• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet fails to ship 1.4 million, westical's acc't buried in Nevada desert

Kittonwy said:
I've bought everything so far. >:p

I've bought the MGS4 costume and level back. I haven't bought any of the other costumes though. Everyone I know that has LBP also has the level pack though. That's why I asked this on the last page. All of the extra DLC that LBP makes should be lumped into it's sales as well to further infuriate the haters.

Kittonwy said:
I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want LBP to succeed. It's an amazing game that takes gaming in a really wonderful direction, it's great for the industry, and great for anyone who enjoys creativity.
angry.gif

I don't think it's about people *not* wanting it to succeed. Well maybe some do but they're dumb. Hardcore gamers should root for all ambitious games to succeed.

However, for those that tout LBP like it's without flaws it can get annoying for those of us who think it's far from perfect. Is it ambitious? Absolutely. Is it totally beautiful and charming? Yes. Should we champion it for being a ground-breaking game? Yes.

But it is not above criticism. No game is. The way people dog pile on those that don't think it's GOTF is really lame.

"fails to ship 1.4" :lol :lol

Very good. Though the disparity between NA sales to date (via NPD) and this WW figure is peculiar considering the usual proportions. Maybe it had some goods legs through December.

Kittonwy said:
I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want LBP to succeed. It's an amazing game that takes gaming in a really wonderful direction, it's great for the industry, and great for anyone who enjoys creativity.
angry.gif

Probably the same reason why some people didn't want No More Heroes, Boom Blox, Super Mario Galaxy, or Rock Band Wii to suceed.

A day after the level pack went live, I scored a 0 on the arcade game, and it registered like 60,000 hits I think.

60,000 * $6 = $360,000

not claiming it's accurate or anything, but not too shabby

Class_A_Ninja said:
Crap, I didn't know they were doing the DLC up like that. I'll skip this one forever then.

What?

:lol

You'll skip it because some extra costumes cost money?

You don't even have to buy the levels to play them if one of your friends has the pack...the paintinator is freely available in user levels.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
TheListener said:
But it is not above criticism. No game is. The way people dog pile on those that don't think it's GOTF is really lame.
I think you're addressing a very rare few who think the game should be above any kind of criticism. Spend some time in the official thread here and you'll see some of the staunchest supporters of the game complaining the loudest about some of its flaws.

The people who get dog piled on are typically the one's who wouldn't know valid criticism if it bit them in the ass. For example, the people who try to claim the game shouldn't priced any higher than $25 for example because it's somehow not a complete game.

Mindlog

kaching said:
I think you're addressing a very rare few who think the game should be above any kind of criticism. Spend some time in the official thread here and you'll see some of the staunchest supporters of the game complaining the loudest about some of its flaws.

The people who get dog piled on are typically the one's who wouldn't know valid criticism if it bit them in the ass. For example, the people who try to claim the game shouldn't priced any higher than $25 for example because it's somehow not a complete game.

What does the dog pile accomplish?

Private Hoffman said:
I dunno, the fact that LBP has basically been up there with Gears of War 2 in the UK for the value charts and individual rank for most of December, while previously being in the 20s.

I'd say so far it's received a great bump. We'll see if it's done decently in December in the US (if it maintains 140-200k sales for December, that will bring the total in the US to over 500k, most games fail to do that well in their third month, especially in this niche genre).

And all this because Sony started a serious marketing campaign in UK in december. Seriously when this damn company going to realize that they need big worldwide marketing campaigns for their products to sell? It's like they're not even trying with some PS3 exclusives this generation.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Metalic Sand said:
People need to start picking up some of those shipped copys :)

Just tryed some Roller Coaster levels made by some Jp dude. Amazing stuff

I played the roller coaster level too: ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

Jesus, one of the most creative things I've seen (and I can't even imagine how to do it myself).

Bizzyb

Banned
bishoptl said:
BUT WERE THEY ALL SOLD AT 60 DOLLARS APIECE

ONLY WITH THIS INFORMATION CAN WE ASSESS THE TRUE FAILURE OF THIS SO-CALLED FRANCHISE

I SPIT AT THEE

*spit*

And so it was, bishoptl laid down his claims and spat on the undeserving

Private Hoffman said:
You'll skip it because some extra costumes cost money?

You don't even have to buy the levels to play them if one of your friends has the pack...the paintinator is freely available in user levels.

I just thought they were all free. Every one was so happy, the sacboys were smiling. So if you go in a user level with new stuff, you can just steal it somehow? How does it work.

Class_A_Ninja said:
I just thought they were all free. Every one was so happy, the sacboys were smiling. So if you go in a user level with new stuff, you can just steal it somehow? How does it work.

You can play the level, but you won't get to keep any expansion pack content for yourself or items people have created with expansion pack content. I haven't bought the MGS pack yet (need to finish MGS4 first) but I played a level with the paintinator gun. However once I left that level the gun was gone.

Top Bottom