass above your head of one of their iconic pieces of IP."

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It's starting to get really annoying how man resources Nintendo is wasting trying to exploit nostalgia when they should be fixing problems like first party output and creating a real account system.

But, cats! Wearing hats!

Riki

It's starting to get really annoying how many resources Nintendo is wasting trying to exploit nostalgia when they should be fixing problems like first party output and creating a real account system.
Because the one or two developers they used on this are the ones that could also create account systems?

Tenki

Both trailers here. Add them to OP please

Monster Hunter 4 Gameplay - Link from The Legend of Zelda costume Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN8rGEdgb74

Monster Hunter 4 - Mario and Luigi Costume Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH66T7WR9AE

The Mario one is blocked :( anyway, both videos are just under the Link part.

It's starting to get really annoying how many resources Nintendo is wasting trying to exploit nostalgia when they should be fixing problems like first party output and creating a real account system.
Apples and oranges.

I want this too, but I doubt it was a taxing venture to slap together some alt. costumes for a handheld game.

Iceblade

I think you misunderstand the concept of resource allocation in this industry.

MrT-Tar

Is Nintendo actually making the models for the Link armour and Master Sword? Do you have a source for that? One would assume it would be Capcom.

WillyFive

Who says they aren't. I doubt letting Capcom use the Link and Mario IP is keeping Nintendo from working on anything else.

qq more

I didn't know the team that manages the networking are involved in this promotion.

They could design a game instead.

I didn't know an entire dev team is making a few models for this promotion either!

Wow, you sure know a lot about game development. Please, tell me more.

sakipon

I doubt I'm getting the game since I played too much Tri. Just chiming in that I love the trend of Nintendo lending their IP outfits easily - to Tekken, to Rayman, to Monster Hunter. This is awesome.

Yeah, the business relations guys creating and reinforcing ties to capcom could otherwise have been programming those secure network databases.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Because the one or two developers they used on this are the ones that could also create account systems?
You don't understand. That 5 mins conversation that the Nintendo representative spend suggesting the costume collaborations with Capcom could have been used to make more Nintendo games!

I didn't know the team that works on the networking on the 3DS/Wii U are involved in this promotion.

Dump the resource working/overseeing this blatant nostalgic exploit and hire more guys for their network team instead.

In the end of the day, Nintendo is spending money and time on this when it could be used for more pressing matters.

Frodo

Yes. Because EAD Tokyo, MONOLITHSOFT and Retro stopped for a month to make the costumes happen in a CAPCOM game. Sure...

Yes Boss!

Whoa,

Don't know anything or have ever played any Monster Hunter but I'll be grabbing it for the Nintendo in-game costumes for sure.

qq more

Dump the resource working/overseeing this blatant nostalgic exploit and hire more guys for their network team instead.

In the end of the day, Nintendo is spending money and time on this when it could be used for more pressing matters.

Oh, I didn't know it was completely impossible to do 2 things at once...

Tell me more about how these things work, please. You seem very well versed in that. :)

Erethian

How are they spending money and time on this?

As if nintendo spent money or manpower for those cameos, are you serious?

They should stop doing Nintendo directs too, that time and money they spend on that could have had the cameramen making a sequel to mach rider.

qq more

They should stop doing Nintendo directs too, that time and money they spend on that could have had the cameramen making a sequel to mach rider.

While we're at it, we should close Club Nintendo. That's taking too many resources when they could've easily make 5000000 AAA titles!

Man... just imagine... we could've gotten Mother 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and F-Zero WX and WX2. Maybe we could've gotten Donkey Kong Trooper Challenge too!

Top Bottom