• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBig Contra is OUT NOW!! Let's Attack Aggressively, GAF

UPDATE:

I just went ahead and swapped out the double life checkpoint for the infinite checkpoint! So now if you use the Konami Code sticker in the Jungle stage, you will have infinite lives. Go check it out if you couldn't beat it before :D

And please let me know if anything is broken because I didn't spend all day testing to make sure I didn't break something, but I'm pretty confident it should be fine.

HankToms

I have a question and I couldn't find the answer in the 4 or so pages i looked through in this thread.

I died in the first level, and when I spawned at the ship and dropped down from the sky I didn't have a gun anymore. Is there a way to get the gun back? I tried to suicide but I couldn't find it. Do I need to put a sticker somewhere to get it again?

HankToms said:
I have a question and I couldn't find the answer in the 4 or so pages i looked through in this thread.

I died in the first level, and when I spawned at the ship and dropped down from the sky I didn't have a gun anymore. Is there a way to get the gun back? I tried to suicide but I couldn't find it. Do I need to put a sticker somewhere to get it again?

There was a short period of time last night where the Jungle level was broken but all should be well now. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure when canceling out the dialog box in the intro, to make sure to only press Circle one time. That also goes for whenever you are using your pop-it to apply stickers (for the cheat code, for example). Often the player will press Circle one too many times and will accidentally unequip their gun. Also, if you ever do this, you can suicide yourself to get the gun back.

That's very strange that you didn't get your gun after spawning, it never happens to me so I am not too sure why it would do that since I actually have two guns near the spawn to make sure the player gets one, lol. Try it again I guess, it should work.

Teknoman

Sorry for this bump, but I recently got an offer from youtube to "monetize" the trailer with Google Adsense. Not sure what this entails, but money is money and was wondering if there was any way we could split...since you guys did all the creating and I just tested/made the trailer.

Another issue is the Vomitron cover. It was free from Contra Headquarters, but they want you to own all the rights to everything in the video. However, im not sure if a free fan made cover would even count in that situation.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Posted?

http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en-gb/news/article/the_sackies_-_outstanding_achievement_award

18/12/2009
The Sackies - Outstanding Achievement

The Sackies - Celebrating the highest level of achievement amongst Players, Creators and Sharers on LittleBigPlanet. The Sackies – Celebrating the highest level of achievement amongst Players, Creators and Sharers on LittleBigPlanet.

This is an award for outstanding achievement. It can be awarded to anything in any area related to LittleBigPlanet – Play, Create, or Share, allowing us to look over the LittleBigPlanet community as a whole, and see what really stands out in our minds as an achievement worthy of celebrating.

And the winner is…

Little Big Contra by Jaeyden, Leonidas2123, SaitoHalifax, NinjaMicWZ, El_Beefo, Gevurah22, and TeknomanEX.

This was an immense project, to recreate, in its entirety, the original Contra. It really showed what could be achieved with LittleBigPlanet if you put your mind to it, and we believe it to be an outstanding achievement!

Congrats! :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Awesome.

Now we need another collaboration with WATER COMING TUESDAY!

Sonic the Hedgehog remake??? Just sayin' :p

LiquidMetal14 said:
Awesome.

Now we need another collaboration with WATER COMING TUESDAY!

Sonic the Hedgehog remake??? Just sayin' :p

I have suggested a S3&K collab in the LBP thread, as with water released next week it would be pretty achievable and the Sonic costumes coming early next year would be the perfect chance. I think it should be done!

Zen

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:
I have suggested a S3&K collab in the LBP thread, as with water released next week it would be pretty achievable and the Sonic costumes coming early next year would be the perfect chance. I think it should be done!

Sonic 2 might be the easiest to replicate. I mean doing the 'running on the ceiling' getting caught by things that slow you down, etc, that would be a nightmare to do in LBP wouldn't it?

Teknoman

Zen said:
Sonic 2 might be the easiest to replicate. I mean doing the 'running on the ceiling' getting caught by things that slow you down, etc, that would be a nightmare to do in LBP wouldn't it?

Either that or Sonic 1. Labyrinth Zone and Marble Hill should be easy enough to make.

Ranger X said:
So the sequel to this project is having an IP swap for Dudebro?

;)
Well I did actually post a community request on the LBP thread, but you jerk faces didn't show any interest. >=/
=p

donkey show said:
Dunno if you guys want to get into this, but I was thinking this might be an awesome time for LBP GAF to combine forces again and support a noble and brotastic cause.

If y'all haven't heard, GAF is in the process of making a game by the name of Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time, a brahsome top-down shooter of epic proportions.

10i6uzr.gif

*awesome image SecretBonusPoint

Just read the history about how it got started if you haven't already. Shit gets me hype. :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381946

Granted the majority of major roles for creating the game have been taken, I figured we can support them using our talents in LBP. Not only will it help their hype, it'd be a cool project to work on again especially with Online Create already active.

Considering vacation time is starting up for a lot of us and grad school will be off of my back for a little bit, now would be a perfect time to get this thing rolling. If we get enough support from you guys, I'll start a new thread similar to how MisterAnderson set everything up. I'll also come up with a proof of concept with my own idea for the level this weekend, but since they're still in the planning stages, we can be really open with ideas for how this project can materialize as well.

I've already started drawing up some concept art as well to get me amped for some create mode.

sackbro.jpg

What do you guys think?

I actually started work on it so if you guys wanna jump in, we can truly make this a NeoGAF original production. :lol

Here's some stuff I've been working on so far.

lbpdudebro04.jpg

lbpdudebro05.jpg

lbpdudebro06.jpg

Here's a vid of him in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVxj1_qg4UI

Bromech's "health" is represented by that beer can in his left hand. Dudebro is so brahsome, he can never die so when the beer meter drops to zero, Bromech gets disappointed and shuts down for a few seconds before reactivating again.

Like I said, if there's enough interest, we can make another thread for it and shoot for the stars. :D

Teknoman

Would be something new and original...and for some reason Dudebro makes me think of heavy metal. Either that or 80s/early 90s action movie music.

Top Bottom