• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Devil Inside Screenshots State of Play Hype.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
But its got to be quite a few Nintendo/Xbox only folks who donated to this game through the years and now they're going to be waiting even longer
This why I never ever fund Kickstarter, if I like what I see from the game I will support by buying it once its fully finished and get released.

OrionNebula

I think this game might be under hyped. Im so gravitated towards this game. I’m not the type of person to get hyped by a indie title. But DAMN.RDR2 killer. LOL.

Here’s to it not disappointing tomorrow.

Those in-game menus writings look
senor chang GIF

as fuck, though

I cannot wait for this. Currently one of my most anticipated games.

Between this and Subnautica that I'm currently playing (and fucking loving), I think I'm falling in love with indie games all over again.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Looked very cool on the trailers but honestly, that Snow Island gameplay made the combat look like shit. Hope I'm wrong tho beacuse otherwise the game looks more than fine.

VN1X

Banned
Thank fuck.

As someone who only owns one of the two next-gen consoles (in this case Series X) it's kind of a depressing affair seeing all these imaginative and fun titles going to the other console. Even something like Deathloop (which barely runs at 60fps on medium on my PC) isn't safe from the clutches of exclusivity. Don't mean to turn this into a console war but I just needed to vent lol.

ParaSeoul

Thank fuck.

As someone who only owns one of the two next-gen consoles (in this case Series X) it's kind of a depressing affair seeing all these imaginative and fun titles going to the other console. Even something like Deathloop (which barely runs at 60fps on medium on my PC) isn't safe from the clutches of exclusivity. Don't mean to turn this into a console war but I just needed to vent lol.
R4EXTSPmETGjbVTNtOd0SuLExADdmRho6Uk-0FwlI2zdnZOZP3z6N8W11cmk4Oo-gc_uJ0GMEh-4_2VVEQXnfbOT6E5aqIno1-X0_WiUdfH5HC1aHN2GyyQtfUWM5YsQj9YOJFCu34f5PgKgju_WtPFuPetgmVGE8zs

It's a partnered title, so it's probably a timed exclusive depending on if Sony is funding development. I remember this starting out as a Kickstarter title, that SOny partnered with way back in PS4 Indie push. But because they are super small and this is their first big project they fell behind.

I wonder if Sony invested to grow the studio so they could actually execute on their concept. Their original trailer from 2015 was a concept trailer. The one from last year was actually the game running on PS5 hardware to my knowledge.
Sony is really involved with these titles. They pay for funding and marketing.

The Griers wouldn’t say exactly how many copies of Kena they’ve sold, but they said they’ve recouped the game’s initial costs and have been pleasantly surprised with sales so far. “It’s hard to tell what's a huge success,” said Josh. “Sony’s happy.”

I think its because the games been in development for like 6+ years at this point. When we were all donating to it's kickstarter it was listed for everything(Its site still has the post up about it coming to damn near everything lol)

The Sony exclusive part is pretty new in relation to the timeline of the games development.

I went in for the PC Version back when I donated to it, but I own all of the consoles + PC so I don't mind the shift. But its got to be quite a few Nintendo/Xbox only folks who donated to this game through the years and now they're going to be waiting even longer...I always wondered how that would work if a Kickstarter game folks paid money for(Specially if a stretch goal was laid out to bring it to a particular system) and then the game got snatched up by a big publisher/deal...hows that work? So far the developer hasn't been responding to people needing refunds according to comments on the kickstarter page

Kickstarters don’t have to deliver their goals. It’s considered a donation. Some set their funding too low and can’t deliver anything. This company is getting funding from Sony so… they don’t really have an excuse to not deliver. But this game would not exist without Sony‘s funding. They would have shut down two years ago. Everyone that feels entitled to a copy the same day as Playstation customers is delusional.

GymWolf

It's not underrated, half forum is hyped for this one.

Personally it's my most hyped indie of 2021.

Last edited:
Sony is really involved with these titles. They pay for funding and marketing.

The Griers wouldn’t say exactly how many copies of Kena they’ve sold, but they said they’ve recouped the game’s initial costs and have been pleasantly surprised with sales so far. “It’s hard to tell what's a huge success,” said Josh. “Sony’s happy.”

Kickstarters don’t have to deliver their goals. It’s considered a donation. Some set their funding too low and can’t deliver anything. This company is getting funding from Sony so… they don’t really have an excuse to not deliver. But this game would not exist without Sony‘s funding. They would have shut down two years ago. Everyone that feels entitled to a copy the same day as Playstation customers is delusional.
Judging from the tone of your post(and looking at some of your others) you seem to occupy a bit of a pro Sony space or that console warrior stuff.

I don’t care to do that on the internet or even engage those who do broseph.

read this tho https://help.kickstarter.com/hc/en-...obligated-to-do-once-their-project-is-funded-

project wasn’t just funded, it hit almost 56k over its target 😂

For the record tho Go Sony 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Just read that they started as a multimedia company and downsized to just 3 people and became a video game developer.

Also:
Little Devil Inside will have the features found in RPGs such as character traits, stats, weapon & armour upgrades but the focus of our design concept was not so much ON each of the features but HOW they can be delivered to the player so as to create that emotional link to keep the player immersed and make them live the game rather than just play it.
Basically, the players will be living the world and surviving their journey to achieve missions. Or, they may be just investigating around for information, talking to NPCSs, researching the library… there’ll be plenty to do or little to do depending on how the player plays the game. Our focus and design goal is not to force or influence player decisions. We want them to explore the world and learn and actually accumulate experience.

The setting is pretty much open so the player controls the pace of the game. Some may just follow the main storyline, do the missions as quickly as they can and be done with it whereas others may do more explorations, spin off into multiple side missions and events and get the most the what the game has to offer. However, even in the first case, we don’t wish to add conveniencies too much which means a player will not be able to just click on a certain part of the world map and teleport themselves there.

More: https://onlysp.escapistmagazine.com...e-survival-action-rpg-from-neostream-studios/

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
This has slipped past my radar unfortunately. Judging by the videos and screen shots in the op I'm definitely curious by it's unique look, well unique to me anyway.

Top Bottom