• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Link's Awakening: What are your memories?

Codes 208

Fuck the seventh dungeon’s pillar puzzle. This dungeon was the bane of 7 year old me’s existence.

Other than that...
Many AA batteries were sacrificed on the alter of this game when I was a child.
Same. Especially when the DX version came out and I finally got my GBC.

Chittagong

Gold Member
It was the first game I checked out on my first day at Nintendo Hotline in August 1993. They had got the US release ahead of European debut. I had a great time, and made a map out of it with our game counsellors for everyone to use.

Made me realise I started working at Nintendo 26 years ago... fuuuuuuu

Halo0629

Probably the only gameboy game that I've wasted over 100 hrs. This was the time where there are no game guides or internet to help me so I got stuck a lot of times in the game and don't know where to go next.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Ok. I’ll bite.

Who are you and what do you do?

Lol.

I started working on Nintendo Hotline when I was 14. Best job for a high schooler ever. Eventually took on Nintendo Magazine work and started to design it too. Launching Pokemon was my last big gig, I did a lot of collateral for the roll out. I left just before GBA and GameCube.

By age 20 I had 6 years of experience in gaming and marketing, so I landed a job in the hottest brand agency of the time, our clients were MTV and Diesel. From there on I have worked in the intersection of gaming, branding and marketing over the last three decades. I’ll be 40 this year, having worked in the same industries for 26 years. Never had more holiday than three weeks in one go, I think. Thinking of taking a year off.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I started working on Nintendo Hotline when I was 14. Best job for a high schooler ever. Eventually took on Nintendo Magazine work and started to design it too. Launching Pokemon was my last big gig, I did a lot of collateral for the roll out. I left just before GBA and GameCube.

By age 20 I had 6 years of experience in gaming and marketing, so I landed a job in the hottest brand agency of the time, our clients were MTV and Diesel. From there on I have worked in the intersection of gaming, branding and marketing over the last three decades. I’ll be 40 this year, having worked in the same industries for 26 years. Never had more holiday than three weeks in one go, I think. Thinking of taking a year off.
Oh right. Your the guy with the rad apartment from the gaming setup thread?

I thought you still worked at Nintendo for a second there and I wanted to get the hot SCOOPS.

Where’s my Metroid Dread dagnammit?!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Oh right. Your the guy with the rad apartment from the gaming setup thread?

I thought you still worked at Nintendo for a second there and I wanted to get the hot SCOOPS.

Where’s my Metroid Dread dagnammit?!

Yeah every now and then a part of me wonders whether I should reach out to my NOA friends and ask if I could go work for Nintendo. Get an inside look into what’s coming next, and dive into the vault. At my level I would be VP or C suite now.

But then I quickly conclude that the magic only really presents itself outside. Turning it into work makes you cynical, suddenly you see Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini for the barren and rushed experiences they actually are, and not as the next magical Rare thing. And in the inside, Nintendo is always doomed.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Yeah every now and then a part of me wonders whether I should reach out to my NOA friends and ask if I could go work for Nintendo. Get an inside look into what’s coming next, and dive into the vault. At my level I would be VP or C suite now.

But then I quickly conclude that the magic only really presents itself outside. Turning it into work makes you cynical, suddenly you see Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini for the barren and rushed experiences they actually are, and not as the next magical Rare thing. And in the inside, Nintendo is always doomed.
But, they have treasures like the Sky Skipper arcade cabinet sitting in a locked warehouse for 30 years waiting to be discovered.

You could be like the Nintendo Indiana Jones!

SegaShack

This was when Nintendo games were not only incredibly well made but also had mystery and personality to them. Fantastic game.

I personally couldnt stand it. The quirky nonsense, the godawful fetch quest chain, and the slow as molasses exploration all bugged the hell out of me. I get that much of the games issues are due to the hardware but I still hated playing it.

Were you talking about OoT here?

Airola

It's the third best Zelda game after Zelda 1 & 2. The best of the types of Zelda games A Link to the Past started.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Some very strong opinions in here, and I'm looking forward to trying it myself.

Looks like it just has a placeholder date of 12.31.19 for now, I wonder when it will actually release. The December release for Smash Bros. really worked out for Nintendo.

Top Bottom