• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Should I get this or Driveclub? I know they are totally different games but I just want one right now. Some of the comments in this thread are kinda turning me off to LBP3.
I just bought Driveclub. They're pretty incomparable IMO. I think after the next (this?) patch LBP3 should be good, but I think you play both games for different reasons and LBP depends on how much you value creating and community content.

Right now, increased loading times are demotivating me a bit from creating, and I'm fooling around with PvZ and Driveclub until shit gets right.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Just a heads up for anyone here who is also a member of LBPCentral. It's been hacked and is now running an animated splashscreen claiming they've hacked the site and are handing out everyone's ID. I'm going to be really pissed if someone fucks with my Tutorial Directory.

What miserable little bastard would do that to the LBP community?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Just a heads up for anyone here who is also a member of LBPCentral. It's been hacked and is now running an animated splashscreen claiming they've hacked the site and are handing out everyone's ID. I'm going to be really pissed if someone fucks with my Tutorial Directory.

Yikes, that sounds pretty serious. I hope not too much damage has been done.

Thanks for the warning and keep us updated if you hear anything else.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Yikes, that sounds pretty serious. I hope not too much damage has been done.

Thanks for the warning and keep us updated if you hear anything else.

It's the best LBP community forum and the folks there are helpful and friendly. I really grinds my gears when assholes do something like this.

Og, maybe use a force chip with a very tiny radius or a mover on the sackbot set to the opposite direction when you contact the wall? Just throwing some stuff out there, I can't test anything right now. I'm not sure if these will actually detach oddsock.
Yeah, good idea, I might experiment with force chips some more. I've already tried placing them on objects, which didn't work out, but using one on the sackbot itself might work a lot better if it lets me do it.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Yeah, good idea, I might experiment with force chips some more. I've already tried placing them on objects, which didn't work out, but using one on the sackbot itself might work a lot better if it lets me do it.

How about trying the state sensor set to jump? Put a thin layer on the walls you don't want Oddsock to be able to jump up and add a tag. Now check if he's jumping AND he impacts the wall. If he does, add weight to him to drag him down? Once he's falling the condition for the jump will no longer be met and so the weight will return to normal.

edit: thinking about it, there may even be a gametweak for wall jumping in the state sensor which would make it even easier.

edit 2: Yep, state sensor set to wall jumping + Mover. But it needs fine tuning.

How about trying the gameplay tweaker set to jump? Put a thin layer on the walls you don't want Oddsock to be able to jump up and add a tag. Now check if he's jumping AND he impacts the wall. If he does, add weight to him to drag him down? Once he's falling the condition for the jump will no longer be met and so the weight will return to normal.
You should bear in mind that I'm using the back layer as the floor of my level, and therefore advanced in/out movers to simulate gravity. Thin layers just appear as a slightly higher bit of ground. I don't even need to jump to stick to walls, because my character is technically flying within a single layer, whilst walking along the 'ground'. Gameplay tweakers have no effect on my sackbot from what I've tested. I also have to simulate jumping with advanced in/out movers.

I'm having to use character animation tweakers and a character rotation tweaker to simulate this kind of movement, but I've got it working really effectively now. I'm building up to make a 3d Spyro The Dragon level. So far I've got walking, charging, jumping and gliding to work almost flawlessly. I want to move on to fire breathing next, but I'd just like to solve the wall sliding problem first.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
You should bear in mind that I'm using the back layer as the floor of my level, and therefore advanced in/out movers to simulate gravity. Thin layers just appear as a slightly higher bit of ground. I don't even need to jump to stick to walls, because my character is technically flying within a single layer, whilst walking along the 'ground'. Gameplay tweakers have no effect on my sackbot from what I've tested. I also have to simulate jumping with advanced in/out movers.

I'm having to use character animation tweakers and a character rotation tweaker to simulate this kind of movement, but I've got it working really effectively now. I'm building up to make a 3d Spyro The Dragon level. So far I've got walking, charging, jumping and gliding to work almost flawlessly. I want to move on to fire breathing next, but I'd just like to solve the wall sliding problem first.

Ah, ok, I didn't realise you were doing a top down level.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I have two corrupted materials after the new patch. They are still usable but they only show up as red exclamation marks in the popit.

delSai

Just to make sure: if i buy DLC on the ps4 i can use it on vita and ps3 as well yes? I think that wasnt the case for Zen pinball... i want dat Shazam costume.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Just to make sure: if i buy DLC on the ps4 i can use it on vita and ps3 as well yes? I think that wasnt the case for Zen pinball... i want dat Shazam costume.

Yes. I bought some costumes the other day with my promotional $15, and they were compatible with LBP2, the PS3 version of 3, and Vita (and Karting) as well.

Mailbox

This seems especially weird since lbpc has been relatively.... Low in action in recent years.

Haven't posted much in a long time, but idk who would hack that site of all sites.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This seems especially weird since lbpc has been relatively.... Low in action in recent years.

Haven't posted much in a long time, but idk who would hack that site of all sites.

Doesn't make much sense to me.
Yeah I went there around LBP3's launch and it seemed deader than dead, I thought I had the wrong website.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Donkey, I have three corrupted images in my poppit. The items are still there but instead of an image of the item it shows a red exclamation mark:

Number '4' from Manglewood swamps
Warning stripes (material)
Dented metal (material)

They were not corrupted until the latest patch.

Donkey, I have three corrupted images in my poppit. The items are still there but instead of an image of the item it shows a red exclamation mark:

Number '4' from Manglewood swamps
Warning stripes (material)
Dented metal (material)

They were not corrupted until the latest patch.

Coolio, I'll let the team know.

DeVeAn

I want to use my Sonic outfit and it's not there. Same with Kratos and Nariko stuff. I just got the game what's the word one this stuff?

Creaking

Gah, 3D rotation in animation is so much more difficult to pull off than it should be. I think I need to watch some tutorials or something.

HMD

Can it be possible to unlock all materials and stuff from level packs without having to replay them for the millionth time, it's not fun :(

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Tip: Take the Dotted Outline Material and add a material tweaker set to Remove Bevel (Yes). Now you can stick any of the animated stickers on it and adjust their speeds, AND you can still change the colour of the sticker too by changing the colour of the invisible dotted lines! You can do it with any other animated materials but once you make them invisible, you also make the sticker invisible. Because the dotted outline material is invisible already, removing the bevel makes it completely invisible automatically and so the sticker doesn't disappear.

Gah, 3D rotation in animation is so much more difficult to pull off than it should be. I think I need to watch some tutorials or something.
That's mainly why the movement logic of my top down sackbot is so complicated. The way I get it to work is via a character rotation tweaker.

I've essentially connected 20 batteries to one of the inputs, via a 20 output selector connected to individual microchips (with a battery on each one) . Each of the batteries has a different value in 5% increments ranging from 5% to 100%. This produces 20 different rotation states and it looks quite smooth in motion.

Originally I had an analogue stick sensor to dictate the rotation, but it was too innacurate when releasing the stick. Now I'm using 2 speed sensors (one up/down, the other left/right) and they're connected to a direction combiner, which is set to anglify its inputs.

With this this method my character always faces the last direction it was travelling. Turning, or changing direction, now looks really smooth as well.

supergiz

This is some major bullshit. Downloaded the digital version last night. Finished install and can't get past prologue. Apparently this is an issue other people have been having. In what other industries can you get away with this crap

Edit: well it appears they are working on a solution in 2.3 and one I get home from breakfast I'll try the workaround

Edit 2: nope still doesn't work. So I can't play the game now.

Edit 3: Apparently after trying a lot of things either turning off online play or changing costumes fixed it. Yay!

Deadstar

Should I get this or Driveclub? I know they are totally different games but I just want one right now. Some of the comments in this thread are kinda turning me off to LBP3.

LBP is awesome, despite the issues. I would highly recommend it. It's a ton of fun.

How is it that the santa costume dlc didn't carry over?! Come on....it's Christmas time.....

Creaking

That's mainly why the movement logic of my top down sackbot is so complicated. The way I get it to work is via a character rotation tweaker.

I've essentially connected 20 batteries to one of the inputs, via a 20 output selector connected to individual microchips (with a battery on each one) . Each of the batteries has a different value in 5% increments ranging from 5% to 100%. This produces 20 different rotation states and it looks quite smooth in motion.

Originally I had an analogue stick sensor to dictate the rotation, but it was too innacurate when releasing the stick. Now I'm using 2 speed sensors (one up/down, the other left/right) and they're connected to a direction combiner, which is set to anglify its inputs.

With this this method my character always faces the last direction it was travelling. Turning, or changing direction, now looks really smooth as well.

That's just it, I keep scouring the tools, trying different configurations to find an easier method, because there really ought to be an easier method. For something as desirable as 3D movement (which itself is very easy to accomplish), 3D rotation is ridiculously difficult to do. I've done some crazy, tedious stuff with logic before, and trying to sort out 3D rotation in a clean manner is driving me up the wall. I can't imagine how an amateur creator would ever hope to achieve any sort of 3D rotation aside from grabbing a community chip and slapping that down. I'd almost do the same, but I want to understand it so that I can build off of it properly. Right now, I feel unable to do that and it, along with me still being unable to access my old projects due to the lack of the Monster Kit and the Cross-controller pack, is really turning me off of creating altogether.

I really feel as though, once the bugs and missing content issues are sufficiently sorted out, and they can focus on other problems, they may want to consider more settings for the character rotation tool, similar to how they added more settings to LBP2's tools when new content packs came around. Right now it is infuriating to use.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
That's just it, I keep scouring the tools, trying different configurations to find an easier method, because there really ought to be an easier method. For something as desirable as 3D movement (which itself is very easy to accomplish), 3D rotation is ridiculously difficult to do. I've done some crazy, tedious stuff with logic before, and trying to sort out 3D rotation in a clean manner is driving me up the wall. I can't imagine how an amateur creator would ever hope to achieve any sort of 3D rotation aside from grabbing a community chip and slapping that down. I'd almost do the same, but I want to understand it so that I can build off of it properly. Right now, I feel unable to do that and it, along with me still being unable to access my old projects due to the lack of the Monster Kit and the Cross-controller pack, is really turning me off of creating altogether.

I really feel as though, once the bugs and missing content issues are sufficiently sorted out, and they can focus on other problems, they may want to consider more settings for the character rotation tool, similar to how they added more settings to LBP2's tools when new content packs came around. Right now it is infuriating to use.

Steve-big-guns has two great giveaways on his Earth. One is a 3D chip and the set up for full 3D motion and the other is a demo of LBP3 doing things in 3D LBP3 really shouldn't be able to do. Walking up ramps, round objects covering more than one layer ... It might be worth analysing these. The small scene he created for the chip giveaway really shows what is possible with LBP3.

nampad

Started the game with my nephew and unlocked the first new character. Game is fun as always and the new additions are nice. The additional layers made the camera a little bit worse in some situations though.

Played it in German for my nephew and the dub is really really bad. They even advertise the "famous" German (I actually don't know what he does) guy as the voice of Newton and he just sucks.

Just got the game and I'm really enjoying it, but I had a question about the PS4 version. Not sure if it's my TV or my eyes being dry but is there a slight haze to the game? Seems a bit blurry at times.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
This whole problem with the PS4 version showing that you haven't purchased content that you have is never going to be put right. It now shows that I haven't bought them on my PS3 PSN too so when they check they'll just think I haven't bought them and it won't change it for my PS4. I downloaded a stack of stuff today that was in my download list to see if that would reset anything but NOPE, it still tells me the content I bought, redownloaded from my download list and am now playing on my PS3, I DO NOT OWN.

This is a colossal cockup. It's much worse than the Driveclub fiasco. I will never ever buy anything from PSN again.

Kambing

Im so fucking infuriated right now lol.

Think i ran into a game breaking bug. Tried resetting console/game and can't get past a section. Have tried over 10 times now. The level is "Masque Maker's Tower". Happens right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YasUTwwlM0&feature=player_detailpage#t=595

Unlike the person playing, my character appears to be stuck a layer behind the boost sphere. When i boost right to get to the boost sphere, i am unable to get a second jump like the person in the video was able to. Its fucking crazy. I have tried to change layers from the initial jump at the top but my character can neither move forward or backward. Another reason why i know i am a layer behind, is that when i boost to the right, my character physically disappears behind the pillar. Unlike the video.

Holyshit the rage is almost as bad as playing my worst Dota 2 match.

Anyone encounter this issue and know a fix? Was really enjoying my time with the game but this is ridiculous and bad for my heart.

Concept17

Just started this with my kids today. The game is great so far. They're really enjoying the story. The only glitch we ran into was falling to the bottom of the world during the first boss level.

I'm sure this has been answered many times, but can you really not play online if you another player on your game who doesn't have PS+ ? You can't even connect online? I understand them wanting people to sign up, but after player 3 previous LBP without this problem, it seems ridiculous. Why can't we just have 'guests' playing online with players who have PS+?

I've also got a level breaking bug (but thankfully not gamebreaking) on the Wheel Deal challenge level. For some reason I no longer have any car parts inside my goodies bag. There also isn't any ready made car on the track, so right now there's no way I can start the race.

The level did work fine the first time I played it and then the bug occured on another day, when I went back to collect a few of items I missed. I may have deleted some pointless community items out of my popit at one point, so maybe that's what caused the problem?

Creaking

Just started this with my kids today. The game is great so far. They're really enjoying the story. The only glitch we ran into was falling to the bottom of the world during the first boss level.

I'm sure this has been answered many times, but can you really not play online if you another player on your game who doesn't have PS+ ? You can't even connect online? I understand them wanting people to sign up, but after player 3 previous LBP without this problem, it seems ridiculous. Why can't we just have 'guests' playing online with players who have PS+?

I think it's just a guest problem specifically. Your console should only need one account (with that console set as the account's main/home system) with PS+ for all other accounts to play online. For some reason, LBP3 on PS4 is not very friendly to guest accounts. Your best bet currently for playing online is to make accounts for those who lack them.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Im so fucking infuriated right now lol.

Think i ran into a game breaking bug. Tried resetting console/game and can't get past a section. Have tried over 10 times now. The level is "Masque Maker's Tower". Happens right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YasUTwwlM0&feature=player_detailpage#t=595

Unlike the person playing, my character appears to be stuck a layer behind the boost sphere. When i boost right to get to the boost sphere, i am unable to get a second jump like the person in the video was able to. Its fucking crazy. I have tried to change layers from the initial jump at the top but my character can neither move forward or backward. Another reason why i know i am a layer behind, is that when i boost to the right, my character physically disappears behind the pillar. Unlike the video.

Holyshit the rage is almost as bad as playing my worst Dota 2 match.

Anyone encounter this issue and know a fix? Was really enjoying my time with the game but this is ridiculous and bad for my heart.

Yes, it's a well know problem. I attempted that level about 25 times trying to ACE it and every time that section messed me up, BUT you can get passed it. You just have to perceiver and try different angles.

Is there a list of Oddsock's costumes anywhere, and the levels they can be obtained from? I'm ready to try making my sackbot look like Spyro the Dragon, but I've got very few costumes to choose from and only the alligator looks appropriate, but it still lacks wings and horns.

I haven't got around to finishing the story levels yet, but I probably will later on today (just got up to Swoop's Swamp). I'm only interested in Oddsock costume parts right now so it'll be nice to get an idea if there's any levels or sidequests I should be focusing on.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Is there a list of Oddsock's costumes anywhere, and the levels they can be obtained from? I'm ready to try making my sackbot look like Spyro the Dragon, but I've got very few costumes to choose from and only the alligator looks appropriate, but it still lacks wings and horns.

I haven't got around to finishing the story levels yet, but I probably will later on today (just got up to Swoop's Swamp). I'm only interested in Oddsock costume parts right now so it'll be nice to get an idea if there's any levels or sidequests I should be focusing on.

Try the shop in Oddsocks area.

^
Going to have to get creative with some decorations I think. Post a picture when you're done!
It's looking like the best way to do it is by using the alligator costume as a base. I've look through the decorations I have unlocked and I'll probably add new eyes, and the 'monster tail' looks surprisingly good as the horns. There's also a good one I can use as the wings.

btw, is there any way to get screenshots off PS4 other than using Facebook or Twitter? I've pretty much stopped using both of them now and I'm not to keen on linking my PSN to either one regardless.

Creaking

btw, is there any way to get screenshots off PS4 other than using Facebook or Twitter? I've pretty much stopped using both of them now and I'm not to keen on linking my PSN to either one regardless.

Copy them to a USB drive. Or, if you want to be really simple about it, take a screenshot, import it as a sticker, and then upload the sticker to your lbp.me account. I don't know how the compression is on that though.

Top Bottom