• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of known resolutions for next-gen games

artist

Banned
The other thread got locked, mainly because people started going way off topic and bringing drivel and filth from known shitholes. This isnt a thread for that. This isnt a thread about drive-by posters as well, just dont feed them. :p

With that said, I tried to put together a list of known resolutions of the next-gen games. If you have any games with known resolutions, please share and I'll update the OP.

(Including Wii U for totality, please dont get side-tracked there as well :p)

Playstation 4

Xbox One

Wii U
  • Pikmin 3 = 1280 × 720
  • Super Smash Bros = 1920x1080
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker HD = 1920x1080 (30fps)
  • Scribblenauts = 1920 × 1080
  • Assassin’s Creed 3 = 1280x720 (post-AA)
  • Batman: Arkham City Armoured Edition = 1280x720 (FXAA)
  • Carl on Duty: Black Ops 2 = 880x720 (2xAA)
  • Darksiders 2 = 1152x640 (post-AA)
  • Mass Effect 3: Conrad Edition = 1280x720 (FXAA)
  • Monster Hunter 3G HD = 1920x1080 (no AA)
  • Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012) = 1280x704 (post-AA)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U = 1280x720 (no AA on world map, post-AA in-game)
  • Ninja Gaiden: Razor’s Edge = dynamic up to 1280x720 (dynamic 2xAA)
  • Rayman: Legends = 1920x1080 (no AA)
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed = 1024x576 (post-AA)
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist = 1280x720 (post-AA)
  • ZombiU = 1280x720 (post-AA)

sn00zer

Interesting thread....kind of wish we had a separate gaming section with lists like these that people can reference

qko

Can we get a thread on frames per second? I prefer 60 fps over 1080p anyday of the week. Of course if both are given then I'm a happy gamer.

JordanN

Banned
Wii U
Mighty Switch Force HD = 1920 x 1080
Nano Assault Neo = 1280 x 720 (no AA)
Smash Bros U = 1920 x 1080

PS4/XBO:
The Crew = 1920 x 1080? (Seeing some aliasing on the wheels)

Raistlin

The Order should have an asterisk next to it, as it implies scaling. The game is not scaled, it is hard letterboxed ala bluray

Amir0x

Banned
The Order should have an asterisk next to it, as it implies scaling. The game is not scaled, it is hard letterboxed ala bluray

Yeah. Part of the motivation to go this route was probably to free up some more power, but it's not quite the same as the others. Still, it deserves a mention, albeit with an asterisk.

Timu

I read that Dead Rising 3 is 1280x720, but I don't know if that's truly confirmed, last I heard it's not in 1920x1080.

And about the new DKC, anyone knows?

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: Most likely <1080p.

Indications here:

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=39287

Wind Waker HD = "beautiful HD 1080p graphics"
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze = "beautiful HD graphics"

Also, there are other hints of a <1080p resolution, like the fact that the E3 press images were not in 1080p for DKC:TF but were in 1080p for Wind Waker HD.

nomis

Yay another thread for people who play numbers and not games.

I play the games and have to look at the fucking jaggies. This gen better not be Halo 3 all over again. Gorgeous textures and lighting marred by the ever present stain of stepped scaling lines.

Games are a visual medium, and an immersive medium. My immersion will always be more broken by terrible IQ than it will be aided by a few more particle effects.

artist

Banned
Here's a big list of confirmed resolutions for 360, PS3, and Wii U games over at Beyond3D: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

Very useful for reference and comparisons purposes.
It's the first source in the OP ;)

Would be handy to list [target] framerates as well.
I'll try to get that added.

Yay another thread for people who play numbers and not games.
Thread whining can get you banned.

As console games start to look sharper and cleaner like PC games do now, will resolution become a bigger factor next gen? I hadn't thought about it till now

I wonder, over time will we see resolutions across the board creep up to 1080p as developers get used to the hardware, or creep down as they try to cram in more effects?

Amir0x

Banned
Is that just for cinematic cut scenes or is the entire game 2.4:1?

Thats's strange

here's them talking about it. Apparently they want to achieve a more cinematic look according to their style... it seems like an excuse that is probably partially true, but hides the fact that the primary motivation is likely that they save on 280 horizontal lines of pixels, thus freeing up the ability to enhance performance elsewhere.

thuway

Is it confirmed that InFamous is running at 1080p? I don't want a situation like Ryse happening with the Sony faithful.

Amir0x

Banned
Is it confirmed that InFamous is running at 1080p? I don't want a situation like Ryse happening with the Sony faithful.

If we are to take them at their word, it's 1080@30fps. Having seen the various videos and images of Second Son I haven't counted the pixels or anything, but I'm usually pretty good at spotting these things and it seems like it's true 1080p.

Vizzeh

Banned
Yeah, as others said "The order" is design choice for a cinematic feel. Not because of technicalities which may be the first impression.

Top Bottom