• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List: Already released PS4 titles that will get a PS4 Pro mode/update

GreekWolf

I'd love to see DOOM at 1080p/60fps on max settings for the Pro

That should be easily achievable and would look fantastic

Where's the link saying all games must have it?
The PlayStation access video "everything you need to know about PlayStation Pro" says all 1st party games in 2017 will support it and they are "working with 3rd parties to help them bring their games out on PS4P in future".

That doesn't sound mandatory.

cheesekao

I think OP should fact check the "all games post September must have a pro mode" because I don't think that's the case.

Playsage

Where the link saying all games must have it?
The PlayStation access video "everything you need to know about PlayStation Pro" says all 1st party games in 2017 will support it and they are "working with 3rd parties to help them bring their games out on PS4P in future".

They are referring to the leaked documents that came out months ago and where the source of the previous rumor about specs (the correct ones)

farisr

I think OP should fact check the "all games post September must have a pro mode" because I don't think that's the case.
The only way to fact check that at this point is if it gets disproved, which would be by a developer for a game releasing after september outright saying there won't be a Pro mode, or new developer documentation comes out for the Pro having removed the requirement and worded more like a suggestion, or an actual game comes out post September, that doesn't have a Pro mode.

So far, nothing from that document has been inaccurate.

cheesekao

The only way to fact check that at this point is if it gets disproved, which would be by a developer for a game releasing after september outright saying there won't be a Pro mode, or new developer documentation comes out for the Pro having removed the requirement and worded more like a suggestion, or an actual game comes out post September, that doesn't have a Pro mode.

So far, nothing from that document has been inaccurate.
In time then.

Also, Ratchet and Clank should be added.

“But at the same time I’m going back and changing our last Ratchet & Clank to also supporting HDR and 4K output and, so far, what I’ve found is because it wasn’t authored with 4K in mind the addition of HDR… has a lot more punch than the improved resolution.”

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/09/08/ahdr-is-really-the-futurea-says-naughty-dog-lead-programmer

Mcdohl

Just for your information: All games after late september must ship with a PS4 Pro mode. So there is no need to list future games here, because all of them will have that mode. .

I wonder how HD remasters, such as FFXII Zodiac Age will have mandatory PRO. What would be the point in cases like that?

Bethesda barely cared enough to do proper console optimization in the first place.

It'd be nice if Sony took the leash off the mod file size cap for the Pro's release-- and for both OG PS4 and Pro obviously in order to keep parity of features-- so Bethesda can finally move ahead with implementing mod support. User created mods could be a sneaky way to show off the Pro's power vs. the OG console.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Where's the link saying all games must have it?

As someone mentioned on the first page, that is a misleading quote. All PS4 games will work on a PS4 Pro; that doesn't mean that the games will have to take advantage of the PS4 Pro hardware. It will all depend on how "easy" it is to fiddle with I'd imagine.

Papacheeks

Banned
Kinda disappointed that more Sony games aren't getting the upgrade. Why should other devs bother if they're not going to.

Ratchet, Bloodborne, Driveclub, Resogun, and the PS3 remasters would look great at 4k.

It makes sense, would be odd to support the stand alone expansion instead of the full game.

Ratchet was mentioned actually by one of the developers at the PRO event:

"At the NYC event, Sony’s selection of developers made it sound like making sure games support HDR wouldn’t require a lot of additional work. Al Hastings, chief technology officer of frequent Sony developer Insomniac Studios estimated that it was only taking one “person-month” (the amount of labor it’d take one person to do in one month or, say, two people to do in half a month) to get the PS4's Ratchet & Clank game to support HDR.
Kotaku

NBA 2K17 appears on that image from PlaystationAsia, so it's safe to assume it's going to be supported. As a matter of fact, I would guess the huge majority of games releasing the rest of the year will be patched, especially AAA blockbuster games like the 2K franchise.

If true, I'm cancelling my Xb1 preorder.

HeelPower

Don't count on it. Sony confirmed that framerate has to be the same on PS4 and Pro. Bloodborne is always online (by design, only offline if you opt out). Upscaling? Sure. 60fps? No.

What ??

Frame rate has to be the same on PS4 and Pro ?

What is this nonsense ?why bother making pro if you're gonna purposefully hold it back ?

I cant believe nobody has asked sony if there is a mandatory neo mode for future games. It sounds like thats not the case, and if thats true we need to know about it.

orochi91

What ??

What is this nonsense ?why bother making pro anyway ?!!
For multiplayer games they have to be the same.

Bloodborne has PVP, hence why framerate will be unchanged, but it also has an offline mode so it may get patched.

farisr

I wonder how HD remasters, such as FFXII Zodiac Age will have mandatory PRO. What would be the point in cases like that?
Super clean downsampled IQ, terrific AA, AF, etc at 1080p , for 4ktvs native rendering possibly, or absolutely no chance of framerate drops (if there were some on the regular ps4 version). There are always improvements that can be done. But yeah, if it 's a well done remaster on the ps4 already, the main benefit would be for 4k tv owners, as it'd undoubtedly still look better running at or close to native 4k, than 1080p being upscaled.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
What ??

What is this nonsense ?why bother making pro if you're gonna purposefully hold it back ?

For multiplayer, yes. Its kinda unfair going 60fps X 30fps.

scitek

I wanna know which titles will get an update to support HDR on the existing PS4. I'd like to try some out while waiting for the Pro.

What ??

It's frustrating, I agree.

I cant believe nobody has asked sony if there is a mandatory neo mode for future games. It sounds like thats not the case, and if thats true we need to know about it.

I thought that was the clear part; future games will need to compatible with both SKUs. Is it muddy because "pro compatible" doesn't inherently mean more bells and whistles?

Just started playing Witcher 3 last week, but I'll now stop and wait to see if they patch in Neo mode. Already preordered the console.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
What ??

With the CPU, there would be no way to make a game 30fps with drops versus 60fps in the first place, but they are covering their bases there. What will be allowed is both games targeting 30 or 60, but the NEO version being smoother. There is no way to keep both games exactly the same performance wise. If there happend to be another souls game, Pro would have to support it with a better framerate by default

Then how do they manage varying FPS on PC Souls games?

I bet its all over the place there,given the variety in hardware and settings among users.

It absolutely is. I think what Sony is doubling down on is the perception that there's an expectation of a unified experience, and so MP performance on the Pro is shackled to the OG hardware, which is lame, but I understand why they're taking the stance they are.

It's frustrating, I agree.

I thought that was the clear part; future games will need to compatible with both SKUs. Is it muddy because "pro compatible" doesn't inherently mean more bells and whistles?

That's not the same thing. All PS4 games work on the Neo with or without a patch. The question is whether all games going forward will be enhanced to take advantage of the Neo hardware. That needs to be made clear.

Top Bottom