• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List: Already released PS4 titles that will get a PS4 Pro mode/update

Raylan

Banned
Just for your information: Upcoming games like Gravity Rush 2, Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, Days Gone, Mass Effect Andromeda, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, Battlefield 1, Final Fantasy XV, etc. will get a PS4 Pro mode, of course. All PS4 games will, as it seems.
All PS4 games will run on the original PS4 and on the PS4 Pro.

This list here contains all games which are already available (right now) that will get a PS4 Pro mode / get the PS4 Pro treatment. I will update it as soon as I/we get new informations.

MEn0gHz.png

Uncharted 4
The Last of Us Remastered

Infamous: Second Son
Infamous: First Light

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Paragon
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
FIFA 17 (Confirmed by EA during the PlayStation Meeting)
Fallout 4
Elder Scrolls Online
Futuridium
The Witness
PES 2017

NBA 2K17
Mafia 3
Ratchet & Clank
(F1 2016 - Codemasters investigating PS4 Pro patch)

Question Time:
Q: Will these games look better on my ordinary 1080 TV?
A: Yes. For exampe, see Paragon *here* and *here* or read this *here*

Moosichu

Do you think it might be worth saying what the upgrades do?

(better textures, higher frame rates, true 4K, fancy-upscale to 4K etc)

Does this mean better 1080p performance, or just 4k upscale?

I think it's safe to assume that any game getting Pro support patched in will have benefits for both 1080p and 4k displays but the specifics will have to be provided by the devs since its up to them how to handle it.

jwk94

OP, the Ultimate FAQ makes it seem as though not all games after the console's release will support or are required to support Pro mode:

Following PS4 Pro’s launch on November 10 in North America, virtually all new PS4 game releases moving forward will be able to take advantage of PS4 Pro capabilities on day one, or in some cases shortly after launch via a downloadable update.

OP, the Ultimate FAQ makes it seem as though not all games after the console's release will support or are required to support Pro mode:
I read this as virtually all on day one and then a few will have to be patched in. It's mandatory.

Cardon

The inclusion of Shadow of Mordor is so odd to me if it isn't a case of raising hype/market awareness for the presumed sequel set for next year. Here's hoping MKX or even Arkham Knight gets Pro support at some point.

ZeroCDR

The inclusion of Shadow of Mordor is so odd to me if it isn't a case of raising hype/market awareness for the presumed sequel set for next year. Here's hoping MKX or even Arkham Knight gets Pro support at some point.

May have been an easy test game to patch, get a feel for the process and all.

Taker34

Banned
Elder Scrolls Online, Deus Ex and MW1 are great titles, so I'm absolutely thrilled that these will be upgraded. Can't wait!

eso76

I would assume better 1080p performance should just naturally happen without the need for an update, especially if issues were GPU related.

It would be interesting to see how Just Cause 3, Assassin's Creed Unity and the Witcher 3 perform on Ps4Neo for example.
Well, in AC case i believe the bottleneck was the CPU more than anything

Raylan

Banned

Here you go:

Question Time:
Q: Will these games look better on my ordinary 1080 TV?
A: Yes. For exampe, see Paragon *here* and *here*

I think OP should add titles from this picture from PS Asia conference.
5wO4f4i.png
Nah. This thread is for 'already released' titles. Of course future titles will get a PS4 Pro mode. All of them will have one.

Ferr986

I really don't see FROM bothering at all with Bloodborne, they couldn't be arsed to fix framepacing (and it's not like they couldn't on PS4) and they clearly don't care too much about framerate.
Hell they didn't even care about a simple CA option.

Shahed

All games probably will have it. They more than likely are saying virtually all instead of all to cover themselves if there's an unforeseen outlier for whatever reason. Kind of like how McDonald's say 99% of their trucks recycle their cooking oil. They don't say 100% just in case there's a single truck that forever reason doesn't and makes their statement untrue.

Ricky_R

I understand that optimizing a game for Pro won't get a game like Uncharted 4 to run at 60fps, but would it make a game like Infamous SS which runs unlocked over 30 fps most of the time?

Bl@de

We don't know bloodborne won't get it. Yet.

It will be crushing if it doesn't though

Don't count on it. Sony confirmed that framerate has to be the same on PS4 and Pro. Bloodborne is always online (by design, only offline if you opt out). Upscaling? Sure. 60fps? No.

Ferr986

Don't count on it. Sony confirmed that framerate has to be the same on PS4 and Pro. Bloodborne is always online (by design, only offline if you opt out). Upscaling? Sure. 60fps? No.

I don't think FROM could be capable of running BB at 60fps on PRO even if Sony let them, honestly.

skybald

Does anyone have that Shadow of Mordor video? I saw it for a second as I was backing out of the Giantbomb stream.

Kinda disappointed that more Sony games aren't getting the upgrade. Why should other devs bother if they're not going to.

Ratchet, Bloodborne, Driveclub, Resogun, and the PS3 remasters would look great at 4k.

I was wondering why the initial list only had the infamous expansion, but now the main game is listed.

It makes sense, would be odd to support the stand alone expansion instead of the full game.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So, just to be clear, The Last Guardian will have a Pro mode of some sort?

If any game needs it, it's fallout 4.

Even a steady 30 would be nice.

There is offline mode. It will be a stupid excuse not to make it 60 FPS. The online in this game is really not great anyway.

ElFly

It'd be p rad if bloodborne ran at 30fps tho

Pennywise

No Battlefront? This still gets DLC, so why no Neo-Mode?
The list is only the stuff we known so far through the media event and what some developers stated, so it's not final and other titles will make it onto the list.
Which titles exactly will follow path, is another topic and one of the negative points about the whole unveil so far.

I dunno. Witcher 3 could use a little extra loving. Shadow fade in and grass fade in being upped on the Pro would be real nice.

Oh and of course Fallout 4 being patched to not run like trash but maybe thats asking too much from Bethesda.

Yep to both of them.

Shari

Just for your informaton: All games after late september must ship with a PS4 Pro mode. So there is no need to list future games here, because all of them will have that mode. Gravity Rush 2, Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, Days Gone, Mass Effect Andromeda, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, Battlefield 1, Final Fantasy XV, etc.

This is very misleading, while all games must have a Pro mode there's no enforcement on Sony's part to make the Pro mode better, so for all you know the Pro mode can very well be a carbon copy of the PS4 mode.

Understand this or there will be another drama like native 4k vs upscaled 4k.

Top Bottom