• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkedin Stalking: Mirada Studios worked on a Fallout 4 cinematic trailer

It's so close I can taste it....and it tastes like nuclear waste. But seriously I am so ready to jump back in to another Bethesda rpg, they just handle immersion so well.

As awesome as Fallout (the second one especially) was, should it really go on forever? At some point, it's just better to have a fresh start. Both psychologically and in terms of creative freedom.
To horribly mutilate a Nolan qoute: "You either die a cult classic, or live long enough to see yourself become Skyrim."

(And I don't think of Fallout 1,2 and NV and Fallout 3 to be of the same franchise)

Not at all but Van Buren sounded like it was going to be incredible.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Van_Buren
I was really looking forward to it ;_;.

Big Dog

It's kind of sad how this reveal will be a cinematic trailer that probably won't have in game footage shown. Let's hope that other rumor of a 30 minute gameplay session is true otherwise this will be a real tease of a trailer as far as game quality.

Hope it's Obsidian. That metacritic debacle was terrible but they are great at what they do. And after City: Skylines and especially after Pillars. Holy fuck!

Lingitiz

Yep, Obsidian is surprisingly cool about stuff like that. Chris Avellone has also said that he would love to make a Knights of the Old Republic 3, even though he and Obsidian were treated horrible by everyone when they made the second game.
Obsidian is not exactly in a position to hold grudges or be picky about they work on. Pillars gave them a ton of breathing room, but they're still an extraordinarily large studio.

Still it's only a distant dream they'd be on Fallout 4. Let's just be realistic and hope Bethesda has improved their writing and quest design teams.

Tigress

Obsidian is not exactly in a position to hold grudges or be picky about they work on. Pillars gave them a ton of breathing room, but they're still an extraordinarily large studio.

Still it's only a distant dream they'd be on Fallout 4. Let's just be realistic and hope Bethesda has improved their writing and quest design teams.

Yeah, I know a year or two back some one from Obsidian said they would love to do another Fallout and thought it was a good idea for Bethesda to do east coast fallout cause that was the area they were more familiar with and Obsidian do west coast. I'm all for that scenario, twice the Fallout. And while I prefer Obsidian's Fallout and think it is definitely superior, I'll totally enjoy a Bethesda one too.

Xater

So this is pretty funny. Read bottom to top

bildschirmfoto2015-05jia43.png
:

Jim's comment nails it:

bildschirmfoto2015-05a7zk7.png

Derp

Aren't they making it even worse with those emails and stuff telling sites to take down their articles? Wouldn't that give people way more reason to believe that this is real? I don't understand the tactic.

My hope is that the cinematic trailer will be released before E3, to announce the game and build hype for the press conference where we'll then get a full reveal and gameplay...right? Right?!

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
You think companies would be aware of the streisand effect by now.

Arulan

Listen, if you don't like a game, or a company, it doesn't equal to game XYZ being bad. YOU find it bad and that's okay, everyone has different opinions, but I'm sorry to tell you guys, but...in the case of Fallout 3, Oblivion, Skyrim and especially Morrowind, you guys are in the minority.

I don't think many would state that Bethesda games have always been terrible. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is a fantastic game. As far as world-simulation goes, it's still one of the best examples. The care for small details that allow for scrutiny gives the world credibility most games never achieve. Here are a few examples:

That said, post-Morrowind Elder Scrolls games have suffered design changes that have had negative ramifications for the series. One of the most drastic changes was that of quest-marker design in Oblivion and subsequent games, which has a severe effect on the entire game. It's this move towards a mainstream audience, simplification, and production values that has caused the decline in quality for the series. It's no wonder why many hold a negative opinion based on this change.

If those games would be so bad like everyone tries to make them here then noone would buy them, yet both franchises sell exceedingly well. Skyrim alone sold over 20 Mil. copies. The Fallout franchise was nothing before Bethesda took over. Fallout is only that well known around the world and gamers because THEY made the ip become successful, before it wasn't and without BGS it would have never been.

I hope you're not trying to use a appeal to the people fallacy as grounds for their quality. It's true their recent games have sold more, which is why they continue to target the mainstream demographic, and why important design decisions are swayed in favor of what the mainstream wants, despite the consequences. Fallout 3 particularly continued with many of the design faults Oblivion introduced. Not only that, but it also chose to do things that didn't respect the lore and core design philosophies of the previous games, something that at least New Vegas was able to do.

The Fallout franchise was nothing before Bethesda took over.

They were only two of some of the best RPGs of all time, and are still considered to be so by many RPG enthusiast.

Ultimately, it's particular disappointing that Bethesda, after the showcase for world-building that was Morrowind, has gone in the opposite direction. Their games are no longer trying to simulate a world, but are more akin to theme parks. Despite all I've said, I don't think Bethesda has quite declined to the point of being terrible, and I am looking forward to seeing what they do with Fallout 4. The one recent rumor I'm particularly afraid of is that of the player-character being fully voiced.

Nzyme32

So this is pretty funny. Read bottom to top

bildschirmfoto2015-05jia43.png
:

Jim's comment nails it:

bildschirmfoto2015-05a7zk7.png

Yeah, I read the update on her destructoid article as well:

[Update: We received an email from Mirada Studios demanding we pull this story. A representative cited inaccuracies, but also confirmed the story was breaking a non-disclosure agreement. As nobody at Destructoid signed an NDA, we're assuming that confirms somebody else broke NDA. I wonder who might be in trouble.]

It's utterly laughable to push for a takedown under the pretence that someone else's mistake of breaking their own NDA, is some how a journalists responsibility as well.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oh boy CG trailer reveal

edit: lol@ trying to control this. No one is surprised that Fallout 4 is coming.

Astrates

I wonder what their choice of music will be, that's the most important part.

Recent articles are pointing to Mirada requesting info to be pulled due to an NDA.

Gamesradar said:
That's apparently what happened, as Destructoid reports that Mirada Studios, the promotional studio which the artist linked to the Fallout 4 trailer, has cited a breach of a non-disclosure agreement and demanded the site remove its coverage of the artist's profile.

Link

ViciousDS

Banned
Norman to Guillermo

walking-dead-gifs-5.gif

edit: lol telling another site to remove information of NDA from another site.....wow, good luck with that

DrBo42

Man, it's so not okay to post this shit. People make mistakes and list things on CVs they shouldn't but when you get your quick 20 seconds of attention posting to Twitter, GAF etc you get these people blacklisted. It's fucked.

draetenth

I never saw the Fallout 3 reveal and I'm not really sure how I feel about a CG Fallout 4 reveal.

As much as I would prefer an Obsidian Fallout (to the point I would preorder the collector's edition), we would've heard something by now if Fallout 4 has really been in production for awhile. I'm definitely getting Fallout 4, but i'm waiting for the GOTY/Ultimate edition and the modding community to grow some (I wonder if paid mods are being introduced.

I also don't see Obsidian letting the Metacritic thing prevent them from working with Bethesda again. Like someone mentioned early, Obsidian can't really afford to say no to any project even with the success of Pillars of Eternity. In fact, I'm pretty sure Obsidian is a bit bigger than Bethesda Game Studios (who makes the Elder Scrolls + Fallout games).

Yeah, I know a year or two back some one from Obsidian said they would love to do another Fallout and thought it was a good idea for Bethesda to do east coast fallout cause that was the area they were more familiar with and Obsidian do west coast. I'm all for that scenario, twice the Fallout. And while I prefer Obsidian's Fallout and think it is definitely superior, I'll totally enjoy a Bethesda one too.

Yeah, I remember reading that too. I agree with the bolded.

They were only two of some of the best RPGs of all time, and are still considered to be so by many RPG enthusiast.

Ultimately, it's particular disappointing that Bethesda, after the showcase for world-building that was Morrowind, has gone in the opposite direction. Their games are no longer trying to simulate a world, but are more akin to theme parks. Despite all I've said, I don't think Bethesda has quite declined to the point of being terrible, and I am looking forward to seeing what they do with Fallout 4. The one recent rumor I'm particularly afraid of is that of the player-character being fully voiced.

Excellent post, but these two paragraphs in particular were great.

I know I have Fallout 1 + 2 at the top of my best RPG list of all time, I play them each year they are so good.

The bold is the big thing for me as to why I didn't really care for Fallout 3 as much as Fallout: NV (besides the writing and quests of course). Fallout 3 felt like a theme park, Fallout: NV felt like a society trying to pick up the pieces after a nuclear war.

I never saw the Fallout 3 reveal and I'm not really sure how I feel about a CG Fallout 4 reveal.

As much as I would prefer an Obsidian Fallout (to the point I would preorder the collector's edition), we would've heard something by now if Fallout 4 has really been in production for awhile. I'm definitely getting Fallout 4, but i'm waiting for the GOTY/Ultimate edition and the modding community to grow some (I wonder if paid mods are being introduced.

I also don't see Obsidian letting the Metacritic thing prevent them from working with Bethesda again. Like someone mentioned early, Obsidian can't really afford to say no to any project even with the success of Pillars of Eternity. In fact, I'm pretty sure Obsidian is a bit bigger than Bethesda Game Studios (who makes the Elder Scrolls + Fallout games).

Yeah, I remember reading that too. I agree with the bolded.

Excellent post, but these two paragraphs in particular were great.

I know I have Fallout 1 + 2 at the top of my best RPG list of all time, I play them each year they are so good.

The bold is the big thing for me as to why I didn't really care for Fallout 3 as much as Fallout: NV (besides the writing and quests of course). Fallout 3 felt like a theme park, Fallout: NV felt like a society trying to pick up the pieces after a nuclear war.

I don't think I could disagree with that harder if I tried. If anything, Bethesda has gotten better and better at creating immersive worlds.

That said, I do prefer New Vegas, but largely because the writing was great. I preferred 3's story though.

I'm confused as to why someone would be so oblivious as to how big a deal Fallout 4 is and still update their LinkedIn with the information that they worked on it . The game hasn't even been announced yet and this person puts it on their resume after signing a NDA lol.

DrBo42

I'm confused as to why someone would be so oblivious as to how big a deal Fallout 4 is and still update their LinkedIn with the information that they worked on it . The game hasn't even been announced yet and this person puts it on their resume after also a NDA lol.

Happens way more often than you think. Some are just kids out of school, others don't understand the game culture at all/that people will look for this. Some make the mistake of thinking it's already debuted or out etc. These people ultimately lose their jobs etc while the studios they work for usually don't get that work anymore. It's good for literally no one when these things hit the internet. /rant

Happens way more often than you think. Some are just kids out of school, others don't understand the game culture at all/that people will look for this. Some make the mistake of thinking it's already debuted or out etc. These people ultimately lose their jobs etc while the studios they work for usually don't get that work anymore. It's good for literally no one when these things hit the internet.

I'm sure it does happen a lot, it's just weird that people are so oblivious to their work or how the business is run. I'm pretty sure if I signed a NDA and worked in a company that deals with those types of contracts I'd probably try and be more aware of what it was I was working on lol.

DrBo42

I'm sure it does happen a lot, it's just weird that people are so oblivious to their work or how the business is run. I'm pretty sure if I see signed a NDA and worked in a company that deals with those types of contracts I'd probably try and be more aware of what it was I was working on lol.

Oh absolutely. Some people just don't get it or make an honest mistake that potentially ends their career. It's insane.

Oh absolutely. Some people just don't get it or make an honest mistake that potentially ends their career. It's insane.

yea definitely. Well hopefully in this economy Bethesda is forgiving and doesn't make too big a deal out of this mistake. It's not like anyone is remotely shocked Fallout 4 is in development lol. So hopefully no one looses work or a job over this. Maybe Bethesda will drop the trailer earlier now since this leaked. Probably not though

Why does everyone assume Obsidian would never work with Bethesda again? It's not like every company that works alongside Bethesda or under the Zenimax banner is super thrilled to be there.

Top Bottom