• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

pr0cs

I honestly have never seen such a buggy game, I'm seriously disappointed.
I've fallen through the world countless times.
Had areas unlock when they should not, appear as locked when they should not be.
And now I have a bug that is game breaking, I simply cannot continue story mode since the game thinks my character is on one layer and the background object is on another layer.
The masque level after getting toggle is totally broken for me and my kids. I'll try and contact support to see if there is a refund.
What a shame.

I've decided to stop messing around with tiny adjustments to my Spyro sackbot and publish a simple level. It's not pretty, but here's the result: https://lbp.me/v/qveg8cg

In the process of making the level I've discoved something weird and slightly troubling about my fire method. On certain layers (that I use as the level floor or a surface to walk on) there's a slight graphical glitch which makes the fire effect square instead of cone shaped. I use emitters and the weather material (set to snow) for the fire. I wonder if there's a problem with the material effect, or if it's some strange game engine glitch? The fire works perfectly fine on most layers as well.

After some more investigation, I've discovered the weather material has the graphical glitch when infront of solid material on every 2nd layer. It's related to the camera perspective as well, because when viewing from a different angle, the glitch only occurs when some snowy weather material is between the camera and 2nd layer solid material. The same section of weather material will then appear unaffected when the camera changes the perspective away from the second layers.

Here's a video showing the problem in the game: http://youtu.be/ZXkWOJejVFU

Lrrr

Traded this in yesterday. I was so looking forward to this game and yet, it was so frustrating. None of my DLC from LBP1/2 worked and the game was a buggy, glitchy mess with an uninspired hub world. Other than Toggle, the new characters and gear felt too gimmicky. Just when I unlocked them, the game was over. This was one of the titles I was most looking forward to on PS4 and it's been such a disappointment. What a shame. :/

Is it possible to share objects or level keys from PS4 to PS3? I'm on PS4 and I've got messages from a couple of PS3 players to say my level doesn't work properly for them (Spyro can't jump).

I can't troubleshoot this myself, since I don't own the game on PS3. I've been trying to liase with a PS3 friend to send them objects for testing, but they're saying they can't download the items.

Grinchy

Banned
Traded this in yesterday. I was so looking forward to this game and yet, it was so frustrating. None of my DLC from LBP1/2 worked and the game was a buggy, glitchy mess with an uninspired hub world. Other than Toggle, the new characters and gear felt too gimmicky. Just when I unlocked them, the game was over. This was one of the titles I was most looking forward to on PS4 and it's been such a disappointment. What a shame. :/

I had low expectations and I'm still let down.

I only bought it because of a $25 digital deal. It's not often that I pay only $25 for a brand new game and still want my money back. There are some good moments to be had, but overall, this is almost the platformer version of Driveclub's release. I wish I didn't contribute to its sales.

curb

Banned
I had low expectations and I'm still let down.

I only bought it because of a $25 digital deal. It's not often that I pay only $25 for a brand new game and still want my money back. There are some good moments to be had, but overall, this is almost the platformer version of Driveclub's release. I wish I didn't contribute to its sales.

image.php

Just jokin' around

Grinchy

Banned
^lol I love avatar quotes

but I hate being let down by a LBP game. LBP1, LBP2, and the Vita LBP game were all so damn good. They just kept getting better. And then this turd gets flushed on us before the makers are done shitting.

Nev

Banned
^lol I love avatar quotes

but I hate being let down by a LBP game. LBP1, LBP2, and the Vita LBP game were all so damn good. They just kept getting better. And then this turd gets flushed on us before the makers are done shitting.

Not only that but they don't even try to fix the mess somehow via patches. They released one that didn't fix all of the problems at all and seems like that's it.

Speaking of the other games, I'm replaying LBP Vita story mode and I'm amazed at how good it is. Certainly on the same level as MM's LBPs or even better because the jumps aren't as shitty. Every single level, main or side, is just so inspired and enjoyable. It really shows that some of the best community creators helped and that Tarsier/Double Eleven really wanted to make a good game and not rush whatever buggy short half assed mess out the door.

Story mode in LBP3 is uninspired, average, and forgettable compared to previous games. Add horrendous, unbearable loading times and unnecessary hub worlds that are more an annoyance than a good addition and garbage side levels/minigames and you got a terrible and extremely dissapointing experience.

I feel bad for the developer who reads this thread because it's not his fault and it really must suck to read these kind of things about something you've worked so hard on, but this game is a disgrace to the franchise and could've been much, much, much more. I can't being to comprehend why Sony chose Sumo instead of Tarsier/Double Eleven for LBP3, their work with the franchise is just light years away. Like night and day. I don't think Sumo asked for community help at all, and that arrogance led them to this mess of a "game" which is the worst of the franchise by far.

The only good thing Sumo did was tweaking the jumping and creating a character that plays like Oddsock, which has like what? 2 levels? Jesus. Good thing some talented creators have already created levels for him that are better than what Sumo did and will eventually save the game.

I have had a lot of fun playing this with my son, but now we're at a point where it seems a game-breaking bug is stopping us. It's in the level where you first get to use the boost boots and at one point, where you fall down and have to boost under a wall and above spikes to a boost recharge, our boots just aren't recharged by the yellow circle, it's not lighting up orange as it usually is. Rebooting the game didn't help. I'm not sure what to do to be able to progress from here. :(

how is it that gaf went crazy because ass creed ran so badly, yet when a game has bugs which literally break the game or stop progress completely it's not a big deal.
I'm sorry to say this but anyone that purchased this game deserves a refund.
Imagine being a parent that buys this game for your children but the game doesn't allow you to play any further because the levels won't open, what are they supposed to do?
Absolute disgrace and i'm shocked that anyone can defend this title, gamespot's review was being generous.
This deserves it's own thread in the hope that developers stop ignoring the huge amount of people left with an unplayble game, assassins creed was a mess but at least it could be finished

curb

Banned
I feel bad that so many people have had such horrible experiences with the game. I've put in about 8-10 hours since I bought it playing the story (alone and couch co-op) plus a bunch of community levels solo and outside of the loading issue solved by deleting my SHARE screenshots, I've had a great time with very few issues. Maybe it's just how I play but I've been really happy with it.

Other than this bug I love the game as well, think it's one of the best in the series actually.

I think I found a workaround on the Playstation Forums however, apparently if I jump instead of walk off the ledge, it will work. I'll give this a shot.

pr0cs

I have had a lot of fun playing this with my son, but now we're at a point where it seems a game-breaking bug is stopping us. It's in the level where you first get to use the boost boots and at one point, where you fall down and have to boost under a wall and above spikes to a boost recharge, our boots just aren't recharged by the yellow circle, it's not lighting up orange as it usually is. Rebooting the game didn't help. I'm not sure what to do to be able to progress from here. :(
I eventually made it past that part (this is the same bug I whined about at the top of the page)
With two people we finally made it past, it seems like you should get the big bubble at the bottom which will often (but not always) put you on the same layer as the boost pad, thus fixing the issue.
The worst part is that the level at that point is only around 60% done so we failed at some seriously difficult sections later and got stuck on this shitty broken part a second time.
Good luck, keep trying. This game is so fucking frustrating.

Teknoman

Not only that but they don't even try to fix the mess somehow via patches. They released one that didn't fix all of the problems at all and seems like that's it.

Speaking of the other games, I'm replaying LBP Vita story mode and I'm amazed at how good it is. Certainly on the same level as MM's LBPs or even better because the jumps aren't as shitty. Every single level, main or side, is just so inspired and enjoyable. It really shows that some of the best community creators helped and that Tarsier/Double Eleven really wanted to make a good game and not rush whatever buggy short half assed mess out the door.

Story mode in LBP3 is uninspired, average, and forgettable compared to previous games. Add horrendous, unbearable loading times and unnecessary hub worlds that are more an annoyance than a good addition and garbage side levels/minigames and you got a terrible and extremely dissapointing experience.

I feel bad for the developer who reads this thread because it's not his fault and it really must suck to read these kind of things about something you've worked so hard on, but this game is a disgrace to the franchise and could've been much, much, much more. I can't being to comprehend why Sony chose Sumo instead of Tarsier/Double Eleven for LBP3, their work with the franchise is just light years away. Like night and day. I don't think Sumo asked for community help at all, and that arrogance led them to this mess of a "game" which is the worst of the franchise by far.

The only good thing Sumo did was tweaking the jumping and creating a character that plays like Oddsock, which has like what? 2 levels? Jesus. Good thing some talented creators have already created levels for him that are better than what Sumo did and will eventually save the game.

The funny thing is, Sumo isnt a bad dev in the least bit. Sega all stars transformed and Sega tennis are awesome. So how this happened, with the PS4 version of all things...is a little strange.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The funny thing is, Sumo isnt a bad dev in the least bit. Sega all stars transformed and Sega tennis are awesome. So how this happened, with the PS4 version of all things...is a little strange.
Sonic Transformed was a considerably buggy title on consoles, however..

This thread has taken quite a negative turn lately. I know the game could have done with a few more months of development to iron out the bugs, but the gameplay and creative potential is the best its ever been for LBP. I just hope we can get some decent patches in the next few weeks to bring the game up to the state it should have released in.

Anyway I have made progress with Spyro recently and I finally released a short level in the weekend. Here's a video of me playing through it: http://youtu.be/dONg0BxcVRE and the lbp.me page: http://lbp.me/v/qveg8cg

I only wish I could use more than 16 layers, I do remember hearing the game had over 30 while in development...

Teknoman

Sonic Transformed was a considerably buggy title on consoles, however..

Really? I've only played the PC version and WiiU version, and only had that problem with boost pads mysteriously vanishing on one stage. That was fixed pretty quickly though.

This thread has taken quite a negative turn lately. I know the game could have done with a few more months of development to iron out the bugs, but the gameplay and creative potential is the best its ever been for LBP. I just hope we can get some decent patches in the next few weeks to bring the game up to the state it should have released in.

Anyway I have made progress with Spyro recently and I finally released a short level in the weekend. Here's a video of me playing through it: http://youtu.be/dONg0BxcVRE and the lbp.me page: http://lbp.me/v/qveg8cg

I only wish I could use more than 16 layers, I do remember hearing the game had over 30 while in development...

I just need to have time to finish SP and get back into create mode. Sucks having all these ideas and inspired moments, yet no time to actually try to put them into action.

Grinchy

Banned
I just need to have time to finish SP and get back into create mode. Sucks having all these ideas and inspired moments, yet no time to actually try to put them into action.

If this game existed when I was a kid, I would have lived inside the creator. Probably would have ended up going into engineering later in life.

Mandelbo

This game is so troublesome... the create mode is significantly better this time around and the level design is very good in the story levels, but there are so many little hitches that stop it from being great.
Why can't I skip cutscenes in standard story levels? Why are the majority of the tutorials hosted on LBP.me rather than being in the game itself? Why isn't there an in-game option to back up your profile in case your profile suddenly corrupts?
I mean, the core game is as great as it's always been to me, but I can't genuinely enjoy it because I constantly feel like it's going to fall apart with the slightest nudge :/

HMD

Sup everyone, I'm a fairly good creator, I've been creating since LBP1 and I'm looking for someone to co-create with on PS4, I have lots of Ideas but I still need help from someone more knowledgable.

My PSN: BluePumpkin7.

I can lag sometimes, so we'll work on the level separately if needed and we'll be combining ideas and stuff later.

GeeDuhb

Gahhhhh the story mode is so short :( I never got that into LBP 1 and 2 back in the day so I never beat them...now I really wish my PS3 hadn't died so I could go back and play them...

I know I am late, but in case you didn't figure it out (or so other people can get an answer if they find this post) I had the same issue and was really frustrated. I dug around online and found that you want to hit the wall directly in front of the jump and slide down it, then get over to the boost bubble. It seems to "fix" the bug by putting you on the right layer to hit the boost.

Teknoman

Is the move dlc working again for PS4 players?

EDIT: Nevermind, just added it from the store.

Who do I contact if I own the MGS pack but its showing up as something to be purchased again?

theaface

Has anyone encountered a glitch wherein 'The Best Laid Plans...' trophy didn't unlock and you can't repeat the level 'The Wheel Deal' because the level portal won't appear? Both contraption challenges are marked as complete in my Organizatron.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Elitist1945

Finally got a chance to sit down and play the game for a good while. I mean, I played Community Levels but it was still serious fun none-the-less.

I also streamed it to Twitch, which uploads the stream to your YouTube afterwards (which I thought was cool).

Playlist

Grinchy

Banned
Still really disappointed. Every time I boot up the game, I'm almost immediately met with various bugs and performance issues. And it always ends the same way. I decide to stay away for a few days and give it another shot later. It's LBP, so it must be good, right?

It may be hard to see how bad the framerate is in this video, but the tearing is at least obvious. This whole level runs like crap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmmtG6MYvzU

And not a big deal, but a little visual bug I ran into in the same level:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RbpMEXX1RY&feature=youtu.be

It's just frustrating that every time the game is booted up, it finds a new way to disappoint. Does the PS3 version run as terribly as the PS4 version? I've played all the LBP games and none of them have as terrible of a framerate as LBP3 does on PS4. This game just feels like such a chore to play and it's a great example of why I don't like buying games digitally. If I bought a physical copy, I'd have most of my money back already.

There are times when I play it when I think, "Wow! That is awesome, look at that!" But then a few minutes later I'm shaking my head at something broken that a QA team would have seen the first time they tried the level.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Finally got a chance to sit down and play the game for a good while. I mean, I played Community Levels but it was still serious fun none-the-less.

I also streamed it to Twitch, which uploads the stream to your YouTube afterwards (which I thought was cool).

Playlist
Any good levels you come across in particular? Want to play rather than watch TBH lol

It would be great for people to list the great user levels they have found as I too am not going to watch someone playing LBP3 (or any game TBH).

Cheers

Wasp

The game is far buggier than Assassin's Creed Unity.

If anyone is thinking of buying LBP3 I would strongly recommend they don't until or if the bugs are patched.

Elitist1945

Any good levels you come across in particular? Want to play rather than watch TBH lol

There's Tsunami Survival which is pretty fun. I also played a decently long Mini Golf level and a Star Wars level. Both also fun.

That's the most I've played so far.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm kind of waiting 'til they patch it up nicely and fix the missing level packs 'til I jump back in. I've done just about all I can to get my old content back. Now it's just a matter of waiting.

wouwie

In LBP 2, i always used recent activity as a way to find good levels. Once you heart good creators, you can find good levels through the recent activity of the hearted creators and this resulted in discovering new creators,...

In LBP 3, while browsing recent activity, all i see is a big loading icon, nearly the size of half a screen, continually obscuring the recent activity list while you scroll through it because it has to load the planets (on the left) to which the levels belong. In short, recent activity has become useless. How nobody noticed this while playtesting the game is odd... assuming the game was indeed playtested...

Also, it is indeed quite sad to see new levels with screen tearing and framerate issues and that on a PS4... I had big hopes for LBP3 on new hardware but it turned out to be a massive dissapointment. It makes me wonder if the PS4 version actually runs any better than the PS3 version?

Sony are lucky that the franchise isn't popular anymore. Releasing two 1st party franchises with game breaking bugs (Driveclub and LBP3) in one year is quite an achievement. And while everyone is slaying Ubisoft for it, nobody is talking about this.

Teknoman

I dunno if they are lucky. Popularity would speed up fixes and have more creators joining in. The game still looks pretty nice and sharp on PS4, and i'm sure now that all the holidays are over, they'll be supporting it full force. The game is a DLC magnetotron after all.

Are the framerate issues in user levels, because I havent run into slowdown (that I noticed) in story yet, but I just hit bunkum lagoon.

EDIT: Whats up with the Connection type warning? I've never had that in any LBP or any game period.

vehn

If I share play this with someone else's ps4 and give them a controller, can we play community levels? It keeps saying the other person has to sign in to psn when he obviously already is.

Teknoman

What do you guys think about mixing created music with the premade tracks, or is it usually best to stick with one style since the transition may be jarring?

I started playing this and I love it. The new mechanics are incredible, this isn't tiny improvements, we have BRAND NEW JUMP PHYSICS!!!! Little toggle has amazingly improved jumping. So where are all the super tight platforming levels?!

The item bag and portal like gadgets is a puzzle designers dream. You can make whole top down Zelda like adventure. The stuff I have been imagining in my head.

But I hear it's really glitchy. I too can't download old dlc. I have seen odd glitches around. Nothing game breaking for me yet. So explain to me the state of the game right now, what is going so wrong?

Also can I not use my move as an extra controller on ps4?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Here is where I stand with LBP3 right now and what's preventing me from playing it more consistently, despite my intention to put a lot of hours into creating and whatnot:

1) I have a very specific level idea I want to execute and I have a knack for not doing things unless I do them absolutely the way I want to. Currently, I need the MGS level pack with the Paint gun tool in order to prototype this accurately. As a result, the lack of store updates and lingering bugs are contributing to my motivation not to go back to the game.

2) I've already made a gun alternative, but that requires some significant changes in how I design my level. And I'm a bit frustrated with that alternative because when it shoots I want smoke and a spark in addition tot he projectile, but even though the smoke comes out, the spark sticker I place on it does not appear for some strange reason, which I assume it's either not intended to work that way but it's an inconsistency regardless and is frustrating. Not only that but I've also hit another wall with one of my other equippables that doesn't appear to have a proper solution to the issue (the electricity gun that I've discussed in this thread prior).

3) My level is pretty expansive in scope, and thus I'm spending more time trying to plan it out by drawing it out than actually working on it and the mechanics.

I haven't really delved into the community levels but is there anything like what I would love to do. I have this vision of a Zelda 2 like side scrolling adventure. It has an expansive hub world with towns, forests, deserts, lakes, etc. there are areas you can't access until you find new items. There are secrets to find, again with new items. Different parts of the map leads to dungeons which link to themed levels where you find a new item and solve advanced puzzles with them.

The variety in levels can be massive. One can be a portal based level. One can be all top down. One can be all about gravity. One can involve fast paced platforming with toggle. As you complete dungeons you explore the hub world further and so on.

So is there anything like this in the community. I know the main story does something similar but I am thinking larger and more advanced gameplay.

Teknoman

I just need a few more custom music tracks and then time to create. I've pretty much got what stages I want to make, the order, and so on in mind.

Need to put in time with blaster handle mechanics so I can make some good weapon sets:

Flame Rod
Standard sword (with a kinda strider style wave slash effect in front to actually hit enemies with)
Legendary sword (same thing but with a wider wave and more ornate blade/hilt)

...I still have to think of the rest lol or at least good ways to implement.

Think Ys 3 original version style.

I finally got around to starting this game a few hours ago, and have to say that I disagree with most of the reviews so far. It's not all that fun, and is very buggy to boot.

If I'm on the third world (not counting the prologue), how much more do I have left?

Not much. It's a very short game.

Yeah, I figured. Thanks, sir.

I beat it this morning, after a couple of hours or less. It'll go down as one of the worst releases of 2014 in my books, campaign-wise at least. A glitchy, broken and very underwhelming mess.

Teknoman

Maybe this like my Sonic experiences where I've never run into a glitch? I still need to get my mgs pack to be recognized but that's about it.

EDIT: Of course as soon as I say something, I cant find the Egyptian Mythology Minipack content I bought the other day.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Maybe this like my Sonic experiences where I've never run into a glitch? I still need to get my mgs pack to be recognized but that's about it.

I had a clean experience too, but that doesn't excuse the myriad of issues others have suffered. Also, I'm still waiting on both the Cross-Controller level pack and Monsters level kit to be recognized before I can touch either of my carried over LBP2 projects. Some of the other packs (including MGS) have been recognized but have bugs that prevent me from collecting all the prize bubbles.

And I've still got no recognition on the Pirates of the Carribean costume pack, the Ratchet & Clank costume pack, the Heavenly Sword minipack (it shows up on PS4, but wants me to buy it again), and the God of War minipack. Oh, and the Santa hat & beard.

edit: just checked the online store, and it looks like the PotC costumes are finally there as a pack. Whether it works in game is yet to be seen.

Top Bottom