• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkedin Stalking: Mirada Studios worked on a Fallout 4 cinematic trailer

salromano

Website link: http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/f...tion_company_to_create_fallout_4_trailer.html

CV link not provided by website: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/luis-nieves/30/186/946/nl

zZGnmMv.jpg

I don't think Bethesda and Obsidian are on good terms anymore

Yeah I think the fallout NV metacritic bonus situation must have added a little strain to the relationship.

Anyone want to guess how many Fallout 4 threads there will be before the games release. I look forward to posting in them all.

mclem

Just as long as Mr. del Toro is fully aware of the importance of pulling back from a radio playing a 50's classic.

Fat4all

Banned
Given del Toros video game track record, I'm sure this will go perfectly well without any issues or complications.

xzeldax3

Will Fallout 4 finally break the del Toro curse??? Or will it succumb it's power and die like the other games he was attached to?

Find out next on...
Dragonball Z!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Hey, guys, guys: It'll be cancelled soon! Get it? Did anybody get that joke I made?
It's because his last two video game projects were cancelled. Get it?

I don't think Bethesda and Obsidian are on good terms anymore

I would assume Obsidian still wouldn't say no to such a project.

Make sense with the connection between Ron Pearlman and Del Toro. Hope this happens, those are going to be some interesting mutant designs.

EDIT: Damn, got too excited and didn't click the link. Still, it's possible. :D

Nibel

Eh, 'cinematic trailer'.

Combining this information with the rumors from PC Games, this means we'll see a CG trailer with a '2016' at the end, huh.

Eh, 'cinematic trailer'.

Combining this information with the rumors from PC Games, this means we'll see a CG trailer with a '2016' at the end, huh.

Outside of TESO, which was made by a different team, Bethesda in recent history make their trailers using actual in-game assets. Every part of the Skyrim Trailer for example, is technically in the game. Same with Fallout3. TESO was such a departure from that tradition that I automatically realised the game must suck.

Basically, assuming Bethesda hadn't gone insane, I predict the Fallout4 trailer to be a decent representation of the PC in-game graphics at max settings. This had been the case in the past. If anything because of Mods, the real games end up BETTER than the trailers.

Nibel

Outside of TESO, which was made by a different team, Bethesda in recent history make their trailers using actual in-game assets. Every part of the Skyrim Trailer for example, is technically in the game. Same with Fallout3. TESO was such a departure from that tradition that I automatically realised the game must suck.

Basically, assuming Bethesda hadn't gone insane, I predict the Fallout4 trailer to be a decent representation of the PC in-game graphics at max settings. This had been the case in the past. If anything because of Mods, the real games end up BETTER than the trailers.

Anything would do me, was totally hyped after seeing first FO3 trailer.

https://youtu.be/iYZpR51XgW0

EDIT : Rewatching it now, it may be the most honest trailer for a game.

I'm just assuming that the entire trailer might be made by an outside company which is why I tend to think this might be CG. Really hope the rumors will be true and they'll present some form of gameplay.

And Gooner, watching that trailer gave me goosebumps. Amazing.

Jonnax

Is that because Obsidian made a better game than Bethesda will ever be capable of?

Well that, and also them losing out on money from the game because they got a 84 metacritic instead of a 85+. I believe they had to lay off people because of that..

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/15/obsidian-missed-fallout-new-vegas-metacritic-bonus-by-one-point/

Such is the case with Obsidian's Fallout: New Vegas contract with Bethesda, wherein the developer only received royalties if the game matched or exceeded an 85 rating on Metacritic.

The Metacritic news comes just one day after we reported layoffs at the California-based developer -- layoffs that were said to be the result of a canceled next-gen project (codenamed "North Carolina") for an unnamed console.

Our tipster tells us that the North Carolina project was "desperately needed" for the studio's continued survival, which matches reports that Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart "choked up" while addressing his employees about the canned project.

I don't think they'd want to work with a company like that again.

Like I said; shit. Bethesda buying the Fallout ip is the worst thing that has ever happened in the video game industry.

To you maybe, it's in my overall top 5. Probably my most played single player game.

EDIT: Actually rating them, it's my no1

1. Fallout 3
2. Red Dead Redemption
3 .Burnout Paradise
4. Tony Hawk 3
5. Sim City 2000

Odah

Banned
So many salty people in here lmao.

Listen, if you don't like a game, or a company, it doesn't equal to game XYZ being bad. YOU find it bad and that's okay, everyone has different opinions, but I'm sorry to tell you guys, but...in the case of Fallout 3, Oblivion, Skyrim and especially Morrowind, you guys are in the minority.

If those games would be so bad like everyone tries to make them here then noone would buy them, yet both franchises sell exceedingly well. Skyrim alone sold over 20 Mil. copies. The Fallout franchise was nothing before Bethesda took over. Fallout is only that well known around the world and gamers because THEY made the ip become successful, before it wasn't and without BGS it would have never been.

In The Elder Scroll's case I don't even have to say anything. Point already proven.

Let's keep the Natrium to healthy levels here.

OT: Can anyone tell me which trailers this guy did in the past for games?

Top Bottom