• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List Of Known/Rumored GDC Announcements

Boerseun

Banned
I am expecting something from High Voltage Software. Here is the location of their booth:

High Voltage Software
GDC Booth #1214, Career Pavilion
West Hall, 1st Floor

Let's hope they show something good and manage to avoid another PR fiasco like they had with the Grinder re-reveal from two years ago ("Here, we took a game everybody wanted and turned it into something nobody wants, have a go, whydontcha?").

HylianTom

Banned
I've heard that Nintendo will be unveiling the new name for the Wii U

The Nintendo Juicy™

(yup.. they're naming the console after those words you see on girls' short-shorts. Truly, something out of left field. Very Nintendo.

-BioWare was noting they have a giant review day going on for Dragon Age, which would make sense if it's unveiling next week.

Hmmm...yeah, and according to Darrah and Laidlaw on Twitter they had another review day earlier in February too.

But even if its almost one year post DA2, isn't it too early for them to show a possible DA3? Especially if any reveal at GDC would be right against ME3's launch? Whenever they announce or unveil DA3, they'll need to have their act together given the backlash against DA2. Maybe its one last DLC for DA2, but that doesn't seem likely considering its been about 6 months since the last DLC and with the exception of Arrival, BioWare has never released a DLC more than one year post launch of the main game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hmmm...yeah, and according to Darrah and Laidlaw on Twitter they had another review day earlier in February too.

But even if its almost one year post DA2, isn't it too early for them to show a possible DA3? Especially if any reveal at GDC would be right against ME3's launch? Whenever they announce or unveil DA3, they'll need to have their act together given the backlash against DA2. Maybe its one last DLC for DA2, but that doesn't seem likely considering its been about 6 months since the last DLC and with the exception of Arrival, BioWare has never released a DLC more than one year post launch of the main game.

This time they're building on top of a game that should resemble the sequel instead of trying to build half the game from scratch, so it should put them fairly far along even only halfway through their dev cycle.

SykoTech

They really need to get around to showing Overstrike already. Like, seriously.

Looking forward to LBPKarting and Title Fight if it gets shown.

No surprise that there's nothing listed for Nintendo.

TheOddOne

Fox Engine Development Update Coming Later Today
Kojima Productions will be sharing the latest details on its new Fox Engine game engine later today. Hideo Kojima teased the update at Twitter, saying it would be posted to the Kojima Productions recruitment page and is targeted towards technological types.

All this is in anticipation of Game Developers Conference, which will be held in San Francisco next week. Kojima Productions will be recruiting at the event.

Ahasverus

MercurySteam: Castlevania LOS 2

Quote from CVdungeon quoting neogaf :p

ba25abce1f9fc0aea3e9c5d492f41b391a9a5155.png

A killer sequel, part of an espectacular reboot, blood related.. ding ding ding??

Then (neogaf quote)
Dutch Journalist Jan Meijroos is/was attending the event in and said that he couldn't say anything about what he said but that a big surprise comes out of spain, he added: 'A Spanish studio surprised friend and foe'.

Original Quote (google translatded)
Can not say anything yet about many 360 games I've played and seen today but the surprise comes from Spain ...? (not Christmas)

Cox tweeted abaout an important meeting this week.

Today we have a big meeting with..... ???? We are showing them our new project on..... ???? That is all!!

The journalist said (google translated)
lol ... no games in San Francisco with a Spanish studio surprised friend and foe

GDC is in.. you guessed it.. San Francisco
GDC 2012 San Francisco, California March 5-9

And Cox said:

Busy, busy couple of weeks. Lots of important meetings and of course, GDC. See you there?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Microsoft Studios has been been advertising a certain position to be filled, through Twitter:

Sports Entertainment Group needs the innovative & fearless to help build the next generation of sports entertainment bit.ly/xDJK4G

It's for "Development Architect-IEB-Microsoft Studios-Sports Entertainment Group (786103) Job".

Sources: http://twitter.com/#!/MSStudiosJobs/status/175135879722053635, http://www.microsoft-careers.com/jo...tainment-Group-(786103)-Job-WA-98052/1750583/

Microsoft, Interactive Entertainment has the booth CP 1208 in the Career Pavillion, along with Microsoft Corporation in booth BS500 in the Business Center. So people have every opportunity to step by and ask more about the implication of "next generation" in this. Poster muu suggested earlier in this thread Kinect Sports 3, so it could be that, but it could also concern Kinect for Windows. I'm hoping for some Durango related project.

Also, a countdown has appeared on http://www.gdconf.com/, counting down to 03/05/2012 04:59 GMT.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Rösti;35623363 said:
Microsoft Studios has been been advertising a certain position to be filled, through Twitter:

It's for "Development Architect-IEB-Microsoft Studios-Sports Entertainment Group (786103) Job".

Sources: http://twitter.com/#!/MSStudiosJobs/status/175135879722053635, http://www.microsoft-careers.com/jo...tainment-Group-(786103)-Job-WA-98052/1750583/

Microsoft, Interactive Entertainment has the booth CP 1208 in the Career Pavillion, along with Microsoft Corporation in booth BS500 in the Business Center. So people have every opportunity to step by and ask more about the implication of "next generation" in this. Poster muu suggested earlier in this thread Kinect Sports 3, so it could be that, but it could also concern Kinect for Windows. I'm hoping for some Durango related project.

Also, a countdown has appeared on http://www.gdconf.com/, counting down to 03/05/2012 04:59 GMT.

a dedicated disc golf game (finally) for kinect next? must be.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Ctrl+F "Battlefield"

Nothing? I thought we got repeated "Soon" messages from DICE and EA. Wouldn't their event be the time to show off their next DLC/expansion, whatever it may be?

dancmc

Oh man....this time of year makes me all giddy inside...can't wait for whatever is announced and to keep riding the rumor/hype train until E3 (even if most of the times the rumors/hype are better than the actual announcements!!)

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Can't companies treat GDC like, y'know, a Game Developers Conference and not a mini-E3? I thought the organizers were going against this.

Trevelyan

Banned
IS QD Sony only or did they just choose the PS3 this gen for their games?

I believe they signed a 3 game deal with Sony? I know Heavy Rain was one, and they currently have 2 more games in development.

Someone can please correct me if I'm wrong.

IS QD Sony only or did they just choose the PS3 this gen for their games?

They're a third party dev, but last year Cage said that they plan on staying exclusive to Sony for the foreseeable future. He also said that he'd be tempted if they offered to buy them.

Lingitiz

They're a third party dev, but last year Cage said that they plan on staying exclusive to Sony for the foreseeable future. He also said that he'd be tempted if they offered to buy them.

Heavy Rain sold quite well didn't it? If their next project does the same I can see Sony buying them in the future.

Soroc

Trevelyan said:
I believe they signed a 3 game deal with Sony? I know Heavy Rain was one, and they currently have 2 more games in development.

Someone can please correct me if I'm wrong.

Interesting, Thanks!

Cyberia

Heavy Rain sold quite well didn't it? If their next project does the same I can see Sony buying them in the future.

Yep, it did.

“We basically sold to date approximately two million units, we know from the trophy system that probably more than three million people bought this game and played it.”

“On my small level it’s a million people playing my game without giving me one cent. And my calculation is, as Quantic Dream, I lost between €5 and €10 million worth of royalties because of second hand gaming.”

http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/09/12/h...ond-hand-sales-eat-at-quantic-dreams-profits/

Grinchy

Banned
“On my small level it’s a million people playing my game without giving me one cent. And my calculation is, as Quantic Dream, I lost between €5 and €10 million worth of royalties because of second hand gaming.”
Yep, because all of those people who rented, borrowed, or got a used copy would have bought the game brand new otherwise. I liked the game, but I hate that stupid logic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can someone link me to the original leak that contained Forza World?

Did it mention it was open-world, or are we just assuming that from the name? I remember there being close to nothing about it in the original leak.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Can someone link me to the original leak that contained Forza World?

Did it mention it was open-world, or are we just assuming that from the name? I remember there being close to nothing about it in the original leak.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-13-kinect-ms-to-serve-hardcore-at-e3

Meanwhile, Eurogamer has heard an open world driving game called Forza World is in development at UK developer Playground Games, helmed by ex-Codemasters racing studio executive producer Gavin Raeburn.

Raeburn's LinkedIn profile reveals he's "working on an unannounced AAA title for a major publisher". During his time at Codemasters he helped reboot the Dirt and Grid series.
Signs are that Playground's game is releasing in 2012.

TheOddOne

Thank you. Guess it is open-world.

I can see MS alternating Forza and Forza World games in the future on a yearly basis.
Still hope Forza World is just a codename for PGR though.. :(
PGR is gonna get made
by RARE
. You know it, I know it, the world will not expect it brother.

Top Bottom